Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Apr 14, 2016
3 posts
2 upvotes
New customer. Looking for internate and home phone. Postal code l1s. Please pm me. Thanks
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
laurenz55 wrote: Looking to start a new account for 500u or gigabit; postal code M2N. Best offer I got over the phone was 500u for $96 with taxes, pm if anything better is available.
ReneeC493142 wrote: New customer. Looking for internate and home phone. Postal code l1s. Please pm me. Thanks
Welcome to the ROGERS Retention thread! This not the Bell thread!
See the following link for how things work here. This is the way!
rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... #p34398217

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Apr 26, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Hi

Can a Rogers rep call me ASAP for a tv, internet, home phone package.
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
NBFALCON30 wrote: Hi

Can a Rogers rep call me ASAP for a tv, internet, home phone package.
Welcome to the ROGERS Retention thread! This not the Bell thread!
See the following link for how things work here. This is the way!
rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... #p34398217

2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
Has anyone put in cancellation in the last week, and gotten a call back from winback?
I put a future dated (June 1st) cancellation on Friday, and I haven't heard back from them yet.
Jul 23, 2011
773 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto
My offers were all coming due on June 17. I called in on Tuesday to set a cancelation for June 18.
Just got off the phone with the ambassador line. They are sending out a tech tomorrow. I got 2 x 4k ignite pvrs, premier package, 1 GB unlimited internet with 3 extenders, home phone with a bunch of features I'll never use but unlimited calling to the states which my wife will use when her parents are in Florida. Taxes in for $174 which is $3 less than what I was paying before with my old boxes.
As long as the internet is not any worse with the new modem ( I have the white tower now), I should be ahead ...no?
The new boxes can't be any worse than the nextbox 3.0 or the old non pvr 4k box I own right?
Did I make a mistake? It all happened so fast..lol
Jan 3, 2013
25 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on this situation I'm in.
My modem (White Hitron CODA) is having intermittent disconnections for 30 seconds multiple times in an hour. After speaking with a technician, they told me that these modems are being replaced with a new system, and in order to have my internet work properly, I would need to switch. However, switching would require me to take on the new equipment cost, bringing my Gigabit Ignite package up to $107+tax, $30 over what I'm currently paying.

Does this information seem plausible to anyone? As in, are the new system costs being put on the customer?

This is making me seriously look into a new provider as this is a completely stupid way for me to get my issue resolved and have my internet work as expected.

Thanks
Mar 7, 2011
102 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
mrtin905 wrote: Has anyone put in cancellation in the last week, and gotten a call back from winback?
I put a future dated (June 1st) cancellation on Friday, and I haven't heard back from them yet.
Cancelled Monday for June 1. Nothing yet.
Oct 1, 2017
29 posts
4 upvotes
well i put in a cancel for june 2 today... going to wait for a call back. last time they called like one or two days before my cancel date.

i've been with these guys for years honestly i'm sick of doing this year after year.
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
hrizvi93 wrote: I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on this situation I'm in.
My modem (White Hitron CODA) is having intermittent disconnections for 30 seconds multiple times in an hour. After speaking with a technician, they told me that these modems are being replaced with a new system, and in order to have my internet work properly, I would need to switch. However, switching would require me to take on the new equipment cost, bringing my Gigabit Ignite package up to $107+tax, $30 over what I'm currently paying.

Does this information seem plausible to anyone? As in, are the new system costs being put on the customer?

This is making me seriously look into a new provider as this is a completely stupid way for me to get my issue resolved and have my internet work as expected.

Thanks
Typical Rogers bullshit!
Service is so dependent on the quality of CSR who picks up your call.
I'm using the CODA 4582 (white modem) and I get the advertised speeds. There were a couple of periods where there were issues with my connection.
First response on the one was to swap out my modem which I know was fine. No changes on my end. Second time they wanted to send out a tech to check my cabling.
I know everything was good at my end. They never seem to know if there are neighborhood issues. Sure enough everything was back to normal in a couple of days.

Have you had problems in the past? Is this something new?
The CODA modems generally work. If this is a new issue, they should have a tech check your cabling.
If an ongoing one, check cabling and swap out the CODA for another one.
You should NOT be forced to upgrade at full price.
I just resigned for one more year with the CODA.

Also read some of this thread. First page and the last five or so. This will give you a better understanding of what deals existing customers are getting.

You could use the cancellation method (first page) and get the new XB7 modem at a good price. The new Ignite Gigabit internet has been had at $49.99 to $54.99 plus tax.
Here's my deal including TV:
rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... #p34398453

Jan 9, 2012
485 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Moving at the end of May, looking for a Rogers internet deal. Please PM me - Postal Code M8X
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
User086360 wrote: Call them
Called 3 times over the past week, left VM with Name, #, and account #, and no response.
Dec 22, 2012
555 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
My promotion expires in October, so not exactly soon.

However the deal I got was less than optimal as there weren't any decent winback promotions during that period. Would calling and scheduling a cancellation now get me another winback offer in line with what's being offered now?
Sep 11, 2017
3 posts
Moving in a few weeks and am a new customer looking for 500mbit+ fibre connection in L4B. Please PM me, thank you!!
Jul 16, 2019
182 posts
126 upvotes
I cancelled my service and I got a win-back call today for $35 before tax activation fee waived for 500 Mbps with rogers.
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
JordanK86755 wrote: I cancelled my service and I got a win-back call today for $35 before tax activation fee waived for 500 Mbps with rogers.
Great price! Currently the lowest I've seen for Ignite 500.
Did you have to do much negotiating to get this price?

And, thanks for reporting back.

Jul 16, 2019
182 posts
126 upvotes
Initially she offered me $50 including tax for 500mbps. I was hesitant and asked if they could call back another day. She asked if there was anything that was holding me back and I said the price so she dropped it by more.

I’d say this was the least negotiating I’ve done to get a good deal
Jan 6, 2008
397 posts
209 upvotes
ontario
Got a call from Rogers....I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time since I cancelled with Rogers internet in November and went to Fido with their $~$42 tax in a month 150 down, 15 up.

Asked who I was with and declined to answer thanks to a thread somewhere, I have learned that if you say Fido, they say "Great!...you're with a Rogers subsidiary, thanks for your business" and don't offer a thing. Don't know how true this is, but figured why take the chance?

For 500 down, 30 up unlimited, install fee waived, she started with $50 tax in, then $45, and I declined because still more than I pay, don't need 500 down and perhaps if it was in a few months, I would consider but too busy and cannot afford downtime. I was serious, not expecting her to go lower, but she did. Final offer: $33.88 per month, tax in, for 12 months.

She wanted to start order with asking for ID, and I slammed on the brakes, respectfully explaining that she called out of the blue and had no way of knowing legitimacy of call, and therefore, not giving personal info. She said, call Rogers customer service, give them the Interaction ID (which she provided) and they can verify. I called, they verified and also confirmed they cannot process because only the call out team, whatever it is called, has access to the offers. And we agreed before she hung up that she would call Monday at 1:30, so will await the call and do the switch.

When she calls, going to be ready to record the entire conversation, and ensure she spells out the entire offer in detail in case there are any subsequent discrepancies.

Cancelling with Fido is easy, and they provide return label for modem. Last time a switched I had almost zero downtime. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

saru88, G0AT, turbodiesel, greygables