Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

May 20, 2002
197 posts
26 upvotes
Looking for 150u and basic cable. N1T area code. Can someone pm me if possible. Thank on advance
Feb 14, 2010
98 posts
23 upvotes
Old Roger's customer, looking to return. Been with Bell about 1 yr.

Wanted: ** TV & phone only ** Location: Downtown Toronto (M5A).

What's the price range for these 2 services? Let me know!
Last edited by bilodeau1 on Jun 19th, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 27, 2003
9547 posts
2278 upvotes
Newmarket
I will warn the community again. Sending PM's with "secret handshake / solicitation / sales people" information is not permitted. It is not good for the community and treated as solicitation which is against forum rules.
RFD Forums Moderator
Oct 11, 2018
12 posts
6 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote: I will warn the community again. Sending PM's with "secret handshake / solicitation / sales people" information is not permitted. It is not good for the community and treated as solicitation which is against forum rules.
Why is that? Clearly the reps have the best bundle prices. So why can’t that be shared with RFD members?

Just curious, not trying to start trouble!
Sep 27, 2003
9547 posts
2278 upvotes
Newmarket
SilentAssassin90 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 10:42 pm
Why is that? Clearly the reps have the best bundle prices. So why can’t that be shared with RFD members?

Just curious, not trying to start trouble!
Lots of reasons; mostly having to do with SEO and serving the community as a whole. Regardless, contacting in private for a referral of any sort is against the rules.
RFD Forums Moderator
Aug 29, 2013
4 posts
Toronto
Would like the info for promos:
New customer in toronro.

Thank you!
Aug 6, 2003
78 posts
Looking to Leave Bell for Rogers - Looking for Internet, Home phone, TV bundle. Located in Markham
Jun 11, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
For anyone frustrated with trying to renegotiate a deal - try @CommunityHelps at the rogers community forums.
I spent days on the phone trying to get someone to offer a decent price, but one day messaging back and forth with the staff at the forums got me a better package.
(150u, popular digital cable, $99/mnth, about $45 less than I was quoted on the phone)
New user - looking for deals!
Nov 30, 2017
67 posts
20 upvotes
bilodeau1 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 9:13 pm
Old Roger's customer, looking to return. Been with Bell about 1 yr.

Wanted: ** TV & phone only ** Location: Downtown Toronto (M5A).

What's the price range for these 2 services? Let me know!
lzljzys wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 12:08 am
Would like the info for promos:
New customer in toronro.

Thank you!
For Toronto Downtwon people, this is the deal I got 2 weeks ago. Turned out to be a great deal.
Got a call from Rogers now, been a customer but now with Bell. Got offered Internet 500 for $39.99.
Told her about the TV package I have from Bell, so then she offered Internet 500, Starter TV package, HD Netbox, and crave + movies + HBO for $59.94 + tax, first 3 months free and no installation/cancellation fee etc., price valid for 12 months. Didn't have time to check but deiced to go for it as it sounded like a decent deal - is it?

Live downtown core.
Jan 2, 2014
510 posts
162 upvotes
Anyone have a lead on Internet only under $35 range? Unlimited of course, tried a field agent someone recommended and got no response 3 times.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2356 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
DonSmi wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 2:38 pm
My latest quote is
Ignite tv with 1 boxes
Popular TV
150u internet
Home Phone

$139 plus tax

You're doing something right!
Hmmm....

Sounds like a pretty standard offering.

I just got off the phone with Rogers (new customer, first time calling) and got:

Ignite TV with 3 boxes total
Premiere TV
150mbits unlimited Internet
home phone (which we're not going to use, anyway)

$174.99/month - $40 the first year ($134.99 -- plus tax, of course)
$50 installation
they threw in a $100 prepaid gift card
no contract

Can I do better?
I'm not too crazy about only getting $40/month discount the first year.
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Feb 3, 2014
27 posts
4 upvotes
I have a question .. it might seem ridiculous but I can't figure this out. Our neighbours are on Rogers basic cable (two digital tv's and 1 analogue with a converter set top box). The basic cable does not include TSN but for some strange reason, they have found that their analogue tv with the converter has TSN! Why is that???
Just curious ...
Thanks for your answers in advance!
May 2, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
competitor wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 2:35 am
Looking to Leave Bell for Rogers - Looking for Internet, Home phone, TV bundle. Located in Markham
I just cancelled my last rogers service a month ago. Was on 75 internet. Wifi sucked in my house and between 8pm and 10 my steaming prime or netflix was so bad every night same time. Had enough cancelled went with bell fttn 50. Thats all i could get. Let me tell ya. No wifi issues and streaming lightning fast without any bs. Bye robbers for good
Feb 8, 2003
186 posts
3 upvotes
Whitchurch-Stouffvil…
Looking for internet only deal. Anyone have information? Toronto downtown house.
May 18, 2019
118 posts
23 upvotes
Pete Jones wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 3:39 pm
Hmmm....

Sounds like a pretty standard offering.

I just got off the phone with Rogers (new customer, first time calling) and got:

Ignite TV with 3 boxes total
Premiere TV
150mbits unlimited Internet
home phone (which we're not going to use, anyway)

$174.99/month - $40 the first year ($134.99 -- plus tax, of course)
$50 installation
they threw in a $100 prepaid gift card
no contract

Can I do better?
I'm not too crazy about only getting $40/month discount the first year.
You certainly can depending on your area.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

eljuju, MSP123, zjmzzz