Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Feb 9, 2005
705 posts
63 upvotes
I got this in the mail but don't plan on converting yet. Past Rogers techs have advised me that Ignite TV might not work well for couple of TVs in my house due to wifi signal issues. If I go with Ignite TV, he says I may have to invest in a MESH system so might defeat any monthly savings.

I have to keep my modem in the basement as it has the newest coax lines in my house. My main floor wiring has poor signal due to hidden splitter(s) buried in walls/ceiling. And apparently the new ignite tv modems are loud and can make strange noises so I don't want to install that near bedrooms.

Sounds like something people have come across in the past based on google searches and Rogers community forums feedbacks/complaints.

Posting the letter in case someone can use it to leverage their own deal. You'll probably get pushback like it's area dependent, time limited, field agent limited, etc. All regular dialogue. I have chatted with Rogers recently and it sounds like they are waiving installation if you push hard enough.

Rogers Tech also indicated that Digital Tv will be slowly phased out which I think has been mentioned on RFD before.
Images
  • 34346A65-15E7-4C49-8081-38EB5E93AB07.jpeg
Dec 25, 2007
868 posts
180 upvotes
Ssamudre wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 8:31 am
Thanks! Got gigabit internet for 1 year, no contact for $50.
im getting 150 1 year for $50 and new build, bleh anyone think i could do better? i dont necessarily need 300 or 500u. apprently condos get better pricing vs houses
Apr 10, 2017
7 posts
vistaliving wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:54 am
I got this in the mail but don't plan on converting yet. Past Rogers techs have advised me that Ignite TV might not work well for couple of TVs in my house due to wifi signal issues. If I go with Ignite TV, he says I may have to invest in a MESH system so might defeat any monthly savings.

I have to keep my modem in the basement as it has the newest coax lines in my house. My main floor wiring has poor signal due to hidden splitter(s) buried in walls/ceiling. And apparently the new ignite tv modems are loud and can make strange noises so I don't want to install that near bedrooms.

Sounds like something people have come across in the past based on google searches and Rogers community forums feedbacks/complaints.

Posting the letter in case someone can use it to leverage their own deal. You'll probably get pushback like it's area dependent, time limited, field agent limited, etc. All regular dialogue. I have chatted with Rogers recently and it sounds like they are waiving installation if you push hard enough.

Rogers Tech also indicated that Digital Tv will be slowly phased out which I think has been mentioned on RFD before.
Hello there

I got the same letter only the price is $150 for 150u. What is that about?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2087 posts
213 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
vistaliving wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:54 am

Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?
Apr 22, 2019
6 posts
Could you please send me the contact information for this rep? Thank you
Dec 8, 2009
302 posts
38 upvotes
As 20-year Rogers customer, I have to pay over $80 for 75u. I will cancel everything.
Jun 11, 2005
230 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
I called that number and asked about that offer and it’s not available to existing customers only for new activations. I’m in Markham if it helps, maybe it’s a Mississauga specific offer right now.
Jan 21, 2019
6 posts
sillysimms wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 12:24 pm
I currently have very basic cable with Rogers (under $20/month) and cable internet with Carrytel ($34.99/month for 75/10).

Rogers called with an offer they "said" was for existing customers only. 75/10 Internet for $25/month. Unlimited including modem with price guarantee for a year

It's less than I'm paying now. Is it worth it or does Rogers have better offers? The 75/10 works fine for me. I don't need a higher speed if it costs more and don't need additional cable service
Where did you get the Carrytel cable internet at $35? Any link? Thanks.
Apr 22, 2019
6 posts
Can I pls have the contact informations of this sale rep ? Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7348 posts
818 upvotes
GTA
sinceremba wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 9:54 pm
Thanks. Seems that is expired offer, not sure if they still have the promotion price for cable internet. On one site, I only see one month for $25, and then $39.99 from the 2nd month.
I signed up last June so I know their promotions are always changing
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Sep 30, 2012
89 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
My existing promo of for 500u ended and it went from approx $30 staight to $130.
Got a call from Rogers and the cheapest was offered $75 for 75u + Tv (which I don't need).
Took it for now, but need to look for something better. This promo sucks.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

grabAdeal