Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

May 19, 2013
381 posts
4472 upvotes
Vaughan
pankrah1 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:35 pm
My existing promo of for 500u ended and it went from approx $30 staight to $130.
Got a call from Rogers and the cheapest was offered $75 for 75u + Tv (which I don't need).
Took it for now, but need to look for something better. This promo sucks.
Personally I'd call in to cancel that asap. That's a terrible deal especially since you don't need the tv so you're basically paying $75 for 75 /10.

The general Rogers retention promo atm seems to be $55 for 300u, $60 for 500u and $65 for gigabit since I've read a couple of people getting offered the same. I was too and took the 300u, asked the reps if there was anything else they could do and got some credits thrown in. It's not the best deal, but it's good enough for now since my promo was going to end soon so I couldn't play the waiting game. If you're in an area with Bell's gigabit fibre available you can use that as leverage and get better promos.

If you don't get offered anything better after cancelling and don't mind switching to a different ISP, Carrytel/Cannet has 150/15 for $50 atm (Carrytel has no activation fees while Cannet is $70). That was my fallback plan and it's better than what you're on currently at least.
Apr 25, 2017
606 posts
440 upvotes
Richmond Hill
pankrah1 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:35 pm
My existing promo of for 500u ended and it went from approx $30 staight to $130.
Got a call from Rogers and the cheapest was offered $75 for 75u + Tv (which I don't need).
Took it for now, but need to look for something better. This promo sucks.
same situation, 500u promotion end in June and when I log in to the rogers account, they offer me $49.99/month for Ignite Internet Gigabit
Sep 13, 2012
631 posts
284 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
RobbieL3164 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:44 am
same situation, 500u promotion end in June and when I log in to the rogers account, they offer me $49.99/month for Ignite Internet Gigabit
Not the best deal but also not the worst. Still...set up a cancellation and see what they come back with.
Feb 27, 2007
318 posts
48 upvotes
I called in to cancel my services, they didn't even try to talk me out of it. So, now I'll wait and see if I get a winback email or call. I had live chatted with a rep the other day and got a discounted offer, but it wasn't great.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12007 posts
3903 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I contacted Rogers via FB chat two weeks ago as my current cable & internet service discounts are disappearing by the end of May. I'm currently on VIP cable+Gigabit internet for $94.99/mo.

I asked if my current plan can be extended for another year. Got told they no longer give discounts for plans with VIP, as they are trying to move everyone to in-market cable packages. I told the agent to escalate my concerns to management, which he did.

Got a call about 3 business days later from an Office of the President adviser and was offered the following:

Premier TV package with 1 Nextbox HD terminal rental for $74.99
Ignite internet Gigabit unlimited $39.99
$25.00 bundled discount for 12 months

Total monthly rate before tax came to $89.98, which is $5 cheaper than what I'm paying now. So while I lose the VIP package, I get a HD terminal rental included which is great because my old one (which I own) died late last year. And pay $5 cheaper per month. I tried to get this deal for 2 years but sadly they could only offer for a year. So this time next year I'll have to jump through the loops again.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11934 posts
1708 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 2:48 pm

I tried to get this deal for 2 years but sadly they could only offer for a year. So this time next year I'll have to jump through the loops again.
Yup, they're trying to do away with 2 yr promo's ... to increase robbers bottom line. Sucks Bhell has the better tech but prices also match. Not worth the premium. For what I get now Bhell wants $60 bux more. Fahgetaboutit.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Feb 27, 2007
318 posts
48 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 2:48 pm
I contacted Rogers via FB chat two weeks ago as my current cable & internet service discounts are disappearing by the end of May. I'm currently on VIP cable+Gigabit internet for $94.99/mo.

I asked if my current plan can be extended for another year. Got told they no longer give discounts for plans with VIP, as they are trying to move everyone to in-market cable packages. I told the agent to escalate my concerns to management, which he did.

Got a call about 3 business days later from an Office of the President adviser and was offered the following:

Premier TV package with 1 Nextbox HD terminal rental for $74.99
Ignite internet Gigabit unlimited $39.99
$25.00 bundled discount for 12 months

Total monthly rate before tax came to $89.98, which is $5 cheaper than what I'm paying now. So while I lose the VIP package, I get a HD terminal rental included which is great because my old one (which I own) died late last year. And pay $5 cheaper per month. I tried to get this deal for 2 years but sadly they could only offer for a year. So this time next year I'll have to jump through the loops again.
I'd be doing cartwheels for an offer like that!
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14389 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
I am in Mississauga, and I have Popular package, HBO + 2 HD PVR for $107.51
Rogers Ignite 500 - Unlimited $37.29

I am dropping HBO next month so that will save $23.00

Can I do much better than this ?
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Jan 16, 2018
20 posts
Just FYI for anyone in Beaches area. Called up directly and best offer I could get was:

Gigabit internet
Popular TV package
1 year free HBO/Crave
$150 gift card
No contract/install fees

$114.99/mo

I took it. Cheaper than Bell's best offer by a good amount.
Mar 24, 2012
102 posts
38 upvotes
Etobicoke
Currently paying $35 plus tax for gigabit internet. Just got a popup on my profile that my promo is expiring soon and the offer is for $50 plus tax for gigabit. Should I go for it or pay $65 for bell fibe gigabit?
Apr 23, 2019
1 posts
The 6ix
Hey guys,
Just got off the phone with a rogers rep who notified me that my current promotion is coming to an end (May 2019), was offered the Ignite Bundle + popular TV for $225 or a similar plan to my current VIP plan with 1gb for $175.
I found a ad on kijiji about the rogers plan. Not sure if anyone on here came across this plan? Is this plan legit?
The prices seems really good.

170+ TV CHANNELS ++ UNLIMITED HIGHSPEED INTERNET ++ PHONE $95. Free Installation, No Activation Fee, No Contract.

OR

BASIC TV PACKAGES ++ SUPER FAST UNLIMITED INTERNET ++ PHONE $78. Free Installation, No Activation Fee, No Contract.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3071 posts
564 upvotes
aznprince30 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 8:10 pm
Currently paying $35 plus tax for gigabit internet. Just got a popup on my profile that my promo is expiring soon and the offer is for $50 plus tax for gigabit. Should I go for it or pay $65 for bell fibe gigabit?
Do you need fibe gigabit? If not, just pay the $50. Or, if you want to see a better price at Rogers just call and cancel - see if they make a better offer.
Mar 24, 2012
102 posts
38 upvotes
Etobicoke
hvc wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:27 pm
Do you need fibe gigabit? If not, just pay the $50. Or, if you want to see a better price at Rogers just call and cancel - see if they make a better offer.
I don't need fibe gigabit but I kinda want to try it out.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

lfok23, Nguygie, yourmop