Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1775 posts
299 upvotes
Can't get Bell to give me the time of day. I would rather stay with them, but this Rogers package offer is looking good to me.
In New Brunswick, so not many providers to choose from, mostly bouncing Bell and Rogers back and forth
- popular tv
- 4 HD PVR
- 500u internet
- home phone with 6 calling features and unlimited ld canada/US
- 2 months HBO/Crave
no install fees
$99/mth + tax

I am assuming that I will get a call from Bell when they get the phone port request from Rogers...
Apr 29, 2012
318 posts
228 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 11:54 pm
Just got this deal, debating. Currently paying $35 for 150u...it is tempting though, $10 more for double the speed.

Though tbh i would probably just request to stay at the same deal.
I'm currently on that 300U price deal. There is another plan of 150U for $39.99. This is not available to me but to my neighbour who is literally across the street to me. God dam rogers. I'm not eligible for this targeted promotion. Was mad but also happy the CSR admitted it was targeted promotion (new customer). I struck out but maybe you or someone else will have better luck with chat or retentions.

PS Can I ask how close were you to your expiry date when you got this deal, because I never got any of these pop ups. Thanks
Sep 18, 2017
9 posts
8 upvotes
I'm looking to switch from Bell to Rogers as a new customers.
so far the offer are TV and Internet for $165..

Is there any deals on going for new clients?

Thanks for the help
Mar 23, 2004
37923 posts
4105 upvotes
Markham
rfduser199 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 5:14 pm
I'm currently on that 300U price deal. There is another plan of 150U for $39.99. This is not available to me but to my neighbour who is literally across the street to me. God dam rogers. I'm not eligible for this targeted promotion. Was mad but also happy the CSR admitted it was targeted promotion (new customer). I struck out but maybe you or someone else will have better luck with chat or retentions.

PS Can I ask how close were you to your expiry date when you got this deal, because I never got any of these pop ups. Thanks
my original deal expires end of may.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4259 posts
617 upvotes
I currently have Popular TV + 500mb internet for $105 taxes in that I got in last May through retentions.
A Rogers rap called me a few days ago to negotiate a new deal to "save" me money as my deal ends in a few weeks but the best he could do for almost the same package was Popular TV + 1gb internet for $130 taxes in.

Looks like I'll try my luck with retentions tomorrow, might actually have a better case this time as Bell been installing fiber in my neighborhood the past month or so.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12086 posts
3953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
angel_wing0 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 2:10 am
my original deal expires end of may.
Did the pop up appear right after you logged into MyRogers or did you have to go into another screen to see it? My current discounts are expiring near the end of May as well but so far I haven't seen anything. My current promo is VIP+Gigabit for $95+tax. I contacted Rogers yesterday via FB Chat and got an offer for $105+tax for Premier+Gigabit. Not really thrilled to have to pay $10 more per month for something less. Actually thinking of dropping cable TV altogether since we rarely watch live TV anymore. So if I can't get the same VIP+gigabit deal for $95, I might just try to keep Gigabit internet for $35 and cancel cable.
Dec 23, 2008
838 posts
76 upvotes
Guelph
I currently have the old 35 Mbps $45 price protected plan for another 3 years and I have the old basic tv package with $10 off with free nextbox. I tried a few times to negotiate the tv offer only but they want me to change my internet is well. I don't really want to change it but it looks I may have too. Anyone able to get any good tv deals only?
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13207 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
I currently have premiere cable, 500 mbit internet service for $114 taxes in. Has anyone got a better deal than this and if so, what did they get? I don't care about speed as even 50 mbit is fine lol. Cheaper is better

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Feb 18, 2014
237 posts
128 upvotes
flafson wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 5:58 am
I currently have Popular TV + 500mb internet for $105 taxes in that I got in last May through retentions.
A Rogers rap called me a few days ago to negotiate a new deal to "save" me money as my deal ends in a few weeks but the best he could do for almost the same package was Popular TV + 1gb internet for $130 taxes in.

Looks like I'll try my luck with retentions tomorrow, might actually have a better case this time as Bell been installing fiber in my neighborhood the past month or so.
I got offered 103 plus tax for Popular, 1gb Internet, and HomePhone.
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 8:02 am
Did the pop up appear right after you logged into MyRogers or did you have to go into another screen to see it? My current discounts are expiring near the end of May as well but so far I haven't seen anything. My current promo is VIP+Gigabit for $95+tax. I contacted Rogers yesterday via FB Chat and got an offer for $105+tax for Premier+Gigabit. Not really thrilled to have to pay $10 more per month for something less. Actually thinking of dropping cable TV altogether since we rarely watch live TV anymore. So if I can't get the same VIP+gigabit deal for $95, I might just try to keep Gigabit internet for $35 and cancel cable.
Good Luck trying to keep VIP, Rogers is trying to move everyone to their new packages.
Sep 13, 2012
677 posts
320 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 8:02 am
Escalate up the chain of command with the goal being an ongoing manual credit to bring the VIP+Gigabit pricing in line with current in market plans.
Nov 6, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
Pickering, ON
Currently paying 136 and change, taxes in for 500u internet, premier tv,hbo/crave, leaf tv, US and Canadian timeshifting, home phone
Promo ends mid May
I was offered same package for $151 and change, taxes in, via online chat which was “tagged” to my account.
Any thoughts?
Pickering, ON
Mar 16, 2007
333 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough
Welp, I just called 1-888-Rogers1 and cancelled. I did not get transferred past the initial person I spoke to. I was told I should have called in the 3 months leading up to deal expiry and would have been able to extend my previous offer for 12 months (is this possible?). I was offered a promotion, but it was still higher than I wanted to pay.

Had:
-Ignite 150u
-Popular cable (no rental equipment, we own a box)
Total was 124 taxes in. Deal had expired and this months bill had gone up to $185.

Was offered:
-Ignite 150u
Total 138 taxes in.

I elected to cancel at the end of this billing cycle. This gives me 2-3 weeks to get a comeback offer from Rogers (does this happen?), or setup new services. I am in Scarborough and Bell has upgraded their lines in the last 18 months, hoping I can benefit by switching if it comes to it.
Last edited by Dough on Apr 6th, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 16, 2007
333 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough
heavy's wife wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 7:43 pm
Currently paying 136 and change, taxes in for 500u internet, premier tv,hbo/crave, leaf tv, US and Canadian timeshifting, home phone
Promo ends mid May
I was offered same package for $151 and change, taxes in, via online chat which was “tagged” to my account.
Any thoughts?
Pickering, ON
I think you're doing well relative to what I was offered, see post above. Compared to other recent deals, I think there is room for a slight improvement ($15-25), not sure how to get there.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4259 posts
617 upvotes
Dough wrote:
Apr 6th, 2019 9:10 pm
Welp, I just called 1-888-Rogers1 and cancelled. I did not get transferred past the initial person I spoke to. I was told I should have called in the 3 months leading up to deal expiry and would have been able to extend my previous offer for 12 months (is this possible?). I was offered a promotion, but it was still higher than I wanted to pay.

Had:
-Ignite 150u
Total was 124 taxes in. Deal had expired and this months bill had gone up to $185.

Was offered:
-Ignite 150u
Total 138 taxes in.

I elected to cancel at the end of this billing cycle. This gives me 2-3 weeks to get a comeback offer from Rogers (does this happen?), or setup new services. I am in Scarborough and Bell has upgraded their lines in the last 18 months, hoping I can benefit by switching if it comes to it.
Funny, I'm in a similar boat, they called me a few days ago to "help" by saying my previous deal ends at the end of April and instead of letting it increase by itself to around $270 or something crazy like that, they will give me about the same I have now (Popular TV + 500mb) for $125 taxes in instead of the $105 I currently pay.
I told them to first accept it so it doesn't jump to $270 by mistake and I'll later talk to retentions.
Today I called them back to cancel, was offered a slight improvement, from $125 to $119 and told them to cancel which will take effect on the end of the month.
So now I'm waiting for retentions to hopefully call and give me something better.

A year ago when I did the same thing, they called me back within a few hours but this time I called on Saturday night, so I'll give them a few days if needed.
Apr 4, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Unfortunately I've had the same problem. An increase In payment of about $10 on the same services, when i know for a fact family members are paying less for more services. Bell has just offered 99.90/mth on 2 yr contract for slightly better services than i currently have with Rogers. I hate to have to familiarize with a new setup but in order to save some money that's the new outcome. Roger's for 10 years, and treated worse than a new customer. I know they all do it but still very frustrating.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Jasauve