Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Feb 18, 2014
316 posts
165 upvotes
xrayii wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:03 am
Anyone able to get the deal for two years instead of one?
YES.
Office of the President offered me:
Popular with PVR
Gigabyte Internet
HomePhone (basic)
$103/month plus tax (24 month term)

not sure if I should cancel and let Winback call me and get a better deal, the only plus is I don't have to call them back for 2 years. If I wanted I can call them up come December and find out what promotions they have.
Dec 25, 2007
920 posts
191 upvotes
What's best deal available for new subdivision? I'm really only looking for internet at this point.
Sep 13, 2012
758 posts
374 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
newbee34 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 5:20 pm
what is the difference between rogers internet vs ignite internet
Marketing.
Mar 23, 2019
1 posts
bobby621 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 1:03 am
YES.
Office of the President offered me:
Popular with PVR
Gigabyte Internet
HomePhone (basic)
$103/month plus tax (24 month term)

not sure if I should cancel and let Winback call me and get a better deal, the only plus is I don't have to call them back for 2 years. If I wanted I can call them up come December and find out what promotions they have.
Sorry who’s the office of the president?
Aug 29, 2017
25 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto: I called last week to a rep that left a card at my door and was able to get internet set up for 500mbps down for 27 per month for 12 months. It's usually 37 but it's free modem/router rental right now so I got it for $27. I can send the rep's number through PM to those interested and see if their address qualify for this deal, not sure how long the $27 will last though.
Got it for one address around Eglinton/Mount Pleasant and one around Yonge/College.
Mar 24, 2019
2 posts
Hi guys existing customer here. I cancelled my cable internet for April 5th, contract ends April 9th.
Currently have:
Internet 150u
Popular TV + Bein sport (15.99/month)
With free hdpvr I own 2 other hdpvrs
Basic home phone
Paying 141$ a month

Rogers retention offered me today
Internet 150
Popular TV with Bein sport
Cancel home phone
$109/month plus tax

Not too bad but not great. I didn't accept just yet. Think I can do better?
Oct 11, 2002
230 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
In Hamilton. How do you find a rep? No one comes around door to door here. Weekly at my old place in Mississauga but no one here.
Jan 19, 2015
97 posts
28 upvotes
Dieselxx wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 2:40 pm
Hi guys existing customer here. I cancelled my cable internet for April 5th, contract ends April 9th.
Currently have:
Internet 150u
Popular TV + Bein sport (15.99/month)
With free hdpvr I own 2 other hdpvrs
Basic home phone
Paying 141$ a month

Rogers retention offered me today
Internet 150
Popular TV with Bein sport
Cancel home phone
$109/month plus tax

Not too bad but not great. I didn't accept just yet. Think I can do better?
I think it's pretty good, actually. I am paying around $83 plus tax for Internet 75 and Popular (with PVR included). So, if I were to add BeIN Sports, and upgrade to Internet 150, I don't think it would be any less than what your offer is. Also, and you probably know about this, if You subscribe to DAZN online streaming service, it is $20 per month, or $150, if you go with yearly subscription. DAZN includes BeIN Sports, so if you definitely need BeIN Sports, that would be another option to consider, and see what kind of an offer you can get from Rogers, without BeIN in it.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2717 posts
619 upvotes
I wish I could completely get rid of my Rogers e-mail address so I could bail to Bell, the offers from Rogers get worse for me every year, what is the price to keep a Rogers e-mail address active with no other services?
Mar 24, 2019
2 posts
DonR04 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 4:52 pm
I think it's pretty good, actually. I am paying around $83 plus tax for Internet 75 and Popular (with PVR included). So, if I were to add BeIN Sports, and upgrade to Internet 150, I don't think it would be any less than what your offer is. Also, and you probably know about this, if You subscribe to DAZN online streaming service, it is $20 per month, or $150, if you go with yearly subscription. DAZN includes BeIN Sports, so if you definitely need BeIN Sports, that would be another option to consider, and see what kind of an offer you can get from Rogers, without BeIN in it.
Thanks for the reply. I need the ability to record MotoGP and WSBK that's why I need Bein. I used to have the MotoGP online subscription but that's running 140$ euros a year now. I don't know much about DAZn. Seems like an option but I do need to record races to watch later as most are on late or early morning. I don't have a means of streaming to my tvs as they aren't smart tvs lol.

The only thing I'm really losing if I agree is the home phone, which I don't really use tbh. If I want to keep the phone it's an extra 10$.
Apr 19, 2004
771 posts
175 upvotes
Earth
Just renewed for 1 year. Existing 2 year deal was expired. Been doing this Rogers retention thing for 20 years now...

500U + Modem
Home phone + Can Long dist
Select TV + 1 Pick your own channel + PVR

Got $110.xx tax in

Live chat was $127.xx tax in 2 days ago

I really dont need home phone or TV that much but I get %12 off 5 cell phones so its worth keeping the bundle
Agents know all about RFD forum (I never mentioned it and they brought it up)
They did mention something about flash deals. Its codes they get per day. (dont know if its BS or not)
Also said they have no 2 year codes right now to offer
Jan 19, 2015
97 posts
28 upvotes
You wouldn't be able to record MotoGP events, since BeIN through DAZN is only live streaming. Other events (soccer games, NFL games, etc.) are available for later viewing, but not BeIN programming. So, I guess that keeping your BeIN channel subscription is the only option. As for your price, keep in mind that these Rogers terms are no contract, so you can always cancel, or make a change, without any additional fees.
Nov 17, 2006
152 posts
7 upvotes
100Pacer wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:02 am
Follow up with management office at (844) 410-5766 - that doesn't sound legitimate.
They told me the same because it was part of a bundle.
I canceled TV anyway and took the 1GB deal for $54.99

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

GordonS64137, Vietlord, smooth1975