Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Home Internet 1Gbps $29 for previous/current customers. YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 1:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 14, 2008
8168 posts
1802 upvotes
Ontario
bombdiggity wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:31 am
He's lying in a stupid and unnecessary way. Every other csr seems to be saying it's supposed to be a targeted offer/they can't access/apply targeted promotions/it's region specific. Those have some truth to them and/or at least accomplish the same thing without falsely accusing customers (or his own employer) of any wrong doing.

Claiming customers who put up screencaps of offers Rogers offered them in their accounts have photoshopped to scam is not something that any employer would want their employees to throw around, and any smart employee would avoid fabricating such allegations, especially if it's not needed to reject customers.
I hear you it’s stupid but he was successfully able to get rid of the customer without even offering the deal. Mission accomplished. That’s the point. ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2004
1717 posts
264 upvotes
Mississauga
The pop offer was there for me yesterday and was trying to initiative a live chat but never got connected. Today I logged in and the offer is no longer there for me
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6029 posts
693 upvotes
I logged in yesterday and today. Got no offers.... I'm in Markham as well. This is so stupid.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2299 posts
2078 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:52 am
I hear you it’s stupid but he was successfully able to get rid of the customer without even offering the deal. Mission accomplished. That’s the point. ;)
But my argument is that he did it in an unnecessary way that accuses customers of fraud, which is why he needs to be booted. Your argument is that he should be promoted b/c he is encouraged to lie and accomplished his mission of rejecting customers even though it opened up a very serious issue for his employer.

If you employed somebody who unecessarily accused your customers of fraud and opened you up for litigation when he was taught to use other truthful or viable excuses, you would congratulate him on a job well done and promote him?
Newbie
Aug 10, 2018
57 posts
46 upvotes
I am on the last month of 500Mbps for $34.99, 1Gbps was offered to me for 39.99. I told them speed more than 500 doesn't matter for me. so they extend my current plan for another one year. which is 500Mbps for 34.99.
Jr. Member
Oct 1, 2007
117 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
buluan wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:56 pm
I also get pop up message from my account.
My concern is, if I accept the offer, will the new plan start right away, or it will start until my current plan is ending?
My current plan is ending on March 27.
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:21 am
Immediately unless you chat with them to make it consecutive ... but why squabble over a month if it's an amazing renewal price?
It depends because my current deal ends March 26 and my new deal starts March 27. I didn't speak or chat with anyone.
Newbie
Feb 24, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
logged in this morning, but only got $44 month with only 300Mbs.. will need to contact rogers
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2299 posts
2078 upvotes
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:21 am
why squabble over a month if it's an amazing renewal price?
It might not matter if on the next renewal a comparable price is obtainable, but if you're like one of those people in here who get offered $8X.XX or $9X.XX per month, losing one month of this kind of discount is losing more than a few cents worth of money.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2123 posts
1441 upvotes
SW Ontario
bombdiggity wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:33 am
It might not matter if on the next renewal a comparable price is obtainable, but if you're like one of those people in here who get offered $8X.XX or $9X.XX per month, losing one month of this kind of discount is losing more than a few cents worth of money.
Very true ...
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Sr. Member
Jun 28, 2009
824 posts
337 upvotes
Shit.. that was easy.

No pop up when I logged in. Did an live chat asking to renew my gigabit promo from last year ($24.99 + $10 modem). Agent mentioned that that promo has since expired, but he can offer me the same price for 12 months, no contract.

done..
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3072 posts
785 upvotes
Ajax
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:21 am
Immediately unless you chat with them to make it consecutive ... but why squabble over a month if it's an amazing renewal price?
Because these deals have been a plenty since December. Might be even a better deal in March. This is RFD after all. We squabble over every cent.
Newbie
Oct 13, 2008
91 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone posted that they cancelled their plan and not received a callback from retentions with a deal.

I still have 3 weeks till my cancellation. I want to have a plan B. JIC there is no call
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2123 posts
1441 upvotes
SW Ontario
mrtvgame wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:10 am
Because these deals have been a plenty since December. Might be even a better deal in March. This is RFD after all. We squabble over every cent.
... and don't forget debating on how many sheets of toilet paper and costs to 4 decimals places too Face With Tears Of Joy
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3072 posts
785 upvotes
Ajax
AlanF80892 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:51 pm
Same boat as so many others on here. Discrimination at its best I was told my 59.89 was already a good deal.for 500u and that I shouldn't make waves. No amount of fighting got them to budge even 5 dollars. I feel indignated and disatisfied.
Discrimination? Based on what? You did not get a deal? lol.
I am discriminated on my car insurance because of the poor drivers anywhere West of Yonge Street. or wait am I discriminating against them?
Sr. Member
Feb 2, 2015
518 posts
131 upvotes
Take note that Rogers 1Gbit is 1Gbit down but upload is only 30Mbps, probably not an issue for majority of users but for those who back up a lot of stuff or run remote NAS it could be a pain

Top