Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15530 posts
1514 upvotes
GTA
Rogers.com LiveChat is offering $87.99 a month lol
she already knew I was gonna balk so gave me a senior support team at 1 866 737 4159 to call.
Apr 27, 2018
3 posts
Super frustrated. After an hour on the phone and speaking to two different reps best they could offer was Ignite 300u with modem + Select + PVR + home phone with long distance for $160 all in. They denied being able to offer anything similar to what others have posted. I even quoted the forums! Worth switching to Bell? Our internet went up massively the last two months are we are now paying $250/month for the same package as above (with 500U internet). Thoughts?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15530 posts
1514 upvotes
GTA
Called this Senior support team virtually no wait time... First offer is $109 after tax for ignite 500u?? lol
That's even higher than the junior rep who gave me this number.
she's like lemme try another code.
the lowest i can get it down to is
$56.49 after tax for 12 months

signing up... waiting for her to come back to me after putting me on hold to extend it to me

apparently it's been applied - seems too easy

EDIT: something has happened cuz my balance owing is negative
Feb 22, 2009
553 posts
217 upvotes
Ottawa
CapitalJac wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 5:56 pm
Super frustrated. (...) I even quoted the forums!
I know the feeling...
Sep 15, 2016
16 posts
3 upvotes
CapitalJac wrote:
Mar 29th, 2019 5:56 pm
Super frustrated. After an hour on the phone and speaking to two different reps best they could offer was Ignite 300u with modem + Select + PVR + home phone with long distance for $160 all in. They denied being able to offer anything similar to what others have posted. I even quoted the forums! Worth switching to Bell? Our internet went up massively the last two months are we are now paying $250/month for the same package as above (with 500U internet). Thoughts?
Similar, I have gone ahead and cancelled and set the terminate date to 2 weeks from now. Will see if I get a call back with a winback offer. The best they could offer me on 150u+populat TV was 140$ taxes in. We have another account and renewed that one for 110$ and they cant give me the same price. Its frustrating when other people are getting Gigabit and HBO and other stuff thrown in for 110-120$ taxes in.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7376 posts
835 upvotes
GTA
I currently have very basic cable with Rogers (under $20/month) and cable internet with Carrytel ($34.99/month for 75/10).

Rogers called with an offer they "said" was for existing customers only. 75/10 Internet for $25/month. Unlimited including modem with price guarantee for a year

It's less than I'm paying now. Is it worth it or does Rogers have better offers? The 75/10 works fine for me. I don't need a higher speed if it costs more and don't need additional cable service
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Feb 18, 2014
347 posts
174 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 12:24 pm
I currently have very basic cable with Rogers (under $20/month) and cable internet with Carrytel ($34.99/month for 75/10).

Rogers called with an offer they "said" was for existing customers only. 75/10 Internet for $25/month. Unlimited including modem with price guarantee for a year

It's less than I'm paying now. Is it worth it or does Rogers have better offers? The 75/10 works fine for me. I don't need a higher speed if it costs more and don't need additional cable service
Stay with what you have, once the promo is over you'll have to call Rogers to get on another promo, such a pain in the @ss. If you are going to switch make sure that if you cancel Rogers in the future you don't lose the Basic Cable pricing of $20/mth. Sometimes they offer you cheap internet but in order to get that pricing you must also have cable with them at the same time. If you cancel Internet, you have to pay cable at regular price. They may be trying to get you off the old basic package and onto the new.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7376 posts
835 upvotes
GTA
bobby621 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 2:45 pm
Stay with what you have, once the promo is over you'll have to call Rogers to get on another promo, such a pain in the @ss. If you are going to switch make sure that if you cancel Rogers in the future you don't lose the Basic Cable pricing of $20/mth. Sometimes they offer you cheap internet but in order to get that pricing you must also have cable with them at the same time. If you cancel Internet, you have to pay cable at regular price. They may be trying to get you off the old basic package and onto the new.
Thank you. That's actually a good point since we don't want to lose the cheap cable. I asked her what happens after a year and she said either we will work with you to keep the price the same or it will go up... Lol.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Sep 20, 2012
19 posts
9 upvotes
Bradford
Premier TV
HBO- CRAVE
PVR
1 gigabit internet
Home phone LD 6 features

$189 tax in

Not great but didn’t have the energy to deal with Rogers this year.
Sep 10, 2009
991 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
Win back offered:

$125 for 1gb and popular tv plus tax or 115 with 500U

Anyone got it for lower?
Sep 15, 2016
16 posts
3 upvotes
darkspider wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 9:14 pm
Win back offered:

$125 for 1gb and popular tv plus tax or 115 with 500U

Anyone got it for lower?
I would take that and run after what I have been getting. They wont go any lower than 140 for 150u+popular TV for me and I have been with them for 15+ years. How did you get this offer. You cancelled and they called you back? I cancelled yesterday, hope to get a call back from them with such an offer.
Sep 26, 2007
484 posts
37 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Very Frustrating. The price quoted is going up by $3 in April so it will be $132.18 tax in.
Can't go to FTTN50 as it's very bad in my neighborhood. Was thinking of going to Carrytel 75 + Bell bundle (Better TV/HomePhone/Internet25 for $99) but I think it will be more expensive at the end.
Sucks that Bell GB Internet is not available in my neighborhood.

Kfox wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 5:46 pm
My cable deal was expiring yesterday ahead of my internet and phone deal; I called to renegotiate and they offered me the same package as your facebook offer but $118 taxes in ( I own Netbox). I told them no and cancelled the cable on the spot. No calls from Winback as of yet. Will try again in April after their price increases kick in and hopefully some new deals will be available.

I'm also thinking about cancelling internet and phone and going over to Ebox FTTN50 @$30/month for a few months, long enough to qualify for new customer pricing with Rogers.
Nov 8, 2013
452 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Man, is Rogers a piece of s***.

I got an amazing offer from Bell for 2 years, a lot better than what Rogers was offering and so I took it. My plan with Rogers was on a month to month, and I had a year long promotion that expired next October. I was on a better deal than what people are being offered in this thread. I had Gigabit + Unlimited North American Home Phone (6 features) + Premier for somewhere in the $16x.xx after tax.

Anyway, Bell completed the install and the Internet is way faster and way more reliable. The TV quality is much superior and the channels change instantly instead of that delay Rogers had. It's just much more technologically advanced, rewind shows to the beginning (even if you didn't record them), watch PVR recordings on any wireless receiver. Use an Apple TV as a receiver, etc.

Anyway, so after the successful install, I call Rogers to cancel my services and they say that the port hasn't been completed and I will lose my home phone number. I'm using my home phone and it works correctly so I thought, okay weird. Well, cancel my Internet and TV services. The rep says if I cancel those, I'll lose my number. How? She puts me on hold for 10 minutes, comes back and says the support team said it's best to cancel all at the same time because I'd lose my number? I speak to Bell, and they confirm my suspicions that it's BS and the port is only related to the phone. Anyway, filed a CCTS complaint, let's see what happens.

I actually called twice attempting to cancel. Some nonsense the first time about going to a Rogers store to cancel, and now this time I'll lose my number if I cancel TV and Internet? Thank god I don't have to deal with them for another 2 years. With Bell my internet has no lag and it feels way faster due to that, no response delay or anything. I feel like every rep tries to get you to callback to cancel because it hurts their score if someone calls in and actually cancels, at least for retentions. Hopefully the CCTS look into this.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2916 posts
2716 upvotes
GTA
jmichou wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 9:45 pm
Very Frustrating. The price quoted is going up by $3 in April so it will be $132.18 tax in.
Can't go to FTTN50 as it's very bad in my neighborhood. Was thinking of going to Carrytel 75 + Bell bundle (Better TV/HomePhone/Internet25 for $99) but I think it will be more expensive at the end.
Sucks that Bell GB Internet is not available in my neighborhood.
I signed up for new package 10 days ago thru Facebook.(75+Select+HP $113 tax in) I have it on record from the rep that price would not increase on April 1st. He wrote, "these packages are not affected by the rate increase in April as only the older packages are affected by the rate increase"........Probably either misinformed or lying, it doesn't matter though, I've got him on record
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2916 posts
2716 upvotes
GTA
sillysimms wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 12:24 pm

Stick with what you have , so you don't have to go through renegotiating BS every year!!!

And don't give up that cable deal you currently have-- you'll never get it that cheap again!

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)