• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2019 10:29 am
Mar 26, 2004
121 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
crzyclimber wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:12 am
Has anyone posted that they cancelled their plan and not received a callback from retentions with a deal.

I still have 3 weeks till my cancellation. I want to have a plan B. JIC there is no call
I cancelled in December after trying several times for a retentions deal and have yet to get a Winback call.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3070 posts
783 upvotes
Ajax
It's not rocket science.

Rogers looks at your account history, your services, your usage, your demographics (where you live and what you do for a living) and they adjust the pricing based on that. If you fit into a certain category of checks you get deal A, another set of checks you get deal B, another set of checks you get deal C, another set of checks you get no deal at all.

Do the math. Are they likely to give deals to person/family that constantly gets a deal and then cancels their services and rotates between providers? This is 2019 folks. The analytic data is specific and they all have it.
Mar 13, 2006
25 posts
3 upvotes
I cancelled my service and didn't receive a callback. They even inactivated my account. After that, I got a popup offer from myRogers account. I had to call in to reactivate my account.
May 25, 2010
231 posts
228 upvotes
Newmarket
how do you chat with rogers on facebook?
Sep 11, 2009
67 posts
23 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
dogger99 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:29 am
how do you chat with rogers on facebook?
I use facebook messenger. Open messenger app, then search for Rogers. A live agent will chat with you.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2279 posts
2062 upvotes
spammy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:15 am
Take note that Rogers 1Gbit is 1Gbit down but upload is only 30Mbps, probably not an issue for majority of users but for those who back up a lot of stuff or run remote NAS it could be a pain
Has this always been the case? I always thought 500u was 20 and 1gig was 50.
Aug 24, 2018
26 posts
9 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:18 am
It's not rocket science.

Rogers looks at your account history, your services, your usage, your demographics (where you live and what you do for a living) and they adjust the pricing based on that. If you fit into a certain category of checks you get deal A, another set of checks you get deal B, another set of checks you get deal C, another set of checks you get no deal at all.

Do the math. Are they likely to give deals to person/family that constantly gets a deal and then cancels their services and rotates between providers? This is 2019 folks. The analytic data is specific and they all have it.
Smartest person I've seen on this forum!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2279 posts
2062 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote:
Rogers looks at your account history, your services, your usage, your demographics (where you live and what you do for a living) and they adjust the pricing based on that.
How do they know what we do for a living? I don't recall ever being asked this.
Sep 11, 2009
67 posts
23 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Just for your reference guys, I currently have 500u $24.99/month for my first account (condo in Markham) and second account (detached house in Stouffville). I got the 1gbps $29.98/month offer for both addresses but I don't think I need it. The current promo is expiring on April 11.
I used Rogers chat and asked if I can extend my current plan, and the agent gave it to me no problem for another year but it has to be applied right away or on the next billing. I requested to activate the extension after the current promo ends, and the agent gave me two reference numbers for the promotion to guarantee the promo he offered (also reference number of the chat history). I will have to call back a month before the current offer expire to get this promotion onwards.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3070 posts
783 upvotes
Ajax
bombdiggity wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:47 am
How do they know what we do for a living? I don't recall ever being asked this.
They do not have to ask you. It is on your credit history report which they have access to.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3070 posts
783 upvotes
Ajax
justasking wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:53 am
Just for your reference guys, I currently have 500u $24.99/month for my first account (condo in Markham) and second account (detached house in Stouffville). I got the 1gbps $29.98/month offer for both addresses but I don't think I need it. The current promo is expiring on April 11.
I used Rogers chat and asked if I can extend my current plan, and the agent gave it to me no problem for another year but it has to be applied right away or on the next billing. I requested to activate the extension after the current promo ends, and the agent gave me two reference numbers for the promotion to guarantee the promo he offered (also reference number of the chat history). I will have to call back a month before the current offer expire to get this promotion onwards.
Good to know. thanks for sharing.
Dec 2, 2006
109 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
guessguy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:53 am
The pop offer was there for me yesterday and was trying to initiative a live chat but never got connected. Today I logged in and the offer is no longer there for me
Same here. Currently I am paying $34.99+tax. I used Live chat yesterday and they offered me $39.99 plus tax which is the same as the pop up. Today the popup is gone. I used live chat and initially they gave me the same offer. I asked if they can match the same price I am paying now or give me some credits and the guy came back with $34.99+ tax for another year effective 1 day before my current promo expires on March 28. I know people are getting $29.99 but 1) not sure if that's include modem rental; 2) I can afford to pay extra $5 to save the hassles. Good luck!
Jan 3, 2019
12 posts
2 upvotes
I’m currently on 500g/29.99 and just renewed in January. No pop up for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2123 posts
1441 upvotes
SW Ontario
mrtvgame wrote:
It's not rocket science.

I think it has more to do with the person's history and their willingness to accept whatever offer is presented to them ... the more you've harrassed Rogers it seems, the easier it gets each year ... I've been with 4 different ISP in the last 5 years, so they know full well I cancel and will go elsewhere for the deal ... there is no love in this relationship, it's all physical
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Oct 25, 2010
29 posts
16 upvotes
markham
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:00 pm
Your last year deal got automatically extended to 2020?
that's correct. called Rogers rep when about time to check out the promotion and they mentioned my promotion extended automatically to April 2020