Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 9, 2011
125 posts
68 upvotes
Pickering/Toronto
New customer, postal code L1V 2T2. If there is any rep that can offer me a deal here please PM me
Looking for Cable and Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
Our deal expired end of October.

We’re paying $260 taxes included for tv (with a few foreign channels) internet (Ignite internet 150 unlimited), home phone, 2 basic talk and text cell phones.

Called mid October in talked to retention offered us $254 so we said sure.

Bill just arrived and it’s $310. Called in and was told the price I was quoted didn’t include cell phones because it’s a different department. What’s joke.

They wouldn’t budge escalated further and was offered $302 instead of $310.

And Roger Reps on here? Please PM me.

Bell has some good offers but it means having to change my email address which will not be fun.

Postal Code L4W
Jun 9, 2009
92 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
Looking for a new customer deal. Only need maybe 50 Mbps download speed max. It's for a rental. Postal code is K2H. Please PM me need it asap.
Feb 14, 2005
843 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto
Very oddly I called in today to do the same annual cancellation song and dance to get Winback offers, and was offered a free month of service to "reconsider". The cancellation date is set at a month from today.

I wonder if I'll get a Winback agent give me a call during this time.

This happened to anyone else recently?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
I don't even know what happened lol but our price for Ignite 500 is now $133.99?!?! WTF?!?!

What is the best price people are getting for the 500 and 1000 service??? I nearly fell off my rocker at $133.99 lol
Jul 31, 2009
146 posts
36 upvotes
ATLien69 wrote: I don't even know what happened lol but our price for Ignite 500 is now $133.99?!?! WTF?!?!

What is the best price people are getting for the 500 and 1000 service??? I nearly fell off my rocker at $133.99 lol
I was able to continue our pricing from last year for another year: Ignite 500, Flex 20 + Sports Ignite TV (Had popular TV but have to switch to new package), Home phone + Canada calling for 109.99+tax. Ottawa area
Nov 9, 2019
30 posts
65 upvotes
shrod123 wrote: Looking for a new customer deal. Only need maybe 50 Mbps download speed max. It's for a rental. Postal code is K2H. Please PM me need it asap.
johndoepk wrote: New customer, postal code L1V 2T2. If there is any rep that can offer me a deal here please PM me
Looking for Cable and Internet
Dynasty12345 wrote: I know this is retention, but any info on new customers?

TIA
Hey guys, check out the first page of the thread. Scroll down about one screen and you will see contact info that will get you in touch with a local field rep who can go over new customer promotions with you. We ask people follow this thread recommendation as it keeps the thread from being cluttered with request for PM messages that take away from the actual deal discussions. Thank you for your understanding and happy deal hunting.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
Thats crazy man...I just called in and best they have is:

$99.99 + taxes 500u
$119.99 + taxes 1000u

Crazy how some people get these kind of promos...the agent said to call back on Black Friday for a better deal!??! What is that even a thing? BF Rogers retention deals????

So to get these crazy deals I guess I actually have to cancel and then hope Winback calls back? Is that how it works?
browntrout wrote: I was able to continue our pricing from last year for another year: Ignite 500, Flex 20 + Sports Ignite TV (Had popular TV but have to switch to new package), Home phone + Canada calling for 109.99+tax. Ottawa area
Oct 12, 2003
334 posts
9 upvotes
Kitchener
Gigabit internet 2 year guarantee at $59.99 (with two price increases in those years) ended this week.

Called in around midnight last night to set up a cancellation for 4 weeks out. No offer was made by the rep.

Received a call at 10 am this morning. Was offered Gigabit, Flex 20 + Sports, and Disney+ for $79.99 (1 year price).

Declined that and was offered Gigabit at $59.99 (1 year price).

Was made aware of a $4 price increase happening late January by the rep.
Nov 4, 2021
4 posts
So interesting case here that has now happened twice.

Chatted with Rogers in Sept as my promo was coming to an end. Negotiated over messenger and managed to get the same package I had for $5 more, going from $149 to $154 (Premier TV and Ignite 500 internet). I get my bill this month and notice it is $170. I begin chatting with a live Rogers agent who proceeds to say that they dont know why the price has increased and then proceeds to offer me the package for $162. I ask to speak to a supervisor to get it resolved. They tell me that the Rogers agent told me the wrong price and it should have been $170 to start with and offers me 3 months at $154.

This exact same thing happened last time whereby they offered me $139 and the agent missed applying a promo for $10 off so I ended up being stuck at $149.

What would you suggest here? I'm really fed up with Rogers, my bills gone up $40+ over 2 years with me putting in cancellations and trying to negotiate with winback. I can't understand how they don't honor the original price quoted.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3072 posts
2098 upvotes
Midland
Mothman44 wrote: So interesting case here that has now happened twice.

Chatted with Rogers in Sept as my promo was coming to an end. Negotiated over messenger and managed to get the same package I had for $5 more, going from $149 to $154 (Premier TV and Ignite 500 internet). I get my bill this month and notice it is $170. I begin chatting with a live Rogers agent who proceeds to say that they dont know why the price has increased and then proceeds to offer me the package for $162. I ask to speak to a supervisor to get it resolved. They tell me that the Rogers agent told me the wrong price and it should have been $170 to start with and offers me 3 months at $154.

This exact same thing happened last time whereby they offered me $139 and the agent missed applying a promo for $10 off so I ended up being stuck at $149.

What would you suggest here? I'm really fed up with Rogers, my bills gone up $40+ over 2 years with me putting in cancellations and trying to negotiate with winback. I can't understand how they don't honor the original price quoted.
I wonder if this is a situation to call the president's office?
Jun 10, 2016
525 posts
407 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Mothman44 wrote: So interesting case here that has now happened twice.

that is crazy - I would definitely keep escalating it til they honor the offered price.

that being said, do you need the 500 internet? I just did the whole cancellation/winback thing and am paying 97 + tax for Premier tv and 300u and I find 300u is more than enough speed (was on 150 and 75 before that and never noticed a difference between them).
Aug 14, 2021
42 posts
42 upvotes
New customer (new address) looking for internet service. M2J
Feb 12, 2008
178 posts
207 upvotes
Blue Mountains
My Ignite500 offers ends in two weeks. Was paying $58+tax

Rogers chat offered me Ignite500 72.99+tax, which I declined.

Booked a service cancellation for the next billing cycle last night, and actually went through the motions of starting to find a Bell rep for a new customer.

Rogers ambassador phoned 11am this morning.
Offered:
Ignite500 with smartstream and Disney+ for 54.99+tax (1 year) or
Ignite500 for $49.99 +tax (1 year).

I accepted the latter.
Rep confirmed a $4 price increase in January.

I think technically, my service was actually cancelled, and then immediately reinstated, because I had to powercycle the modem.
Emailed confirmations for my new service pricing show that a $49.99 setup fee was billed, and then waived.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2005
1198 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
Just finished chatting. Offered $135+ tax for ignite gigabit, home phone and basic TV.
Put thru cancellation
Hopefully get call back.
After 20 odd yrs with them. Lol
Dec 11, 2010
728 posts
698 upvotes
When did you guys receive the confirmation email regarding the change after the discount is extended?
Should I be worried if I have not receive any email after the call?

Edit: I called again and the change actually have not been made and I have scheduled a cancellation date. welp.
Last edited by blurx on Nov 7th, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

SolarMom, defiantx