Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

May 24, 2019
3 posts
Anyone with the 10GB/$65 Able to get a deal with a new phone? Currently have an iphone 6 and in need of a change
Mar 15, 2010
602 posts
138 upvotes
Elle888 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 5:59 pm
Has anyone here switched to Ignite? if you have how have you found it? I have heard good and bad things about it. Is Rogers really going to push customers to switch? I think that's what I saw in the thread some where.
Been on it for 6 months!!!
What a mistake
freezing every night and 4 k channel not even possible to watch..
Stay away from Ignite unless you get top package for $99 or less
Jul 18, 2007
307 posts
107 upvotes
Markham
325i wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:51 am
Looking for my way out of Rogers...

They quoted us 150 ignite internet service and the popular TV package plus:

ATNHD
SET Asia
Aapka Colors
ZEE TV Canada
Popular Specialty Package
BNN

Funny thing thing is that we don't need half of that... but apparently we have to get that package.

Total price with tax, $170 a month.

Was $140 a month last month.

I'm done with Rogers and begging for discounts.
Ya it not better at bell. After 2yrs with them enjoying $99 for bell 1gb Fibe and tv and phone. Last month my bill went upto $297/month and they not budging. So screw bell and I am going back to Rogers
Apr 14, 2016
232 posts
30 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:59 pm
What a mistake
Do you have fiber to home?
I am with bell Fibe and have no issues with the tv my neighbour has Ignite and all is running nicely . We both have fiber to home.
I was gonna switch because of the price.
Apr 10, 2017
7 posts
seadooxp30 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:59 pm
What a mistake
Thanks! Saved me a lot of trouble. Got a quote for ignite $149 popular, 150 internet and Phone, free install but decide not to. Still too expensive. Keep working on a good deal for current package.
Mar 5, 2010
648 posts
363 upvotes
Ottawa
vagabond83 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 2:43 pm
You can call into their billing department to complain. They're now saying that the promotional discounts are guaranteed but not the base price -- which allows them to price in increases. There's a decent chance that they'll give you a credit, potentially $7 for each month you have left on that promotion.
Yeah that's what happened. With a 2nd call instead I got them to just lower my service cause it would actually reduce the price and i was able to keep my other discounts to get me to a lower price than what i was paying initially by $2. Will have to keep this thread in mind though for when better promotions come around. Thanks for the help from the 2 of you that gave advice about it Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 15, 2010
602 posts
138 upvotes
yyzaf1 wrote:
May 27th, 2019 10:49 am
Do you have fiber to home?
I am with bell Fibe and have no issues with the tv my neighbour has Ignite and all is running nicely . We both have fiber to home.
I was gonna switch because of the price.
unfortunately NO!!!
All I can get from Bell is 100 :-(
I'll drop Rogers as soon as fibe to home is available to me...
May 15, 2019
94 posts
21 upvotes
Elle888 wrote:
May 27th, 2019 2:03 pm
Thanks! Saved me a lot of trouble. Got a quote for ignite $149 popular, 150 internet and Phone, free install but decide not to. Still too expensive. Keep working on a good deal for current package.
Hey r u an existing customer of Rogers or new one. Because I shifted from bell and got bundle deal with 1 GB internet, home phone, Ignite Tv, SHM for just 99.99 from a field sales rep of Rogers.
Aug 27, 2006
291 posts
511 upvotes
I'm very close to moving from Bell to a Rogers bundle pack. (Ignite GB, Starter tv, Home Phone, + 1 extra box for $94.99.)

With Bell, my landline has 4 active jacks in various rooms in the house.

From what I understand, Rogers home phone only has a connection to attach a single phone -- is that correct? My cordless phone has 2 extra hand sets -- but, I'd like to have a few more active phones. (5-6 total...it's easier for the seniors to get to depending on if they're up/downstairs!). And, at least one non-cordless phone is important. Is there any way to enable to Bell jacks to work with Rogers Home Phone?

Also, can you fax with Rogers phone?

Thanks!
Apr 10, 2017
7 posts
Gwal123 wrote:
May 28th, 2019 11:25 am
Hey r u an existing customer of Rogers or new one. Because I shifted from bell and got bundle deal with 1 GB internet, home phone, Ignite Tv, SHM for just 99.99 from a field sales rep of Rogers.
I'm an exisiting customer. Trying to get a good deal. my current discount is ending in June.
Sep 29, 2014
542 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
I ended up calling the winback/ambassador number (18666009112) and couldn't get any better deals.

If you get the popup/HTML injection from Rogers , the number is different from winback but you end up connecting to the same people.

I kept the same services for slightly more money once I subtract the credit, not thrilled with this price creep.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1484 posts
864 upvotes
Is there a similar thread to this one but for Rogers internet only? Many of us have cut the cord and are looking for only internet. I searched but only need a Rogers Wireless one.

Thanks!
Sep 11, 2010
61 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
I called into Rogers today looking for a new contract for Internet + TV.
The 2 deals they offered were:
1. Premier TV, internet ignite 300 for $158.75 after taxes
2. Premier TV, internet ignite 150 for $153.10 after taxes

I’m currently paying $142.37 (after taxes) for premier TV, internet ignite 150
What a crock. Higher prices for same service.
I think I'll be switching providers.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3036 posts
543 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 6:05 pm
What do you mean $40 Gigabit offer on account? Do you mean you were paying $40/1gigabit the last year? Or that it was offered to you previously (why didn't you take it?)
Because I don't need it? I was paying $25 for 500u. The offer was through MyRogers when you logged in since my promo was ending - the offer may have been $45, I can't recall now, but most folks had them with varying prices.

After cancelling, I ended up getting 500u for around $28 again.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1049 posts
163 upvotes
Messaged them on Facebook in regards to my internet. Had 500u and noticed price was 80 with tax ? I could swear I had it for 29.99 or 34.99. Regardless, girl told me the absolute best deal at the moment is a one year deal for the Gigabit internet for 64 tax in. I took it. Most likely not the best but I didnt have the energy to type anymore lol back to the grind in 10 or so months !

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

OliverWide, sp900514