Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Apr 3, 2019
12 posts
1 upvote
Just cancelled, 2 days later got an email not a call. said please lets work something out. Popular tv, 150u internet. 122$...much better than anyone else at rogers had offered. Also when you call the number, you speak to a live person immediately. Also bill credit for 100$ for first 3 months.
May 3, 2008
893 posts
443 upvotes
Markham
brjak41 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 8:44 am
Just cancelled, 2 days later got an email not a call. said please lets work something out. Popular tv, 150u internet. 122$...much better than anyone else at rogers had offered. Also when you call the number, you speak to a live person immediately. Also bill credit for 100$ for first 3 months.
good for you. In my case, they never called, no email, no nothing, happy to NOT have me as a customer...Even tho being a customer for 20 years and every time I hear "You are a loyal customer and will provide you the best value....500u best price is $84.99...."
Apr 3, 2019
12 posts
1 upvote
If you PM me, i will forward the phone number. I couldn't believe how helpful. I thought i was gone from rogers, when i called to cancel, they said ok...no argument..
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4259 posts
617 upvotes
brjak41 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 8:44 am
Problem is, that doesn't seem like a good deal compared to the retentions deal I had a year ago from them.
Unless of course you take into account the $100 credit.

So far I had Popular TV + 500mb with 2 HDPVR boxes for $105 taxes in, the best I heard from them so far when I initiate the call was $119 taxes in for the same thing. Hopefully they call/email me back with something better.
Mar 15, 2017
31 posts
7 upvotes
Waterloo
I got offered a new package for porting from Bell to Rogers. $99.99 for gigabit internet + select package ignite tv + home phone (+ free crave tv subscription for 12 months)

Free crave tv sealed it for me. :)
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1517 posts
234 upvotes
Vaughan
xansmommy wrote:
Apr 5th, 2019 2:35 pm
Can't get Bell to give me the time of day. I would rather stay with them, but this Rogers package offer is looking good to me.
In New Brunswick, so not many providers to choose from, mostly bouncing Bell and Rogers back and forth
- popular tv
- 4 HD PVR
- 500u internet
- home phone with 6 calling features and unlimited ld canada/US
- 2 months HBO/Crave
no install fees
$99/mth + tax

I am assuming that I will get a call from Bell when they get the phone port request from Rogers...
Hi. I'm looking for similar as a new customer coming from Bell, just in Ontario. Who did you contact to get this?

Thanks.
Apr 3, 2019
12 posts
1 upvote
VarunG611 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 8:30 pm
I got offered a new package for porting from Bell to Rogers. $99.99 for gigabit internet + select package ignite tv + home phone (+ free crave tv subscription for 12 months)

Free crave tv sealed it for me. :)

Problem is "select" has no channels. Its their entry level package. To be close to equal with bell they would have to offer popular tv package.
Dec 23, 2006
982 posts
133 upvotes
Oshawa
Curious is Rogers is offering any sort of "decent" discounts on the Ignite TV service now? Several months back when I spoke with a rather helpful rep she said they didn't have any discounts for Ignite TV and I think I was quoted $250+tax/month for that. I have the 1Gbit and Premier + HBO/Crave and I pay $145/mo. My mom and her boyfriend who drop in from time to time are bugging me about it as they have it at his place so now they expect me to get it here.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2569 posts
2314 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone cancelled internet but kept cable, then after 3 months with another internet provider have you been able to get "new customer" pricing on internet ?
Mar 23, 2004
37934 posts
4119 upvotes
Markham
angel_wing0 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2019 11:54 pm
Just got this deal, debating. Currently paying $35 for 150u...it is tempting though, $10 more for double the speed.

Though tbh i would probably just request to stay at the same deal.
I ended up going to cancellation and they were able to offer me the same deal that I am currently on for another year...so i took that instead. They werent able to find any good 500u or better plans for me. Sucks, but there are worse things than paying $40 per month for internet (no TPIP for me).
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 26, 2010
802 posts
149 upvotes
Markham
Bit of a shitshow with Rogers. Though I probably won't even use their live-chat ever again.

Am currently paying $70+tax for Gigabit, but came across a rep a week ago that offered $45 for Gigabit (Offer now not available). Tried to match it with Rogers retentions but was no-go, so I set a cancellation request 2 weeks ago for April 12.
Received win-back pop-up on the browser, but called in and they offered $85+tax, which was even more than existing plan, so I hung up.

Tried to live-chat on Apr 9 to see if any deals would show up on my account. The first agent offered me the $45 deal but disconnected before changes were finalized. The second agent came in, and when I asked to look for the previous offer... he proceeded to change my password instead? He then closed my account and told me that it was already closed, and if I wanted it to be reinstated, it would be $101+tax. Basically blackmailing me. Told him to revert my account but he said it was closed and there's nothing he can do.

Called in afterward (no internet at home), and the rep just said that someone closed my account and tried to reinstate it at a different price. They didn't acknowledge my previous offer of $45 gigabit but was able to revert account to original $70 gigabit. They also messed up my billing and double charged me after reverting everything. Didn't notice it till after the call ended.

Back to square one, but gonna file a complaint to CCTS with the transcripts to see if I can get the $45 gigabit offer and fixing my billing. Huge pain in the ass.
Sep 13, 2012
692 posts
331 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Expliciate wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:32 pm
Bit of a shitshow with Rogers. Though I probably won't even use their live-chat ever again.

Am currently paying $70+tax for Gigabit, but came across a rep a week ago that offered $45 for Gigabit (Offer now not available). Tried to match it with Rogers retentions but was no-go, so I set a cancellation request 2 weeks ago for April 12.
Received win-back pop-up on the browser, but called in and they offered $85+tax, which was even more than existing plan, so I hung up.

Tried to live-chat on Apr 9 to see if any deals would show up on my account. The first agent offered me the $45 deal but disconnected before changes were finalized. The second agent came in, and when I asked to look for the previous offer... he proceeded to change my password instead? He then closed my account and told me that it was already closed, and if I wanted it to be reinstated, it would be $101+tax. Basically blackmailing me. Told him to revert my account but he said it was closed and there's nothing he can do.

Called in afterward (no internet at home), and the rep just said that someone closed my account and tried to reinstate it at a different price. They didn't acknowledge my previous offer of $45 gigabit but was able to revert account to original $70 gigabit. They also messed up my billing and double charged me after reverting everything. Didn't notice it till after the call ended.

Back to square one, but gonna file a complaint to CCTS with the transcripts to see if I can get the $45 gigabit offer and fixing my billing. Huge pain in the ass.
Before you take file a complaint with CCTS I would suggest escalating this to office of the President. Rather than have Rogers fined $120 by CCTS before they take on the complaint you’re better off having the $120 applied to your account as a goodwill credit in addition to any others credits and adjustments you’ll receive. Based on everything shared above I can see $250-$350 total goodwill credits applied by office of the President when all is said and done.
Dec 26, 2010
802 posts
149 upvotes
Markham
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 5:26 pm
Before you take file a complaint with CCTS I would suggest escalating this to office of the President. Rather than have Rogers fined $120 by CCTS before they take on the complaint you’re better off having the $120 applied to your account as a goodwill credit in addition to any others credits and adjustments you’ll receive. Based on everything shared above I can see $250-$350 total goodwill credits applied by office of the President when all is said and done.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11978 posts
1730 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Expliciate wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 2:32 pm

S/N OFF-topic: Perfect example here. MEHHH... typical shit show at robbers. Did you call Mgt Office?? I would try them first before doing anything else. In fact I found out today from OOTP - a surprise call - that they keep track of the number of calls you make and the cost per call to your account. They claim an average call to robbers cost $9/call and if the total number per year exceeds the net profit (including any credits given per year) they earn from said account they call it a "deficit account" and a business risk. WTF... You get into hot mess calls with robbers and they ding you for calling back X number of times to solve THEIR mistake becuz they couldnt make it right the first time. Niccce.

Sooner or later if robbers wants to control their profit margin and reduce call center costs they need to OUTSOURCE. They cant continue paying assinine reps $40-$47k/annum and then blame the cost of calls to clients for the "made in canada" speel. Bhell done away with cdn call centers a dozen years ago and paying 1/5th the cost. Sure it's a hot mess with the manila call center but they like cost savings over client satisfaction. Why change what works... or doesnt. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Sep 13, 2012
692 posts
331 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 10:16 pm
S/N OFF-topic: Perfect example here. MEHHH... typical shit show at robbers. Did you call Mgt Office?? I would try them first before doing anything else. In fact I found out today from OOTP - a surprise call - that they keep track of the number of calls you make and the cost per call to your account. They claim an average call to robbers cost $9/call and if the total number per year exceeds the net profit (including any credits given per year) they earn from said account they call it a "deficit account" and a business risk. WTF... You get into hot mess calls with robbers and they ding you for calling back X number of times to solve THEIR mistake becuz they couldnt make it right the first time. Niccce.

Sooner or later if robbers wants to control their profit margin and reduce call center costs they need to OUTSOURCE. They cant continue paying assinine reps $40-$47k/annum and then blame the cost of calls to clients for the "made in canada" speel. Bhell done away with cdn call centers a dozen years ago and paying 1/5th the cost. Sure it's a hot mess with the manila call center but they like cost savings over client satisfaction. Why change what works... or doesnt. *welp*
When the advisor from office of the President phoned you and advised your account has been flagged were you given a warning and/or further instructions? There are several Rogers advisors who monitor this thread so don't divulge too much but I'm just curious if any specific statement was made to you.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)