Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Home Internet 1Gbps $29 for previous/current customers. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2019 10:40 pm
Nov 11, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I called them and put a cancellation request. But they only offer 500Gb for 35$. It's not as good as the deal but i bring down my payment half Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4948 posts
1657 upvotes
Canuckland
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:06 am
Doesnt Rogers monitor your traffic? Especially torrents? I moved away from Rogers because they were sharing data with third party, and I got a lot of notices for downloading torrents...
YOLO never had issues
Feb 26, 2016
8 posts
7 upvotes
premalmistry wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 9:13 am
Let's say I put in a cancellation request for the end of billing period. Later I do get a all from retention but still the deal they offer is not OK to me, can I retract my cancellation request after sometime (preferably before the cancellation date) ?
I haven't been in that scenario, I got the call same day that I put in the cancellation (cancellation in morning, received call near 6pm), held out a day longer, and they gave me a slightly better deal the next day and I accepted. But, as vkizzle put it, they would be happy to keep you at your current price point. Why cancel a customer who no longer wants to cancel (especially when they have this aggressive deal for gigabit to try and keep as many clients as possible).

But keep in mind, as mentioned previously in this thread, if you are going to go through with the cancellation steps, be ready to actually cancel, make sure you date the cancellation for end of billing cycle so you have time to make a decision and to shop for alternatives (make sure your billing cycle does not end the next day lol, make sure you give yourself time to find alternatives and also time for rogers to have a chance to call you back). As mentioned previously in the thread, majority of people get the callback, but there are those few that slip through and don't get a call back, so in that case you should be prepared.
Edit: Reason I say this is you don't want to try and go through this and end up being without internet because not everything was thought through.

One more thought, if at the end, you end up cancelling the cancelation request, and keeping your plan at current price point, I would wonder if this would still classify you as "barking dog" and not "biting dog" for future requests.
Dec 3, 2009
217 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
FallThrough wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:39 pm
Did you try Facebook chat? Don't bother with the Rogers.com chat. The reps on Facebook have more power to offer deals. If they don't play ball, cancel right then an there. Make your cancellation date for the end of the month or end of your billing period. You'll get the call back, same or next day.
Tried Facebook but same result. I even got the “there are fake deals going around the internet” moments before saying “your postal code is available for THAT offer” (implying it does exist!). Also, I never even mentioned that I saw it on the internet so they must be getting lots of requests (they were super slow responding).

I really am going to give Bell a shot if it’s not expensive. What would be a good deal on 1 or 1.5gb fibre? (There’s a huge thread on it but strangely vague on price - unless I missed something...)
Last edited by Sane88 on Feb 13th, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2153 posts
974 upvotes
For those who received the pop-up deal to renew, how close are you to expiring?

I haven't seen a pop-up yet, but I'm a month and a week from expiring. Rather just get the pop-up then go through chat.
Sep 27, 2008
578 posts
298 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:06 am
Doesnt Rogers monitor your traffic? Especially torrents? I moved away from Rogers because they were sharing data with third party, and I got a lot of notices for downloading torrents...
They are required by law to forward copyright notices. You aren't getting those notices because Rogers is sharing your information. You're getting them because your exposing your IP address when your torrent, especially on public trackers which are monitored by the copyright holder.
Teksavvy Usage Android App - Easily track your internet usage
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29275 posts
15128 upvotes
Ottawa
Sane88 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 10:14 am
Tried Facebook but same result. I even got the “there are fake deals going around the internet” moments before saying “your postal code is available for THAT offer” (implying it does exist!). Also, I never even mentioned that I saw it on the internet so they must be getting lots of requests (they were super slow responding).

I really am going to give Bell a shot if it’s not expensive. What would be a good deal on 1 or 1.5gb fibre? (There’s a huge thread on it but strangely vague on price - unless I missed something...)
Unless you can get on a new customer promo, regular price for 1.5Gbps is $114.95/month.
Sep 27, 2008
578 posts
298 upvotes
SuperRed95 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 7:39 am
I saw the offer on Feb 10. Accepted the $29.99 for the 1 gig unlimited plan. The next morning I received a sales receipt with my confirmation # and it said that it would be processed within 24 hrs and that I will receive an email about it. I never got any email so I just chatted with a rep online and he doesn't see my confrimation #. HAHHAAHA, typical rogers man..Now i'm back in the queue to chat with someone else and see what happens.....anyone else experience this bs?
Same thing happened to me. Once I got connected in chat, the switchover was instant.
Teksavvy Usage Android App - Easily track your internet usage
Feb 17, 2009
16 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
leper1898 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 6:51 pm
The rep told me that he can't see it on my account and that it's only for peoples plans that are expiring next month.. this true for everyone?
My current promo (500U for $25) expiries on April 19. I have a new offer 1 GB for $29 in my online account and successfully signed up using webchat to take effect on April 19. I live in a downtown condo. Hope this helps.
Oct 12, 2004
54 posts
12 upvotes
Not sure if this has been asked before. My apologies if it has. But can anyone tell me how to tell when your current promo/credits expire?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1500 posts
1089 upvotes
Toronto
If you're placing the cancellation in hopes of better offer, just remember a little fib goes a long way when negotiating a deal. Ex- 'Bell gave me this $x offer, Rogers gave me this $x offer' Make up a believable number. I know some of you might have a hard time with this but remember Rogers/Bell will rip you off every single chance they get, they have no problem taking advantage of people.
Sep 16, 2011
412 posts
408 upvotes
LONDON
I put a cancellation request for April and they cancelled on me the same day lol - been on the phone with them for over an hour to fix the mess. They need to hire scientists to be able to read the cancellation dates.
Jun 19, 2016
6 posts
SuperRed95 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:53 am
So I got another agent and apparently the new plan was applied immediately to my account. I guess I should have logged into my rogers account before contacting them but I guess i was solely waiting for their confirmation on processing the new plan which i never got the email. My old 500u plan expires at the end of next month so I was thinking my new gigabit plan would apply it at the tail end of my old plan but i guess not. Oh well...
Unfortunately before you accepted the offer, you had to specifically tell them you wanted this promotion applied at the end of your current term.

For anyone who is currently on the 500U Ignite and has one of these offers, make sure you tell them you want the new offer applied at the end of your current promotion.. that way you still get the full 12 months of the new promo. Also, you will receive a new contract via email showing the dates the new promo will take efffect.
Sep 11, 2015
167 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
I called in got offered $34 for 500mb and $39 for 1gigb. Currently paying $34 for the 500mb not sure if I should cancel in May and hope for a Bell deal or keep it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1500 posts
1089 upvotes
Toronto
viper163 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 10:47 am
Not sure if this has been asked before. My apologies if it has. But can anyone tell me how to tell when your current promo/credits expire?
Go on live chat and ask them.