Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Dec 21, 2014
11 posts
2 upvotes
Markham, ON
EugW wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 10:56 am
So, what WWYD?

One of the field agents gave me a Premier TV+ Gigabit internet + home phone + 4K PVR + additional TV receiver promotional deal for $105, which is a good deal, but since I had gotten the deal in January instead of December, one of the aspects of the promotion had changed. The deal was similar in December but included 1 year free Crave/TMN/HBO. In January that promotion changed to 2 months, although he said he could extend it manually to 12 months, once the 2 month promotion is over. I emailed the agent a couple of weeks back and got no response. I emailed again this week, now that the deal is over, and I still get no response. Hmm...
I'm pretty sure I got the same field rep you did, as I am in the same situation where he promised 12 months of Crave instead of 2. I've emailed him multiple times and even texted him at the phone# he provided, and still nothing. Tried to call the Rogers office at York Mills, where he supposedly works, and left a message with maybe a manager. We'll see if he calls me back or not, but I'm not holding my breath. Next step, I guess, is to take this up with the management office.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16558 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
seuxlo wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 2:13 pm
I'm pretty sure I got the same field rep you did, as I am in the same situation where he promised 12 months of Crave instead of 2. I've emailed him multiple times and even texted him at the phone# he provided, and still nothing. Tried to call the Rogers office at York Mills, where he supposedly works, and left a message with maybe a manager. We'll see if he calls me back or not, but I'm not holding my breath. Next step, I guess, is to take this up with the management office.
I edited my post after I posted it because Rogers called me, shortly before you posted your response. As mentioned, I had emailed the rep recently. I did not get an email response, but today Rogers called me directly. I did NOT contact them. What I put in my post edit:
EugW wrote:Fixed. I guess the agent had forwarded the info to a different department, and they called me today saying they could provide a credit for that to bring me to 12 months, and I should see that with the next bill.

That's great. I'm satisfied with the service and followup.
Aug 14, 2010
531 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
I've been negotiating with rogers for the last few days, my current plan ends on March 15th. I currently have ignite 500 internet, Popular specialty TV package with 1 Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR and local home phone with caller ID. I told them I'm happy with the service and I would like to keep things exactly how they are. The first couple of reps said the best they could offer was $184/month, I said no thanks.
Today I called the management office number, first she said the best she could offer was $150, I said no that's crazy, I'm not willing to spent more than what I'm paying now. So then she said she'll put me back on hold and look to see if there's any exclusive offers for my account since I've been a long time customer. After about 10-15 mins she came back with an offer for $99.99/month, for all the services I listed above, which comes to $112 with taxes. I thought that was a pretty good deal so I accepted it. So I'm good until March 2020 now.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16558 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
emanon86 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 3:09 pm
I've been negotiating with rogers for the last few days, my current plan ends on March 15th. I currently have ignite 500 internet, Popular specialty TV package with 1 Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR and local home phone with caller ID. I told them I'm happy with the service and I would like to keep things exactly how they are. The first couple of reps said the best they could offer was $184/month, I said no thanks.
Today I called the management office number, first she said the best she could offer was $150, I said no that's crazy, I'm not willing to spent more than what I'm paying now. So then she said she'll put me back on hold and look to see if there's any exclusive offers for my account since I've been a long time customer. After about 10-15 mins she came back with an offer for $99.99/month, for all the services I listed above, which comes to $112 with taxes. I thought that was a pretty good deal so I accepted it. So I'm good until March 2020 now.
This is a good sign that Rogers is willing to negotiate without our having to cancel. I just wish we didn't have to go through 3 different reps to get those deals. After calling several times with Bell, I got nowhere, which is why I'm on Rogers right now. In fact with Bell, they didn't try to contact me until a month after my service was actually terminated. What is the point of that?
Nov 29, 2006
859 posts
191 upvotes
YorkU wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 2:11 pm
What # was in the email? 1-866-600-9112?
The number is 1-866-600-9112
Jan 13, 2006
211 posts
4 upvotes
Whitby
Old deal, $132 taxes in for VIP, one HD PVR, one HD box, 100U
New deal, Premier TV, same hardware, Gigabit unlimited for one year for $115.18

When I went to the Rogers store to change up the modem, they said they couldn't do the switch up because there was something wrong. Was on the phone with Rogers (in the Rogers store!) and they fixed it. Seems that price is unable to be applied automatically, so some human has to manually apply discounts each month to my account to make the total work out.
WTH? I'll have to babysit my account balance . At least the notes are on the account.

Holy BALLS Gigabit is fast! I'm getting 970Mbps most of the time. I was happy with 100u which always tested out at 150.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2417 posts
2055 upvotes
GTA
Hope someone can help with a little off topic question:
Anyone know if after cancelling your TV service are you still able to access/play shows that you have recorded on Netbox 3.0 PVR ?( I own it).
My Cable promo is ending on march 19. Rather than get a new promo and then get price increased on April 1, I'm thinking about cancelling service and restarting in April, but i don't want to lose about 40 hours of shows I have recorded and yet to watch
Sep 26, 2007
477 posts
36 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I currently have Rogers Select TV + 1 Netbox 2.0 + Ignite 150U + Home phone basics with 2 features for $120 (tax in) which expires at the end of the month.
Chatted with Rogers last night and gave given a price of $150 for the renewal..
I can't get these crazy pricing because Bell doesn't offer Gigabit in my neighborhood.

Is anybody in the same situation?
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2417 posts
2055 upvotes
GTA
jmichou wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 11:39 pm
I currently have Rogers Select TV + 1 Netbox 2.0 + Ignite 150U + Home phone basics with 2 features for $120 (tax in) which expires at the end of the month.
Chatted with Rogers last night and gave given a price of $150 for the renewal..
I can't get these crazy pricing because Bell doesn't offer Gigabit in my neighborhood.

Is anybody in the same situation?
Thanks.
I'm in same situation with no Bell Gig in my apt building. I was just quoted Select + 75u + home phone w 6 features + NA long distance for $105 taxes in.(I own my Netbox) I then .asked for only 2 phone features at a cheaper bundle price and was told such a bundle doesn't exist.
Apr 1, 2013
122 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 11:27 pm
Hope someone can help with a little off topic question:
Anyone know if after cancelling your TV service are you still able to access/play shows that you have recorded on Netbox 3.0 PVR ?( I own it).
My Cable promo is ending on march 19. Rather than get a new promo and then get price increased on April 1, I'm thinking about cancelling service and restarting in April, but i don't want to lose about 40 hours of shows I have recorded and yet to watch
I owed the box and gave mine to my parents when I switched to bell. My recordings were still on there when they plugged it in. I’m not sure, but it might need an active account in order to boot up.
Feb 18, 2014
188 posts
108 upvotes
emanon86 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 3:09 pm
I'm in the same boat as you,the only difference is I'm paying $10.99 extra for 2 international channels and I've got basic homephone (no caller ID). I called today to extend my promo (ending April 2) and I got quoted $222 tax in, presently I'm paying $112 tax in.
Would you be able to PM me or post here the phone number to the management office that you used?
Also, beginning April Rogers is increasing the price for both the internet and TV by $3 each service, did your new quote include the price increase?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1475 posts
172 upvotes
Barrie
IsABargainHunter wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 8:25 pm
Has anyone seen new customer deals with Rogers lately? There doesn't seem to be a lot posted in recent posts and I haven't been able to get anything descent through contacting Rogers. We are considering switching before our Bell promos expire and were curious if anyone knew of good deals going on.
Also looking for info on new customer deals. Best way used to be through a new customer rep, but I haven't seen any contact info posted for a while. Looking for new customer deals here - if anyone has a contact please PM me. Thanks!
Amex SPG, MR, and Aeroplan offers help me travel!
Apr 29, 2015
113 posts
47 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Kfox wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 12:19 am
I'm in same situation with no Bell Gig in my apt building. I was just quoted Select + 75u + home phone w 6 features + NA long distance for $105 taxes in.(I own my Netbox) I then .asked for only 2 phone features at a cheaper bundle price and was told such a bundle doesn't exist.
Even without gig, Bell doesn’t have a new customer offer for their equivalent of Rogers 75u? (Just asking so I understand Rogers strategy/logic)
Mar 18, 2010
70 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
Current promotion is expiring on March 22nd. Called today to check, initially told got a promo on the account for ignite tv package - $181.xx including tax.
I asked if I can keep everything same....paying $102.xx/month now...put me on hold and came back with below package.

- Popular TV
- Ignite 500U
- Local Home Phone + Called ID
- 1 HDPVR
- 1 Gigabit Modem Rental
- HD Box with Whole HOME PVR
Total with taxes in - $116.36

with 4k PVR - $128.36

-my area has FTTN and not FTTH yet. Last time I mention I have FTTH and got the $102 deal.
May 31, 2006
597 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
can a field agent pm me the latest deal for a new customer. My brother is moving into a new build.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

elmirfudd, loonieryan, sp900514