Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

May 19, 2013
382 posts
4472 upvotes
Vaughan
aznprince30 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:14 pm
I don't need fibe gigabit but I kinda want to try it out.
Unless you need the high upload speeds/slightly lower latency from gigabit fibre, I'd just take the cheaper option. I'd give Bell a call though and see if they can match/beat what Rogers is offering, it doesn't hurt to try. FTTH is definitely better than cable if you can get it for the same price.
Jul 4, 2009
94 posts
38 upvotes
Jk123123 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 9:48 am
Hey guys my friend just shifted to a new condo. She was a bell customer and was looking for internet for new condo. So I asked her to call the same Rogers guy who gave me internet for my home. You won’t believe what she got . She got 1GIG internet for just $50
Could you share the rep's #?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1026 posts
339 upvotes
Kanata, ON
the gigabit for 50 seems to be what rogers is offering now. Them and Bell just playing off one another.
Oct 12, 2016
2 posts
My current legacy promotion with Rogers for Popular TV and Ignite30 (250Gb cap) is expiring May 8th. I currently pay $136.71/mth (after tax). I've attempted to speak with Customer Care and the Ignite specific line and no-one is willing to inform me whether I will be able to maintain my promotions on my account or not. They are trying to get me into the Rogers Ignite Popular, 500u, & Home Phone for a price of $144.99 + tax (includes 1 extra box, and 2 theme packs). I really don't want to switch to Ignite, however I do want to get unlimited internet. I own my boxes at the moment, so going from owned boxes to rentals are a pain in the arse. Any suggestions on what I can do to get some of the internet promotions with my existing cable? I live in York Region. TIA
Feb 27, 2007
326 posts
50 upvotes
How hard do you guys have to push to get the prices to come down from their initial offers?

I got the winback email and called in, and after a very pleasant conversation, they did offer nice discounts, but nothing as dramatic as other people get, topping out at 300U for $60 + tax just for internet if I opted to drop cable entirely. Obviously, other people here are getting even better deals, but I'm not sure if there's another magic word to say to get the internet+TV number down even further? I'm assuming mentioning RFD is the opposite of a magic word! :)

Or is it all about where you are? Bell is not a competitive option here, so the alternative is smaller ISPs reselling Rogers service. So is it just Rogers has no incentive to price me even lower?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12648 posts
4364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cyphon wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 4:34 pm
Obviously, other people here are getting even better deals, but I'm not sure if there's another magic word to say to get the internet+TV number down even further? I'm assuming mentioning RFD is the opposite of a magic word! :)
The magic words are "I want to escalate my case up to the Office of the President".
Feb 27, 2007
326 posts
50 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 5:42 pm
The magic words are "I want to escalate my case up to the Office of the President".
That seems a bit severe when my reason for cancelling is "your service costs too much and I'd like to pay less". Does that really work? Do I need to make up a more aggrieved reason?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12648 posts
4364 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cyphon wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 6:13 pm
That seems a bit severe when my reason for cancelling is "your service costs too much and I'd like to pay less". Does that really work? Do I need to make up a more aggrieved reason?
You asked how hard one needs to push to get good deals... If you're not getting the deal you want, then escalate up the chain. If you feel it's too "severe" to escalate, then accept the deal you're given by winback. Your choice.

And this whole retention thread exists because people are finding their services costing too much and would like to pay less. It's a valid reason...
Feb 27, 2007
326 posts
50 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 6:22 pm
You asked how hard one needs to push to get good deals... If you're not getting the deal you want, then escalate up the chain. If you feel it's too "severe" to escalate, then accept the deal you're given by winback. Your choice.

And this whole retention thread exists because people are finding their services costing too much and would like to pay less. It's a valid reason...
Fair enough. Thanks for the tip! :)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1104 posts
674 upvotes
Could someone refer me to a rep or someone that would be able to get me a deal in Barrie??
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18942 posts
6958 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 5:42 pm
That is where I am taking my case. I negotiated a one year term for internet and TV, got an email confirmation of the package and pricing. This was supposed to start right after my current deal ends next month. I have no clue what the agent who processed my order did wrong. The new plan started right away and the deal that was registered in the account is different than what was confirmed in the email. I called in, spoke to 3 people, wasted 2 hours to hear them to say that there is such deal available for my account, the information in the confirmation email is not a bill and I should not expect the billing numbers to be identical. I have been a Rogers customer forever and I have dealt with some pretty interesting customer service reps. Never have I been told the confirmation information is bogus and they don't need to honor it. I am going to see what the president has to say about this. Then it is off to the CCTS if I don't get a satisfactory answer.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sep 13, 2012
855 posts
432 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
will888 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 10:53 pm
That is where I am taking my case. I negotiated a one year term for internet and TV, got an email confirmation of the package and pricing. This was supposed to start right after my current deal ends next month. I have no clue what the agent who processed my order did wrong. The new plan started right away and the deal that was registered in the account is different than what was confirmed in the email. I called in, spoke to 3 people, wasted 2 hours to hear them to say that there is such deal available for my account, the information in the confirmation email is not a bill and I should not expect the billing numbers to be identical. I have been a Rogers customer forever and I have dealt with some pretty interesting customer service reps. Never have I been told the confirmation information is bogus and they don't need to honor it. I am going to see what the president has to say about this. Then it is off to the CCTS if I don't get a satisfactory answer.
Never spend more than 10-15 minutes invested in the call having to state your case and explain your reasoning. In your particular case I hope you noted the date and time and names of advisors who attempted to outright lie regarding price negotiated - when office of the President advisor reaches out simply spend the few moments it will take to repeat for the record the exact pricing you agreed to. Be sure to explain you're aware the call is recorded "as I escalate the case further if need be" and "I invite you to listen to the recording from the conversation I had with the advisor where I agreed to specific pricing" followed by "I invite you to you listen to the call where the agents outright lied and stated I wouldn't be receiving the pricing I agreed upon due reasoning I won't speak to". Wrap it up with "How about I give you 2 business days to review the calls and then get back to me but having said that I was forced to explain myself for over 2 hours and achieved no satisfactory results and while I'm more than happy to contact CCTS immediately resulting in a $120 fine to the corporation, an amount that if anything should be a goodwill credit to me more than a nudge for an advisor to do the right thing, I look forward to hearing back from you with a satisfactory recommendation."
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18942 posts
6958 upvotes
Toronto
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 7:57 am
Never spend more than 10-15 minutes invested in the call having to state your case and explain your reasoning. In your particular case I hope you noted the date and time and names of advisors who attempted to outright lie regarding price negotiated - when office of the President advisor reaches out simply spend the few moments it will take to repeat for the record the exact pricing you agreed to. Be sure to explain you're aware the call is recorded "as I escalate the case further if need be" and "I invite you to listen to the recording from the conversation I had with the advisor where I agreed to specific pricing" followed by "I invite you to you listen to the call where the agents outright lied and stated I wouldn't be receiving the pricing I agreed upon due reasoning I won't speak to". Wrap it up with "How about I give you 2 business days to review the calls and then get back to me but having said that I was forced to explain myself for over 2 hours and achieved no satisfactory results and while I'm more than happy to contact CCTS immediately resulting in a $120 fine to the corporation, an amount that if anything should be a goodwill credit to me more than a nudge for an advisor to do the right thing, I look forward to hearing back from you with a satisfactory recommendation."
There is no Rogers interaction that takes 15 minutes. It starts with the fact that no interaction is complete without the call be redirected at least once. If the discussion goes nowhere, there is further redirection of the call up the food chain. We have not gotten to the point of going over recordings of past calls in the discussion. They did say that I was told that the cost would be such and such and I had agreed. My position is that I had to have agreed with the agent in some manner so as to trigger a confirmation email from Rogers confirming what was agreed to. Since we are not in the same room looking at the same screen, there can be misunderstandings and misrepresentations of what is being offered and accepted. Thus the confirmation paperwork. That is in black and white and unequivocal. It is contingent on the customer to read again and fully understand the new offer that was accepted and raise concerns if there are errors. I am good with the confirmation information.

This $120 fine you refer to, that is something assessed against Rogers just because I contact the CCTS? They get slapped even without an unfavorable judgment against them? I wonder what is the punishment for being wrong.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sep 13, 2012
855 posts
432 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
will888 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 8:46 am
There is no Rogers interaction that takes 15 minutes. It starts with the fact that no interaction is complete without the call be redirected at least once. If the discussion goes nowhere, there is further redirection of the call up the food chain. We have not gotten to the point of going over recordings of past calls in the discussion. They did say that I was told that the cost would be such and such and I had agreed. My position is that I had to have agreed with the agent in some manner so as to trigger a confirmation email from Rogers confirming what was agreed to. Since we are not in the same room looking at the same screen, there can be misunderstandings and misrepresentations of what is being offered and accepted. Thus the confirmation paperwork. That is in black and white and unequivocal. It is contingent on the customer to read again and fully understand the new offer that was accepted and raise concerns if there are errors. I am good with the confirmation information.

This $120 fine you refer to, that is something assessed against Rogers just because I contact the CCTS? They get slapped even without an unfavorable judgment against them? I wonder what is the punishment for being wrong.
Therein lies your mistake: if front line customer service is unable to react/respond accordingly and the supervisor transferred to is unable/unwilling to assist I simply ask for the advisor's name and interaction number and end the call - not going to argue down to the second but as mentioned 10 to 15 minutes is typically what I would invest in the process from personal experience. My next call is to management office at (844) 410-5766 where again 10 to 15 minutes is all it should take to state my case and if we can't resolve the issue request to escalate to office of the President. If your position is to give them the benefit of the doubt all the power to you - in my experience there's a difference between agreeing to a fair price and taking advantage: if the advisor and I agree to a price I'm aware the call is recorded and more to the point it's the advisor offering me the price breakdown not the other way around...a far cry from the advisor stating I'd be billed $10 for a service I'm aware (or should reasonably be aware) costs $100 which can be attributed to human error. I'm not suggesting you're trying to take advantage by any means but don't give them the benefit of the doubt or concede an inch: the call was recorded and your position should be "I'm aware the call was recorded and this is the pricing agreed to which I expect honored." I've received those confirmation emails and depending on codes and billing dates/cycle dates entered they legitimately can be deceiving so I don't even refer to them. The conversation summarizes all the facts - what more is required? Enough said. Again, you are free to do as you please but take it from someone who's had more than his fair share of interactions: avoid all reasoning, avoid all emotion, simply state the fact in a few sentences and wait for them to react...it has never failed me yet. Every interaction with CCTS leads to a $120 fine for the telecom which then kicks the escalation back to the corporation at the upper management advisor level (office of the President or beyond).
Jun 11, 2005
232 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
Just finished a call with retentions and I got the following offer on Digital TV for 1 year:

Premier TV + Cantonese Superpack - $48.79 (I own all my boxes)
Gigabit Internet - $49.99
Home Phone + 6 features US/CAN - $19.99

All for $118.77 + tax = $134.22

The best for 4 boxes and with Fairchild 1&2 on Ignite Premier with Gigabit was 174.99 + tax for others who are considering Ignite TV.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

Mik3y59, redsfan, rfdwhitby