[Rogers] Rogers Home Internet 1Gbps $29 for previous/current customers. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 9:15 pm
Tags:
Jun 9, 2011
682 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
People that got their 500u $24.99 renewed, did your agent mention that it will increase by $3 in March, or did they guarantee the $24.99?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1049 posts
657 upvotes
buluan wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:56 pm
I also get pop up message from my account.
My concern is, if I accept the offer, with the new plan start right away, or it will start until my current plan is ending?
My current plan is ending on March 27.
Immediately unless you chat with them to make it consecutive ... but why squabble over a month if it's an amazing renewal price?
Nov 17, 2018
44 posts
35 upvotes
Anyone have any luck in Markham with this? I've tried live chat multiple times best they could do is like 60 after tax for gigabit...
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2543 posts
693 upvotes
Markham
Sorrylol wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:58 am
Anyone have any luck in Markham with this? I've tried live chat multiple times best they could do is like 60 after tax for gigabit...
Time to cancel
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8674 posts
9333 upvotes
Thanks OP! Logged in and got the popup and offer. Im in Markham

$24.99+$10 modem rental
Sorrylol wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:58 am

Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by Wizard1 on Feb 12th, 2019 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1866 posts
1422 upvotes
ghettogal wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:44 pm
deal's dead? 🤨
TheJackal wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:42 pm
Lol! Here's what a Rogers rep told me:

10:33 PMVictor
That offer is not a real offer. It was posted to a forum. If isnt directly from a Rogers website or mail, its is not from us
10:33 PMVictor
We have been dealing with this issue for 2 days.
10:35 PMRM
Well that's some pretty good Photoshop work of the Overview page if that's the case.
10:35 PMVic
Yes, as you can see the "29" is bolder than the others.

BOLDER he said.
Victor needs to be given the boot. I hope you both reported him. Guy is telling what is likely hundreds of Rogers customers that the offer Rogers is offering their customers through their own site when customers are logged into their accounts is a scam/photoshopped. This isn't something that
should be taken lightly since he is a Rogers employee and he is also claiming the people who received the offer directly from Rogers extending it to them are faking it.
May 26, 2005
127 posts
96 upvotes
Ontario
Sunbab wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:05 pm
This is the reply I got:
"I see how this is important to you however for the internet promo for the gigabit for 29,99$, we would not have access to the offer. you would have to give our retention department a call at 1-866-737-4159. They will be able to offer you more options and better price plans than we have at the moment"
I also got the exact same message (they obviously use cut and paste standard messages), then I called the number and was told that the best they got for me at this time is $54.99...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8064 posts
1692 upvotes
Ontario
bombdiggity wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:07 am
Victor needs to be given the boot. I hope you both reported him. Guy is telling what is likely hundreds of Rogers customers that the offer Rogers is offering their customers through their own site when customers are logged into their accounts is a scam/photoshopped. This isn't something that
should be taken lightly since he is a Rogers employee and he is also claiming the people who received the offer directly from Rogers extending it to them are faking it.
Booted? You mean promoted!

Agents, and not just from Rogers, are essentially encouraged to lie to prevent a deal from being given or to lose a customer. In my decades I’ve seen it numerous times. I believe there was also a W5 or similar show talking about it. That’s pretty creative actually, it’s a doctored image. Lol.

But referencing a forum is a terrible strategy anyway. They’re aware of RFD. Just be matter of fact and play their game too (eg people might say, “I saw the pop up but my computer crashed and when I logged back in it wasn’t there”). It forces them to call you a liar with a legitimate offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1671 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
agentzero wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:16 am
People that got their 500u $24.99 renewed, did your agent mention that it will increase by $3 in March, or did they guarantee the $24.99?
My agent said I will not get increase Because of the t renew
Dec 27, 2013
48 posts
3 upvotes
TORONTO
i was on the $34.99 for 150Mbps deal from Back Friday. I didn't get a promo, but in the chat the lady upgraded me to 300Mbps for the rest of my term for the same price... (The price goes after to $44.99, but then I will negotiate/find a new deal or provider
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1239 posts
166 upvotes
GTA
Wizard1 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:34 am
Thanks OP! Logged in and got the popup and offer. Im in Markham

$24.99+$10 modem rental

Lucky you. What part of Markham do you live?
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $60/10GB plan - Medium Tab
Dec 3, 2009
216 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
The offer people are getting - is it within $10/month of what you were paying previously? My "offer" was 1GB for $75/month which is roughly what I was paying for 500MB. I've tried a couple of times now and the best I got was $65/month for 1GB.

I'm sick of this game. I know I'm leaving one garbage relationship for another, but it's time to give Bell chance I guess after over 20 years with Rogers (gross, I know).
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1866 posts
1422 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:39 am
Booted? You mean promoted!

Agents, and not just from Rogers, are essentially encouraged to lie to prevent a deal from being given or to lose a customer. In my decades I’ve seen it numerous times. I believe there was also a W5 or similar show talking about it. That’s pretty creative actually, it’s a doctored image. Lol.

But referencing a forum is a terrible strategy anyway. They’re aware of RFD. Just be matter of fact and play their game too (eg people might say, “I saw the pop up but my computer crashed and when I logged back in it wasn’t there”). It forces them to call you a liar with a legitimate offer.
He's lying in a stupid and unnecessary way. Every other csr seems to be saying it's supposed to be a targeted offer/they can't access/apply targeted promotions/it's region specific. Those have some truth to them and/or at least accomplish the same thing without falsely accusing customers (or his own employer) of any wrong doing.

Claiming customers who put up screencaps of offers Rogers offered them in their accounts have photoshopped to scam is not something that any employer would want their employees to throw around, and any smart employee would avoid fabricating such allegations, especially if it's not needed to reject customers.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)