Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
Ambassador offer was 500u+ flex 20 +sports +2 PVRs for $116 with taxes I said no thanks as this was worse than the rep offered when I was canceling... date is still 2.5 weeks out will try again another day
Aug 2, 2006
62 posts
4 upvotes
Had ignite internet 500MB expire Dec 20th for postal code M4M in Toronto. Currently paying $37.28 taxes in, new offer is 49.99+tax, need to find a new deal.
Feb 8, 2017
72 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
sweety21 wrote: My ignite 500U and tv premier package ends on December 20th. I’m paying $159.88 taxes in. Got a call from the winback number and the best they can do is $139.97 including taxes. Basically $20 cheaper. I’m in Brampton. I’m not happy about this offer. They kept saying this is such a great deal. I am getting one month free if I stick to the cancellation and my last day of service will be January 11th. I think it’s the end of the road for me with Rogers.
I was offered $134.99 plus tax ($17.55) total $152.44 for the same. I think I would take the deal you were offered if I could get it.

That said, it's still pretty expensive, but the way business is gouging consumers in a pandemic is disgusting.
Thank You RFD😃
Feb 8, 2017
72 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
staffpro wrote: Ambassador offer was 500u+ flex 20 +sports +2 PVRs for $116 with taxes I said no thanks as this was worse than the rep offered when I was canceling... date is still 2.5 weeks out will try again another day
They offered me 500u and flex 20 +sports, one PVR for $109.99 plus tax ($14.30) $124.29.....but it increases $6.00 + tax in January.

They know what they're doing. Still in a pandemic, people are working from home and stressed out. Rogers/Bell are taking advantage of it.
Thank You RFD😃
Oct 8, 2005
921 posts
130 upvotes
Looking for gigabit 1G internet only new customer L1V area Detached home
Jan 24, 2016
33 posts
12 upvotes
North York, ON
Looking for Internet plus TV (with news and Raptors game) for my senior relatives, please PM me contact info. Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
greygables wrote: Good luck.... Let us know how you make out..
Well I finally did it today, I cancelled when all in cost was $116.xx for gigabit internet (not fibre) and now it's been dropped to all in $79.xx for gigabit with some sort of basic tv thing which i won't be installing. So all in all the number certainly worked for me, they didn't ask for any sort of ID or reference number either. So all in all worth the hassle I say.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Sep 10, 2008
458 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
Looking for the fastest internet available, unlimited along with the most basic tv package and homephone with Canadian LD and number porting.

Currently with Bell Fibe but willing to switch because the bill has gotten out-of-hand. Located in Ottawa.

If any reps can PM me, that would be great. Thanks
Dec 13, 2021
1 posts
Looking for internet deal only, preferably 500u internet as new customer, postal code L6E.
Please PM.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
stellar11 wrote: Looking for the fastest internet available, unlimited along with the most basic tv package and homephone with Canadian LD and number porting.

Currently with Bell Fibe but willing to switch because the bill has gotten out-of-hand. Located in Ottawa.

If any reps can PM me, that would be great. Thanks
Read the posts on the first page please. Mods are trying to cut down on people looking for deals. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3130 posts
655 upvotes
Mississauga
gh0st777 wrote: Looking for Internet plus TV (with news and Raptors game) for my senior relatives, please PM me contact info. Thanks
Please read the first page. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1197 posts
633 upvotes
ontario
looks like Rogers is leaving our household after 15 plus years. All they had to do was come down $10 a month, and they couldn't/wouldn't. Bell coming through for 119.90 plus tax for their GB internet and Better Tv, on top of that Crave, HBO, TMN and Movie Network free for 1 year. This was going through the Ambassador's line. Loyal customer's get absolutely nothing.
Feb 8, 2017
72 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
karlsberg wrote: looks like Rogers is leaving our household after 15 plus years. All they had to do was come down $10 a month, and they couldn't/wouldn't. Bell coming through for 119.90 plus tax for their GB internet and Better Tv, on top of that Crave, HBO, TMN and Movie Network free for 1 year. This was going through the Ambassador's line. Loyal customer's get absolutely nothing.
That's exactly what Bell offered me on my second quote from them. Total of $135.49 (includes tax) for a year.

Rogers had offered $134.99 + tax (going up $6.00) in January for what I have now. 500u, Premier TV and home phone. That's more than a $30.00 increase.
They also offered flex 20 + sports, 500u and home phone for $131.07 tax included.

Bells Better TV package is superior to Flex 20+sports.

Spent almost $20,000.00 on Rogers services the last 13 years. I don't think I'll miss them.
Thank You RFD😃
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1197 posts
633 upvotes
ontario
lets see how this goes. have not been a bell customer for a few years. i dont think we will have any issues.

they gave me that for 2 years, which is nice. unlike the 1 year rogers kept throwing at us.
Feb 8, 2017
72 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
They're calling me back on Friday. I think I'll try for a second year. Mainly because of the penalty of $75.00 if you cancel in the 2nd year and of course no worrying about re- negotiating.

I've not had any major problems with Rogers in the last couple of years. It's their new policy of sticking to strict discounts and not budging.

The gig speed intrigues me. Really though, who needs such speed. LOL

That said if Rogers calls me back with a better deal I would probably stay with them. Not holding my breath though.
Thank You RFD😃
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1197 posts
633 upvotes
ontario
I hear ya, I would have gladly stayed. now I have the hassle of returning all this damn equipment. The rep said the stores do not take it back, have to use canada post. uhhhhhhhh!

good luck!!
Feb 8, 2017
72 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
I made sure I asked for a pre paid addressed sticker be sent to me to send the equipment back. They did say that Canada Post will print one out though. No way am I paying postatge when I could have just taken it to the Rogers store.
Thank You RFD😃
Nov 19, 2018
1 posts
I'm an Ontario resident and my Rogers 1 year promotion just ended, what can I do to get something in a similar price range again?
Oct 14, 2015
159 posts
56 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Existing Rogers Internet customer here with current deal expiring in Jan. I have 300MB for $38 now. Checking if anyone could offer me the same or better deal before I do the annual dance with winback. Post code is L6A. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by R5Ty1e on Dec 14th, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)