Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Nov 24, 2003
399 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 8:30 pm
I got the Premier Package with HD PVR and 500 Mbit Unlimited for 1 Year $100 before taxes
New account?
Nov 24, 2003
399 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking to switch from TekSavvy + Shawdirect to Rogers in Ottawa. I hate to do it, but where I live Rogers is the only option to get over 10M internet. For new customers I'm wondering if anyone has had luck going into a Rogers store rather than calling, or if calling gets you the best options.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4272 posts
624 upvotes
Has anyone who's deal ends April 30 been able to get a good deal in the last few days?

Last I spoke to Rogers after putting a cancel order and not getting a deal anywhere near what I currently pay, they explained to me that the deals they offer are automatically generated and unless you check them out 1-7 days before your deal ends, they can't offer anything anywhere as good.
Mar 25, 2017
3 posts
Just got a new customer deal, switched over from Bell after their promo ended.

1gb Internet
Rogers ignite popular package
1 wireless receiver box.
HBO/Crave.
$150 prepaid mastercard

$115 + tax for 12 months guaranteed.
No contract.
Aug 24, 2014
26 posts
1 upvote
NB
My promos end June 2. Currently have 70u, VIP Cable with PVR and a second receiver and home phone for $134.99 (I'm in NB so the deals are bad). We hardly use the cable but stream a lot and the home phone is a must as we have a lot of US family. Rogers called and offered 75u/Premier and home phone plus the wall to wall wifi thing for $167. Then offered the same without the wall to wall wifi for $147. I declined both offers and the next day messaged Rogers on FB. Their current offer:

150u Internet
Select Cable with PVR
Home Phone
$130 taxes in if we turn in the second cable box

I think it's about as good as we are going to get. I'm tempted to call Bell and see what they will offer but I'm not sure of their speeds in our area now. They used to be terrible. Our only other option is Xplorenet and that is a hard pass.
Dec 25, 2008
152 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Offered
1gb internet
starter with HBO/Crave + any additional 5 channels
Home phone with unlimited canada wide calling and 7 features
94 /mth for 1 year
2 Pvrs

Going for it as Bell is basically charging us $180 for the same thing (just got off contract)

I'm a little concerned about porting since they've had the number for 30 years. Talk or don't talk to Bell before Rogers does it?

Thanks
Jan 13, 2017
527 posts
169 upvotes
Has anybody got a good deal from Rogers in the pickering n ajax area? My Rogers package is about to expire in 1 month. I currently have 500u ignite n premier cable. But they saying the best they can do is charging me $150 for a lesser cable package n no nextbox pvr. I have my own box though. Currently paying $125 all in....after $6 increase.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7188 posts
1761 upvotes
dcpyke wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 6:10 pm
Offered
1gb internet
94 /mth for 1 year
2 Pvrs

Going for it as Bell is basically charging us $180 for the same thing (just got off contract)

I'm a little concerned about porting since they've had the number for 30 years. Talk or don't talk to Bell before Rogers does it?

Thanks
How did you get this deal? My promo with Bell is ending next month.
Sep 13, 2012
863 posts
441 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
dcpyke wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 6:10 pm
Offered
1gb internet
94 /mth for 1 year
2 Pvrs

Thanks
Don’t inform Bell - if their Manilla advisor is inept (strong possibility) he/she may set the home phone for cancellation in which case you will lose your number. Maintain silence and Rogers will successfully port the number over without any issues.
Sep 13, 2012
863 posts
441 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 5:19 pm
How do you know how much they pay for complaints?
Public knowledge.
Dec 25, 2008
152 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 7:42 am
How did you get this deal? My promo with Bell is ending next month.
This was a door to door offer.
Dec 25, 2008
152 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 7:50 am
Don’t inform Bell - if their Manilla advisor is inept (strong possibility) he/she may set the home phone for cancellation in which case you will lose your number. Maintain silence and Rogers will successfully port the number over without any issues.
Thanks, so still better to say nothing, will do

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

rfdwhitby, tashkent