Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1012 posts
129 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Signed up for a year with a supposed guaranteed price in August. Check my bill for this month, it went up $7. Of course.
Sep 13, 2012
631 posts
284 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
dan668 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 3:53 pm
Signed up for a year with a supposed guaranteed price in August. Check my bill for this month, it went up $7. Of course.
If you agreed to guaranteed pricing you're entitled to it - if the advisor misled you (gasp) then it's simply a matter of following up with front line customer service or beyond if necessary. With 4-5 months left on the clock a goodwill credit for the difference plus tax is the neatest approach. If they give you a hard time simply escalate; however, for each level you escalate I would be emphasizing double the goodwill credit.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2475 posts
2153 upvotes
GTA
pankrah1 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:35 pm
My existing promo of for 500u ended and it went from approx $30 staight to $130.
Got a call from Rogers and the cheapest was offered $75 for 75u + Tv (which I don't need).
Took it for now, but need to look for something better. This promo sucks.
Rogers big and costly roll out of Ignite TV has been a failure so far----In Q1 2019 (Jan 1st-March 31) they lost 28,000 cable customers vs a loss of 55,000 in all of 2018. So expect the best promo pricing to be on bundles that include TV......keep/add cable customers, slow the bleed.........this is where the new offer of 75u + TV for $75 comes from.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18359 posts
6428 upvotes
Toronto
dan668 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 3:53 pm
Rogers has copied the way Bhell does the discounting. They guarantee the discount which allows them to slide in these annual price increases.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18359 posts
6428 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote:
May 1st, 2019 3:40 am
Rogers big and costly roll out of Ignite TV has been a failure so far----In Q1 2019 (Jan 1st-March 31) they lost 28,000 cable customers vs a loss of 55,000 in all of 2018. So expect the best promo pricing to be on bundles that include TV......keep/add cable customers, slow the bleed.........this is where the new offer of 75u + TV for $75 comes from.
I haven't priced ignite TV over regular cable TV, not sure which is more costly to get. I am still on the cable service with the legacy NB2. TBH, they really wasted their time converting people to these wireless boxes which probably result in a poor user experience due to variability in wireless performance. There is really no point doing a big conversion like this when the TV subscriber base is shrinking. Forcing people to switch hardware will simply accelerate the cord cutting.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18359 posts
6428 upvotes
Toronto
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 9:01 am
Therein lies your mistake: if front line customer service is unable to react/respond accordingly and the supervisor transferred to is unable/unwilling to assist I simply ask for the advisor's name and interaction number and end the call - not going to argue down to the second but as mentioned 10 to 15 minutes is typically what I would invest in the process from personal experience. My next call is to management office at (844) 410-5766 where again 10 to 15 minutes is all it should take to state my case and if we can't resolve the issue request to escalate to office of the President. If your position is to give them the benefit of the doubt all the power to you - in my experience there's a difference between agreeing to a fair price and taking advantage: if the advisor and I agree to a price I'm aware the call is recorded and more to the point it's the advisor offering me the price breakdown not the other way around...a far cry from the advisor stating I'd be billed $10 for a service I'm aware (or should reasonably be aware) costs $100 which can be attributed to human error. I'm not suggesting you're trying to take advantage by any means but don't give them the benefit of the doubt or concede an inch: the call was recorded and your position should be "I'm aware the call was recorded and this is the pricing agreed to which I expect honored." I've received those confirmation emails and depending on codes and billing dates/cycle dates entered they legitimately can be deceiving so I don't even refer to them. The conversation summarizes all the facts - what more is required? Enough said. Again, you are free to do as you please but take it from someone who's had more than his fair share of interactions: avoid all reasoning, avoid all emotion, simply state the fact in a few sentences and wait for them to react...it has never failed me yet. Every interaction with CCTS leads to a $120 fine for the telecom which then kicks the escalation back to the corporation at the upper management advisor level (office of the President or beyond).
I have been a Rogers customer forever and so I do know a bit about how best to deal with their customer service. The one thing I don't have is direct numbers to certain offices up the food chain. My interactions with generally begin with calling the normal 1-800 number and asking for the call to be transferred. I have completed my discussion with the office of the president yesterday. I made it clear that the confirmation information is not made up by anyone, their system produced it and presumably there is a plan with the stated discounts and I should be able to have it applied to my account. The person acknowledged culpability with sending out confirmation paper work that differs from verbal discussions. To that end, I was given a bill credit that was pretty close to the pricing in the confirmation paperwork. I am done with them for another 12 months. I have no delusions that this BS won't repeat itself same time next year. I have recorded the management office number so that future escalations will be a lot simpler.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2475 posts
2153 upvotes
GTA
pankrah1 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:35 pm
My existing promo of for 500u ended and it went from approx $30 staight to $130.
Got a call from Rogers and the cheapest was offered $75 for 75u + Tv (which I don't need).
Took it for now, but need to look for something better. This promo sucks.
Which TV package is included for $75? Include a box rental? Is it $75 before tax?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18359 posts
6428 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote:
May 1st, 2019 2:07 pm
Which TV package is included for $75? Include a box rental? Is it $75 before tax?
Likely the lowest tier TV package.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sep 13, 2012
631 posts
284 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Kfox wrote:
That figure is astounding.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15439 posts
1327 upvotes
Scarborough
Kfox wrote:
But Bell put a flyer in my mailbox offering 500u and TV for $55....
Dec 25, 2007
865 posts
179 upvotes
i think there is a way to at least offer something different for Rogers/Bell.

Offer uncompressed IPTV 4K source material. i.e 50-100gb per movie

this currently does not exist and would give incentive for people to get the ignite packages. i would get the TV just for that.
Jan 14, 2017
52 posts
15 upvotes
So the 500G 24.99 ended last month..

got offered 150u/34.99 for 12 month and grabbed it.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2475 posts
2153 upvotes
GTA
actng wrote:
May 1st, 2019 3:06 pm
But Bell put a flyer in my mailbox offering 500u and TV for $55....
Bell offer is for new customer, no? Rogers 75u +TV for $75 is a retention offer
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2475 posts
2153 upvotes
GTA
will888 wrote:
May 1st, 2019 9:34 am
I haven't priced ignite TV over regular cable TV, not sure which is more costly to get. I am still on the cable service with the legacy NB2. TBH, they really wasted their time converting people to these wireless boxes which probably result in a poor user experience due to variability in wireless performance. There is really no point doing a big conversion like this when the TV subscriber base is shrinking. Forcing people to switch hardware will simply accelerate the cord cutting.
I totally agree with you, Ignite TV was a bad investment.. I think they should have held onto Shomi and built on it. The under 40 demographic Ignite is likely aimed at are all cash poor, paying for overpriced housing, wireless, etc, they'd sooner spend whatever entertainment dollars they have on other stuff, certainly not fancy cable TV!
Last edited by Kfox on May 1st, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2014
2 posts
Toronto
Just finished chatting on FB Messenger with a rep regarding my expiring promotions.

Ended up getting Ignite Gigabit (unlimited) Internet, Popular TV with 4K box rental, Basic home phone for $102 + tax / mo. I was previously at $99 + tax / mo for the same services.
No contract and discounts are good for 12 months.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)