Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Aug 11, 2007
101 posts
4 upvotes
albertngi wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2019 10:26 pm
they won't budge on 144$ tax in for popular TV and 150u for me and i called today and spoke to retention.
Also, I own my own PVR and cable boxes so the $144 is for no hardware rental other than the internet modem. Is your 138$ including any hardware?
I have a suggestion for you if you're willing to try it. It worked out really well for me and several others I know as well as on the forum here. When you call into the rogers CSR, they're front line sales staff only, when they ask you the reason of your call, immediately tell them that you'd like to speak to someone about cancelling all your services. They'll try to get you to stay with them on the phone and change your mind with some mediocre offers. Stand your ground, when they ask you why you want to cancel, you tell them that you've been given a really good promotion from Bell and that you're not happy with the pricing you're getting from Rogers. These folks cannot process a cancellation order without sending you to another rep, those reps in the cancellation department are/or carry the same promotions (sometimes way better) than Retentions department. Be persistent and calm, be kind and just have patience, stand your ground and just tell them that unless they can offer you a better bundle with more suitable pricing for your budget, you want to cancel all your services and switch to Bell.

I've given this advice to lots of people and every single person has gotten some good deal similar to those that folks are getting here. If they put you on hold for almost 20 minutes, don't hang up, stay with that cancellation and once they transfer you to that person, they will try to convince you to stay, that's when you negotiate a better deal, otherwise, you submit your cancellation request, wait for the WINBACK call (typically 24-48 hours) someone will call you back and try to work with you on a deal. Meanwhile, I highly suggest you call Bell and see what they can offer you, if you have FTTH Internet available, SWITCH and don't look back! It's by far the fastest and greatest internet available, especially in Condo's and new developments.

Good luck, and remember kindness and patience goes a long way!
Mar 25, 2013
308 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Just put in my Cancellation request.

Promo for Premier TV + gigabit internet for $119.00 expires next week. Was quoted $166.59 I said forget it.
DroidKid
Dec 26, 2012
426 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
My premier 4k PVR Crave/HBO with Gigabit internet doesn't expire until 2020 but I was tired of paying $80/month for Cable so I re-negotiated Standard Cable with Crave/HBO but with regular receiver and Gigabit for $59.88 taxes in.

We were paying $133 before and am happy to save the $73/month. Not sure if we will even connect the cable as we wanted to cut it but this was the best deal without putting in the official cancellation request and waiting 48 hours for winback which I agree is an easy way to get a good deal.

I may still cancel down the road and would rather just pay $40 or so for just internet but they just wouldn't let me cancel TV without jacking up the price of internet.
Feb 9, 2017
107 posts
45 upvotes
I was offered 500U plus premier cable today for $113 taxes in today via Facebook messenger. I know it's not the cheapest compared to the other plans people posted on here but I took it as I normally dread having to negotiate with Rogers and this deal meets our needs.
Mar 25, 2013
308 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
droidkid wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 1:31 pm
Just put in my Cancellation request.

Promo for Premier TV + gigabit internet for $119.00 expires next week. Was quoted $166.59 I said forget it.
Instead of the email this year I got someone who called me back instead. Was offered exact same package I have now but for 24 months and for 122$ tax in
DroidKid
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2436 posts
2104 upvotes
GTA
For any Rogers customer who doesn't have FTTN available and consequently Rogers won't offer you the best deals in competition with Bell, I wonder if it would be worth a try to call and cancel, give reason that you are moving to a condo where you can get Bell's Fibe at a great price as new customer. Be prepared to give address of condo that you know has FTTN installed. See if cancellation dept will now offer you deals that they wouldn't offer before because they knew you didn't have access to FTTN. Sign up for new deal, put in move order then call back to cancel move order a few days later, keep new deal pricing
Jul 6, 2014
23 posts
10 upvotes
LONDON
Dru7000 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 5:42 pm
I was offered 500U plus premier cable today for $113 taxes in today via Facebook messenger.
What was your internet / tv price breakdown? Interested in what you got on the 500u. Are you in a Bell FTTH area?
Feb 9, 2017
107 posts
45 upvotes
sngraptor wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 4:23 pm
What was your internet / tv price breakdown? Interested in what you got on the 500u. Are you in a Bell FTTH area?
Oh it was $29.99 for the internet and $69.99 for the TV. I believe Bell just installed Bell Fibre in our neighborhood last fall.
Sep 7, 2011
47 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
A rogers rep just showed up at my door and offered 300u for about $40 and gigabit for about $50. He said that these are the prices for any building with at least 6 units. My Bell deal is ending next week, so I asked if I could decide later and he said yes and left his card.
Sep 15, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
albertngi wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2019 10:26 pm
they won't budge on 144$ tax in for popular TV and 150u for me and i called today and spoke to retention.
Also, I own my own PVR and cable boxes so the $144 is for no hardware rental other than the internet modem. Is your 138$ including any hardware?
Yes it includes one free PVR box.
Feb 7, 2006
154 posts
53 upvotes
GTA
micah356 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 7:03 pm
A rogers rep just showed up at my door and offered 300u for about $40 and gigabit for about $50. He said that these are the prices for any building with at least 6 units. My Bell deal is ending next week, so I asked if I could decide later and he said yes and left his card.
I'd like to get his contact as well. Thanks.
Happy Koodo user
Mar 23, 2004
37720 posts
3945 upvotes
Markham
Just got this deal, debating. Currently paying $35 for 150u...it is tempting though, $10 more for double the speed.

Though tbh i would probably just request to stay at the same deal.
Images
  • Rogers.png
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1090 posts
383 upvotes
London, ON
My plan was due to expire in about a month and through facebook chat was offered $128.80 taxes in for premier TV/ gigabit internet or $112.98 for popular TV plus BNN and gigabit internet. I ended up choosing to ditch my cable at the end of my current discounts and renewed the gigabit internet only at $37.99 plus tax for another 12 months.
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
Gigabit Internet $69.99 for 12 months
500u Internet $59.99 for 12 months

In North York. Condo.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)