Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

May 22, 2016
200 posts
79 upvotes
I am currently with Bell Fibe but the max we get is 15 Mbps download speed in my area, its total garbage! I can get up to 500U with Rogers but don't need that, I'm good with 150u

I need the wireless boxes so considering Ignite TV. I went on the Rogers website, and I see that they are offering for $149/mth (popular package, equivalent of the "better" bell package) this:
https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ign ... v-internet

As I would need 4 boxes total, I'd have to pay the $5 fee for 3 additional boxes, so it would be $165 + tax = $186, I'm currently paying $168 all in.

Is $186 the best offer for a new customer? Any insights appreciated. I recognize the process for retention is different, but wondering what is the best approach to get the best deal for a new customer.
Jun 2, 2008
40 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
gamblinman wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 10:58 pm
I haven't heard anything from Win-back as of yet. I put in my cancelation for March 13th. Will keep you posted as well.
Received email from winback requesting me to call in, as well as browser pop-up providing me to do the same. Called them, and they offered me Popular TV and Gigabit Internet for $129 before tax.... When I called to put in cancelation over the weekend, they had offered it to me for $114 tax in... So, told them to keep the cancelation in place.

Guess I have to keep waiting and attempt closer to my end date?

-X-
May 28, 2013
85 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Mike68 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:04 pm
After going back and fourth with different departments and escalating to ootp, they offered me the following

Popular TV (1 box)
Gigabit Internet
Deluxe home phone + private number + unlisted feature + international plus (need it for Europe)
Total = Approximately $164 tax in.

Previously paying $155 tax in for same package

Was prevously on the U63 deal.
Update: OOTP called me back the next day after i emailed them after seeing they changed something that we did not agree on. That being said, they managed to find an EVEN BETTER deal the next day. Now I am paying $150 tax in for Gigabit, Popular TV, and Deluxe home phone (+ private number, unlisted feature + international plus add-on)
Jan 11, 2012
165 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond Hill
As I have posted before I call every year to try to get or extend cable deal (I have only cable with Rogers and don't want to add other services if possible, it may mean good bundling but the only other thing I would really need is mobile and I already pay relatively little for mobile)

Two years ago I got a good deal but within the year the 'service fee' increased three times (yes 3 times) so within that 1 year my 'guaranteed' deal increased by $2, $3, $3/month via that service fee loophole they have created for themselves. Last year when it was time to try to get a discount again I went on FB messenger and got a relatively good deal (compared to the years before at least) for my "grandfathered digital VIP" $67/month after taxes.

Today time to try to get a deal again on FB:

Rogers: the grandfathered plan no longer exists and the best I can find Premier (the almost equivalent to digital VIP) is $90 after taxes but it also comes with a 4K box plus your existing regular box
Me: $23 per month increase is too much and I have no use for 4k box at this time. I will decide and I may have to check the lower Rogers package or accept Bell cold call deals.
Rogers: I see there is a deal for $80
Me: I will decide soon thanks
Mar 24, 2006
189 posts
49 upvotes
What about new customers?

The best I can get is 500u for 45$
Jun 2, 2008
40 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Called the cancelation number for shits and said I was calling to "confirm my cancelation was in place"... with the intention of inquiring if any better offer could still be gotten, and if there was any note on my account mentioning Popular TV and Gigabit Internet for my weekend offered $114 tax in, instead of the shitty offer that win-back provided me today.
The rep was actually quite nice, confirmed my cancelation (obviously), attempted to look for any other current available offer (which there weren't any), and also confirmed (while providing reference number) to the $114 offer I received on the weekend from the cancelation department. ....It would appear they have given me a better deal that the win-back team....
The rep also stated that the Promo's typically are more available/announced towards the end of the month, and at the beginning. Seeing as how my cancelation is scheduled for March 8th, she recommended that I try calling back into cancelations towards the end of this month, beginning of next, and worst case I provide my reference number to achieve the $114 offer.

What a stupid game we play...

-X-
Apr 8, 2012
7 posts
3 upvotes
Vaughan
After I put in a cancellation, I got a popup with a reference code for a "special" offer to keep my business. They offered a higher price than the offer I got when i placed my cancellation. What a joke!
Jun 2, 2008
40 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
jacket64 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 6:25 pm
After I put in a cancellation, I got a popup with a reference code for a "special" offer to keep my business. They offered a higher price than the offer I got when i placed my cancellation. What a joke!
Same happened to me. However the rep at time of cancelation provided cheaper which is quoted under my account...
Feb 12, 2019
2 posts
Dan1980 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 3:04 pm
Need help.

I am a long time reader of this form which has helped me in the past. But I am now posting because I need some extra help.

So my current Rogers Tv/Internet/Phone bundle is ending March 11th

Ignite 150-unlimited
Home phone - local
Premier TV package
- Canadian and US time shifting
- GSN channel
- US Superstaion Pack
- Premier Specialty Pack
Netbox HD and Netbox 3.0 HDPVR
$155.14 taxes included.

I contacted rogers over chat to see what offer I could get, and I was offered the following package.

Ignite Premier TV
Canada US time shifting
Ignite 500-unlimited
Home Phone - Canada unlimited
4K PVR
Installation for ignite 149.99 + tax. This was waived
$181.92 taxes included
I asked if they could note this offer on my account as it was to much and would get back to them.

Contacted Rogers chat again and was offered this.

Ignite Premier TV
Ignite 300-unlimited
Home Phone - local
Free Wifi pods
Free installation
$168.91 taxes included
I asked if they could note this offer on my account and I would get back to them.

I called the following day to put in a cancelation for my services on March 11th when my current bundle was ending hoping to get a better deal from the winback team.

Recieved a call from Rogers today, the gentleman said he was with Rogers Ambassador Team and he basically offered me what I already have not the new ignite TV but regular Premier tv with time shifting, 150 unlimited internet and local home phone for $160. I asked about the wifi pod he said it would be 9.99 more a month. I told him the regular Rogers customer service offered me a better deal, he said sorry this is all he could offer me and I have till 6pm to decide. I said thank you, but no thank you as I can't afford to pay that.

So, first of all is Rogers Ambassador Team the same as the WinBack Team, or should I still expect a call from the WinBack Team. If so, how long till they call?

Is my one offer for $168.91 really the best deal I can get, or is there something else that I can or should do?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

So talked to rogers today, asked about my previous offers if they were still available or if there was anything better they could offer.

I was informed the last reps were wrong to offer me ignite 300 unlimited internet, as the new ignite bundles only come in 150U, 500U and 1gigU. So I asked to speak to a manager. The rep from the management team said this is the best offer they could give me.

Ignite Premier TV
- With CDN and US time shifting.
Ignite 150 unlimited internet.
Ignite Home Phone
- Unlimited Canada calling and 7 other features.
2 - 4K IPTV Boxes.
Free wifi pods.
Installation fee of $169.49 waived.
$150.99 + tax = $170.62

Not thrilled about this, but I did accept it as I was not getting any better offer.
Last edited by Dan1980 on Feb 20th, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2016
200 posts
79 upvotes
Given my current plan with Bell, I would take this.
Dan1980 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 1:46 am
So talked to rogers today, asked about my previous offers if they were still available or if there was anything better they could offer.

I was informed the last reps were wrong to offer me ignite 300 unlimited internet, as the new ignite bundles only come in 150U, 500U and 1gigU. So I asked to speak to a manager. The rep from the management team said this is the best offer they could give me.

Ignite Premier TV
- With CDN and US time shifting.
Ignite 150 unlimited internet.
Ignite Home Phone
- Unlimited Canada calling and 7 other features.
2 - 4K IPTV Boxes.
Free wifi pods.
Installation fee of $169.49 waived.
$150.99 + tax = $170.62

Not thrilled about this, but I did except it as I was not getting any better offer.
Apr 1, 2009
167 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
Olbi wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:02 am
Hi All,

Currently I have Ignite 150 and Popular TV deal with Rogers, which expires next month (March). I'm planning to cancel the TV and keep the internet. What would be the best deal to get for Ignite 150 only?

Thank you!
Last week I cancelled the TV and asked the CSR how much 150U internet will be and she came with offers that were too high for me (first $84.99, then ~$73), so I asked to have my Internet cancelled as well. I was transferred to another department ("Cancellations"?) where I was first offered the same ~$73 and after I politely declined, she asked me several times to confirm the cancellation date.

The next day I got a call from the "Ambassadors'" team with two offers: 150U for $63 and 75U for $45. I accepted the first one - although high compared to other offers, I'm not in a FTTH area and this is less than what I was paying for 150U in the old bundle. No contract, re-connection ($49.99 "Install Fee") and activation fee ($19.99) waived.

This was last week, but I'm still getting the pop-up message in the browser to call Rogers. Does anybody know when this message will disappear?
Last edited by Olbi on Feb 20th, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7530 posts
2256 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know current promos for new customers for Gigabit?

Online it says there's a modem rental, can you use your own to negate the fee?
Dec 20, 2016
13 posts
1 upvote
baresi wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 2:57 pm
As I have posted before I call every year to try to get or extend cable deal (I have only cable with Rogers and don't want to add other services if possible, it may mean good bundling but the only other thing I would really need is mobile and I already pay relatively little for mobile)

Two years ago I got a good deal but within the year the 'service fee' increased three times (yes 3 times) so within that 1 year my 'guaranteed' deal increased by $2, $3, $3/month via that service fee loophole they have created for themselves. Last year when it was time to try to get a discount again I went on FB messenger and got a relatively good deal (compared to the years before at least) for my "grandfathered digital VIP" $67/month after taxes.

Today time to try to get a deal again on FB:

Rogers: the grandfathered plan no longer exists and the best I can find Premier (the almost equivalent to digital VIP) is $90 after taxes but it also comes with a 4K box plus your existing regular box
Me: $23 per month increase is too much and I have no use for 4k box at this time. I will decide and I may have to check the lower Rogers package or accept Bell cold call deals.
Rogers: I see there is a deal for $80
Me: I will decide soon thanks
You indicated you only have Cable with Rogers...who do you have internet with and how much do you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Jan 11, 2012
165 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gamblinman wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 12:04 pm
You indicated you only have Cable with Rogers...who do you have internet with and how much do you pay if you don't mind me asking?
DSL $40 with Teksavvy, 15Mb/s has been good enough for me and according to what I read and my neighbours more stable/less outages than cable internet.
Apr 2, 2013
396 posts
283 upvotes
St. Catharines
Rogers has always been good to me. Dropped to Popular TV with TLC added as that's really all the wife watches (was on Premier but didn't see much of a point of continuing it), and 500U for internet for $78.89 after taxes and fees locked in for another year. Certainly happy about that one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)