Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

May 22, 2016
812 posts
1043 upvotes
So I'm currently on the Ignite Gigabyte with Popular TV and 2 extra boxes for $89 + tax.

Just got off chat and off the phone, and they said that Popular TV is no longer offered and if I stay then it will go back to the regular pricing, they could only offer me this:

Gigabyte with Flex 20 + Sports and 2 extra boxes for $119 + tax.

I said no thanks and to place my cancellation for Dec 27th. When I did this, I was offered 1 mth free services if I change my cancellation date to Jan 27th instead. I thought this was strange, but clearly it was an attempt to get past the black friday promotions offered by others, so I declined.

Now, I wait, but am prepared to cancel as there are other alternatives.
Nov 27, 2010
149 posts
109 upvotes
followed through with the instructions.
the options I got within GTA.

Option 1:
500 MBPS
Disney Plus
ignite TV - starter pack + 1 add on channel (previously had)
77 + tax

Option 2
1 gigabyte
Disney Plus
87 + tax

Option 3

500 mbps
Ignite tv premium
disney plus
home phone
120 + tax

option 4
500 mbps
Ignite 20 flex sport
disney plus
home phone
95 + tax
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
jojocarter wrote: my promotion of $44.99 for Ignite Internet 500-Unlimited just ended last week. So I called in to cancel my service, anticipating the rep won't be able to give me anything within my expectation as same as the previous years. Surprisingly this year the rep offered $49.99, which is a $5 increase monthly. I thought maybe it's not worth going through the churn so I took the deal.
I just did the same thing.
Dec 14, 2011
24 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
I've cancelled my service and have until the 20th of Dec to find a good deal. Is it common to get a recording that asks to leave your info , so they could get back to you? I've tried about six times within their operating hours and it's the same recording for both winback numbers.
Nov 21, 2021
11 posts
28 upvotes
My discount was suppose to end on December 3rd. I put in a request about a week ago to cancel but never got a call from winback. I ended up calling the number posted on page 1 and told them I missed a call from the winback team and I’m returning the call. They verified my cancelation request.

Was paying $53+ tax currently with 500u cable internet.

I got offered $60 + tax for 500u with the new ignite modem, smart stream IPTV box W/ starter channel package and 1 year Disney+ ($120 value).

I took the deal because renewal for Disney plus was coming up on December 2nd, got an iptv box along with a newer modem.

Pretty happy overall Slightly Smiling Face
Nov 21, 2021
11 posts
28 upvotes
paul3939 wrote: I've cancelled my service and have until the 20th of Dec to find a good deal. Is it common to get a recording that asks to leave your info , so they could get back to you? I've tried about six times within their operating hours and it's the same recording for both winback numbers.
I called Rogers around 1:30pm on Saturday using this number 1-866-431-5632 and got through right away.
Jan 13, 2008
231 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone had success in having Rogers match Rally pricing and BF offers?
May 22, 2016
812 posts
1043 upvotes
paul3939 wrote: I've cancelled my service and have until the 20th of Dec to find a good deal. Is it common to get a recording that asks to leave your info , so they could get back to you? I've tried about six times within their operating hours and it's the same recording for both winback numbers.
Which winback #'s did you call?
Dec 14, 2011
24 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
Was there ever a time when you called these numbers and got a live agent? Or should I just leave my info ?
Dec 14, 2011
24 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
Does anyone know if these facebook market offers for Rogers are legit ? They're not the best deals but I might have to resort to going with one if I can't find a better deal.
Nov 21, 2021
1 posts
Looking for good internet connection, probably tv
With 500mbps or more

Postal code l3p
Any good deals , please let me know
Thanks guys !
Oct 15, 2014
729 posts
747 upvotes
ON
Followed the thread summary and got a new activation for the following:

Gigabit Ignite $124.99 with $50 discount (12 months). Still had to pay pay the $39 activation fee but there is the standard $100 one time bill credit which was applied immediately. Comes with some sort of streambox which I declined.

All in it's $84.75/month (tax inclusive ON) with a $55.93 credit for the first month (activation fee minus one time bill credit) plus 12 months of Disney+.
Nov 26, 2003
520 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
VertigoM wrote: I just did the same thing.
Can Rogers be any more annoying, making their 20+year customers dance around like this?!!!

I called and was told best they can do is 500u $57.99+tax and another account that I have (I have 3 with them) the best was $62.99 +tax for same 500u....
-------------------------------------------
HEAT
Oct 21, 2019
39 posts
8 upvotes
Cambridge
Buckbo1604 wrote: followed through with the instructions.
the options I got within GTA.

Option 1:
500 MBPS
Disney Plus
77 + tax

Option 2
1 gigabyte
Disney Plus
87 + tax

Option 3

500 mbps
Ignite tv premium
disney plus
home phone
120 + tax

option 4
500 mbps
Ignite 20 flex sport
disney plus
home phone
95 + tax
The 4th option is good one. They offered you that?
Nov 27, 2010
149 posts
109 upvotes
VipsM41669 wrote: The 4th option is good one. They offered you that?
Yea, forgot to include option 1 and 2 include home phone as well.

Went with option 1. goal was to get better deal or same pricing as last year.
Mar 15, 2010
830 posts
211 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
VertigoM wrote: I just did the same thing.
which department did you call? 1-888-rogers 1? did you go to sales or cancel service?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
seadooxp30 wrote: which department did you call? 1-888-rogers 1? did you go to sales or cancel service?
Yes, I selected "change service -> cancel service" via the prompts.
Oct 21, 2019
39 posts
8 upvotes
Cambridge
Buckbo1604 wrote: Yea, forgot to include option 1 and 2 include home phone as well.

Went with option 1. goal was to get better deal or same pricing as last year.
I was offered ignite tv flex+20 and sports, 500 speed internet and Canada wide calling for $109.99 + tax.
Can I call them to counter that offer and try to get close to your offer?
May 26, 2009
263 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
I was in the chat with rogers website yesterday my current plan was expiring on January 25 2022 and I have 500u internet and a smart stream tv basic for $96.03. as I was In the chat yesterday I told them that I would like to drop the tv coz im not using it and I just want too keep the internet at first they offer more than $100 dollars for the internet and I said I can't afford to pay that price after chatting and waiting for about 30 minutes the CSR was nice to offer me the 500u internet for $54.23 tax in good for 12 months which I agree to take .with no hesitation I guess sometimes the rogers chat is the way to go if you have the time in the computer. thanks and good luck in dealing with ROBBERS.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)