• Sep 27th, 2019 10:29 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8456 posts
668 upvotes
awaisuk wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:50 am
did you call or chat?
Last night was a chat, this morning i called into Sales.
Nov 21, 2017
5 posts
2 upvotes
Used live chat this morning. Current deal was 500u, expiring in March. Mentioned that I was looking for a similar promotion and had no issues. They offered 500u and gigabit for $28 and $34 respectively for another year. Note that the year extention starts now, not when the current plan expires. Will definitely be doing this again next Feb!

Edit: Ottawa Area
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1466 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:49 am
Tried one more time to get my $39.99 gigabit price lowered but they wouldn't budge. Best they could offer me was $34.99 for 500. Also tried to get a credit like I did last year, but again no go. Oh well. $39.99 is still pretty good. Especially since I was paying $70+ a couple years ago for 250Mbps.

See everyone in a year when we're back trying to get a new deal with these clowns lol.
Hopefully Bell will do a counter promo by then. What's taking them so long :/
Jan 30, 2006
417 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
Annayya wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:14 am
Write a letter to Bell corporate head office. Maybe they will prioritize developing in your area. I kept bugging them to upgrade my line to FTTH from FTTN for 3 years and my street was the first residential street to get it in my area eventhough there are no huge condos or apartments.
Thanks for the tips , I will do the same Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7263 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Love how Rogers always pulls the "different location, so different pricing" trump card so they don't have to give you the deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1466 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 3:01 am
Are people who are getting these offers (whether $30 or $35 or $40 or whatever), are you all on 12 month discounted offers already and so this is a way to get you to stay? And your 12 months is coming to an end? Or is there anyone who got these offers who is currently paying regular price (or at least not heavily discounted)?

What doesn't make sense to me is, why would they offer you a discount for another year? Isn't the whole point of the 12 months discounted to make you forget about your bill, and then your bill goes back up to $90 a month after the 12 months and people are too lazy to switch?
Probably because they are starting to realize how smart and proactive RFD'ers can be. They can't risk to lose all the new customers they gained last year and at the same time they know exactly what 'type' of customers they're dealing with.
Aug 9, 2018
58 posts
8 upvotes
No luck for me, tried to call the retention and said this promo is base on your postal code (Mississauga region)
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2278 posts
2062 upvotes
redsfan wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:03 am
edit: said we may be contacted buy already have the gigabit modem so should be good...fighting for the $10 rebate still
If you mean the modem rental fee, it's built into the plan cost even though they list it as a break down, and never heard of anybody being able to get that waived, even if they had an old modem they owned and were using, and didn't upgrade.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6215 posts
1009 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:00 am
Um, you didn't know modem charge is included (in your offer) and you were misleading people about their higher offer compared to yours. The other member got a higher priced offer than you, and both your offers include a $10 modem charge.
I wasn't misleading anyone, I genuinely thought that modem rentals weren't included as a line item in the contracts because my contract did not include it. My mistake because I thought Rogers contracts would be similar. When @JohnnyCards posted that his modem rental was an additional $10, I thought he might be able to get that fee waived.

At the end of the day, who really cares if modem rental is included in the contract, all I cared about was getting the same $29.99 deal that the OP got, even though I had to decline two higher offers from reps.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Feb 27, 2009
682 posts
342 upvotes
Current one gig user with Rogers, couldn’t get access to this promo
Dec 2, 2009
716 posts
243 upvotes
Markham
No dice on this deal for me. How does Bell currently only offer 5mbps for my area? That's seems impossibly slow.
Dec 16, 2007
548 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
Currently on 500mb for 24.99. Got the pop up online to upgrade to 1gb gor 29.99 but I closed the pop up. It popped up again the next time I logged in. I had already spoken to live chat and they had already extended my current promo starting March 22 when the existing one expires. You won't notice any diff between 500 and 1gb so might as well save 60+tax a year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1466 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
Edi wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:16 am
I'm in the same boat as you, been a customer for over 15 years and I'm not able to get this upgrade because of where I live (that's what I've been told by rogers).
You can't get the deal cause you're a goldmine for them. You remind me of my in-laws, he complains to Rogers but they don't budge. (offered him a saving of $5 lol on $180 bill) They refuse to give him a better deal because they know he's a "LOYAL' customer even tho he threatens to cancel his services; he's been doing that for over 15 years. The postal code area has nothing to do with this, how do I know?? My parents house is directly facing my in-laws and I got the deal for my parents.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28792 posts
14599 upvotes
Ottawa
Ghiness wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:28 am
No dice on this deal for me. How does Bell currently only offer 5mbps for my area? That's seems impossibly slow.
Put in a cancellation and wait for the email or call back.