Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11978 posts
1730 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 1:42 pm
There are several Rogers advisors who monitor this thread so don't divulge too much but I'm just curious if any specific statement was made to you.
So then... why wud I mention it here? Self-defeating statement. lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Sep 13, 2012
693 posts
331 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 1:55 pm
So then... why wud I mention it here? lol.
If you were told your account has been flagged and your calls will be monitored or if you received a warning about the amount of times you phone and were told further calls would be cause for termination or if your account has been placed in the care of a specific advisor for example. None of it is identifiable to you specifically but all of it can be addressed depending on what you were told.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11978 posts
1730 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 2:00 pm
If you were told your account has been flagged and your calls will be monitored or if you received a warning about the amount of times you phone and were told further calls would be cause for termination or if your account has been placed in the care of a specific advisor for example. None of it is identifiable to you specifically but all of it can be addressed depending on what you were told.
PM sent.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
May 3, 2008
893 posts
443 upvotes
Markham
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 2:00 pm
confused here. So if you call them too many times to ask for a better deal, they will terminate your account ? If that is true and happens to me, I will terminate them before they terminate me...
Sep 13, 2012
693 posts
331 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
savemoresaveoften wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 2:03 pm
confused here. So if you call them too many times to ask for a better deal, they will terminate your account ? If that is true and happens to me, I will terminate them before they terminate me...
If you're calling them 50 times about the same issue you'll be warned. If you're calling them to negotiate over several calls it's not a concern.
Dec 26, 2010
802 posts
149 upvotes
Markham
Great news, OOTP called me back within 24hrs after I submitted the complaint.
Fixed my billing balance issue and matched the previous offer I was initially received before the whole fiasco.
Sep 13, 2012
693 posts
331 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Expliciate wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 7:36 pm
Great news, OOTP called me back within 24hrs after I submitted the complaint.
Fixed my billing balance issue and matched the previous offer I was initially received before the whole fiasco.
Hopefully solid credits too.
Mar 25, 2008
153 posts
29 upvotes
Kitchener
on another forum someone mentioned great deals on ignite tv and internet, but only available in store, not over phone or chat? anyone have details on this?
Apr 3, 2019
12 posts
1 upvote
I'd be interested to hear as well. Rogers has always done me right. I have a good plan...but I would like to see what there is for ignite tv
May 19, 2016
12 posts
I currently have the 500u+Popular+HBO/Crave for $86 taxes in. I called and spoke to retention, but the best they offered me was $135 taxes in to keep the same services. I asked for a lower tiered package such as 150u + Starter + HBO and they said there weren't any promotions on that package (quite bizarre!). So, I went ahead and asked for cancellation at the end of April (that's when my promotions are expiring). It's been 3 business days and I still haven't received any "winback" email as of yet. No popup in "my rogers" account as well. I think I am going to have to follow through with my threat and move to Bell + ALT TV + Crave for $78 + tax. Before I do, I wonder:

Has anybody had any success by just calling the winback number without receiving the email from them AFTER they've put in a cancellation date?

What are my options here? Has anybody tried something different?

(I am just trying to give Rogers that one last chance before I bid adieu. I've been with them for 20+ years, hence, asking!)
Mar 17, 2019
1 posts
I'm going through this now. My promo ended and they offer 150u internet + popular tv + home phone for $169.47.... Bell offered a similar package for $120. I don't want the hassle of swtiching over, so I'll try once again with rogers to see if they can get close.
Jan 3, 2007
319 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone PM me a direct way to contact OFTP? I tried to submit a complaint over rogers' submit a concern page and it went to a manager who offered no solution. Thanks!
Jan 22, 2008
113 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
How are people getting these $35 Ignite deals? I called in and they wouldn't offer me anything. Not something mediocre - I mean literally nothing. I was paying $60 for Ignite 150, it jumped up to $98, and so I called in for a discount. They wouldn't offer me anything.

All they'd do is provide the Ignite package (basic tv + Ignite 150 + basic home phone) for $102 + tax. I don't think that's too terrible, but it means I'm stuck paying for TV, which I wanted to cancel.

It seems like the only way to get just internet and to get a good deal on it, is to be a new customer. But since I'm not a new customer, I may just need to cancel with Rogers and see what Bell offers new customers.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2005
1063 posts
115 upvotes
North York
I just called in to get the Select + Gigabit + Home Phone + Crave for $99.99 for 12 months + $150 mastercard
My Bell credits were expiring and my bill was jumping to over $140. Select TV package has all the sports channels I need (minus TSN2, but my Bell package didn't have that either) so I'm happy to switch for a year and play the game again next year.
We'll see if Bell comes back with something good, but a few phone calls in so far and nothing yet.

Made a quick and dirty version of Fibe Good TV vs Ignite Select to see what I was missing. Yellow both packages have, blue is what Bell has (that actually matters). Hopefully, this is helpful to others in my situation. As someone who mainly watches Hockey, I was okay.
Images
  • good-vs-select.jpg
Last edited by darkz on Apr 14th, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 27, 2013
189 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Was curious about any Ignite "promos" going on, I couldn't help but laugh when I just did an online chat and received this response when I asked "that sounds like regular pricing to me"...

"Rogers has decided with the Ignite services that the prices are all going to be ongoing, no contract and that the prices are going to be the same for all customers. So whether you're a new customer, existing customer etc, the prices are all standard and set."

That's good stuff right there. I might have to frame that.

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 13 guests)