[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1466 posts
1070 upvotes
Toronto
Sharpenel wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 11:31 am
Was only able to get $54.99 for 500u. currently on 150u for $44.99. Any tips?
150U is enough for streaming Netflix in UHD for 4 devices simultaneously.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1340 posts
328 upvotes
georgeft wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:52 pm
Was anyone able to defer their offered plan till the end of their current plan? I managed to get my $30 500U plan extended another year, but I wasn't able to get my customer rep to defer it until my current plan expired in two months and had to start my new deal immediately.
I have my parents in law extension post dated for when my current promo ends April. For my own extension Inopted to start now since They offered me same services for $8 less a month.

Try calling into the number I posted earlier or retentions.
Dec 22, 2006
316 posts
1040 upvotes
Did anyone get this promo after the offer expired? I just sent 2 hours with live agents with no result.
Jun 2, 2008
40 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Office of the President called today. They offered Gigabit Internet and Popular TV for $114, tax in. I told them I still want to cancel.

Called into the customer service line to put cancelation at end of billing cycle (march 8). The rep offered me the same package, I responded with them to match my better offer with other providers. I told them if they gave me Gigabit and Popular for $80 tax in, I’d stay. Rep said she was going to go find out. They came back, but sadly couldn’t do better than $114.

So, told them thank you, but please mark my services to be canceled at end of billing cycle (March 8).

Now we play the waiting game...

-X-
Feb 14, 2018
2 posts
We got 500/20 internet for 30 a month for two years .. under 115.00 with tax includes all 3 services until the fall of 2020. We’ve had it a few months and are happy
Feb 16, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Which number did u call ?
As u said it took you few trys
What did you say to get it?
I said many things but nothing worked.
I'm paying 60$ for 500 speed
Only thing they offered me was gbit for 84.99
Madness
Last edited by MonikaP31353 on Feb 18th, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
X_SoLjA wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 8:31 pm
Office of the President called today. They offered Gigabit Internet and Popular TV for $114, tax in. I told them I still want to cancel.

Called into the customer service line to put cancelation at end of billing cycle (march 8). The rep offered me the same package, I responded with them to match my better offer with other providers. I told them if they gave me Gigabit and Popular for $80 tax in, I’d stay. Rep said she was going to go find out. They came back, but sadly couldn’t do better than $114.

So, told them thank you, but please mark my services to be canceled at end of billing cycle (March 8).

Now we play the waiting game...

-X-

what was the number on your call display when the office of president called you?
please check in your call log?
Oct 16, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 12:00 pm
150U is enough for streaming Netflix in UHD for 4 devices simultaneously.

which postal code area did u get that offer?
who did u call for that what phone #
how long did it take?
what were the objections why u can not get 29.99?
please answer all thank u
Oct 16, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Double_J wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:09 pm
I got email from Rogers to call them. This time they offered to give me 3 months credit on my 500mb service. I declined that but accepted the 1gb service at $74/month plus 3 months credit. Not a great rate compared to all of you but better than I was previously paying.

how long after you canceled how long before u got that email?
Oct 16, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Here is my story guys
anyone could suggest me anything please let me know

My area is South west Toronto
more precisely M6S5B7

No bell available on my street .
The Condo 20 meters from me is bell FTTH (fiber to the home).
bell 1 Gbit there is about 40$ and 1500 or also called it 1.5gigabit is 50$
Im paying 69.99 for ignite 500 which is manageable but during evening hours speed is around 85 max LOL!!

some of you guys complain that your bill is going up from 29.99 to 34.99
i dream of those prices...

few days before i canceled i got this popup on my screen while im logged into my rogers account.
lets secure a deal u are paying 69.99 now for ignite 500 new deal is 74.99 for 1000
after reading here that many people pays 29.99-34.99-39.99-44.99 i felt like i was being raped by these fux for a long time.
I called in asked for any of these prices 30-35-40-45 i was declined on all.
i put in a cancellation right away for like a month later date.

after putting in my cancellation
Monday i get a popup that says call we noticed you canceled call us and say this code..
i called that 18772956188 number.
lady was like ya sorry to see you go lets see if we can offer you something.
oh yes we have a special deal for u.
im all ears.....
lady is like its 84.99 got gigabit... LOL!!!!!!! WTF
a machine offered me 74.99 on my rogers account a human being trying to make me not to cancel offers me 84.99
im like nah thats BS forget it cancel my account thx...
by the way it has been about 10 days i still have not received any cancel confirmation email...
friday february 16th incoming call from 18557604838 call display says Rogers Comm.
Im all hoping this is my call im gonna get something... At this point i take anything up to max budget of 50$...
lady on the phone is like hi we would like to offer you tv internet and home phone for 150$ or something...
Im like ahhhh this call will be a waste of time but then lets see what happens...
I say so arent you aware of that i am already a rogers client for internet and about a week ago i called in to cancel?....
lady is like ohhh actually now that i just look at your account sorry i cant offer you tv internet and home phone...
Im like lady i dont need any of those beside the internet....
lady is like ohhh ok you want me to transfer you to retention??
im like no im at work i have 4 minutes if u transfer me to retention i will be on the phone for 57 minutes and i wont get anywhere...
i ask her to confirm my cancel date she says its march 13... im like omfg i asked for march 19th....
after this its 20 minutes of transferring me to no one knows WTF then the usual accidentally got cut off the phone....
This has been hell so far...

please list all possible numbers that you called with success
thank you
Jun 2, 2008
40 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
tomika7 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 1:24 pm
what was the number on your call display when the office of president called you?
please check in your call log?
My display read ROGERS - (844) 379-4293.

Today I just received email from Rogers trying to get me to call back to try and win me back.

Will wait until tomorrow and see what they offer...

-X-
Nov 2, 2014
14 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
My story:

Signed up last year for $79.99 December 2017 and was "guaranteed" the Google Home with the promotion. I was told to wait 1-2 weeks for an email which did not arrive. I decided to give them a quick call - 3/3 calls concluded in a game of hide and seek trying to locate the correct department.

Last week, I received a phone call from Rogers stating that my plan has been charged full price ($170) as of January 2018 - I found the RFD deal and decided to give live chat a try.

First rep insisted that the promotion was available and locked based off postal codes - after going through the thread, I've seen several posts located near I am (Mississauga) in a household receiving the promotion. My friend also made several calls (even when they gave him their best offer of $89.99). Eventually, he got his gigabit plan for $29.99. I on the other hand, could not get the retention rep to budge so I asked to be escalated.

Spoke with the retention manager and brought up the issue last year with the Google Home. Mentioned same geographic area w/ different price points and the frustration of dealing with Rogers. Price did not budge, best they could offer is $89.99 before taxes and that's still more than what I paid last year. Told them to cancel my plan for next billing cycle and mentioned that I might as well cancel wireless plan to prevent future headaches. Retention Manager asked if she could look for the best price for my cellular plan - I told her not a problem but it'll be used as a competitive rates for when I look for a separate provider - Currently waiting to hear back from Rogers.

TLDR: Didn't get the promo, cancelled for next billing, hoping to hear back.
Oct 27, 2009
307 posts
58 upvotes
Got a call from "offer end department".

Had 500u+lite tv for 47.xx$ previously

Lady on the phone couldn't come up with anything better than 67$ for 1gb + select TV

Asked to transfer to retention, they only could offer 62$ for 500u + select TV. Took it.

All amounts tax in
Nov 17, 2018
69 posts
65 upvotes
nickaslt wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 6:42 pm
Asked to transfer to retention, they only could offer 62$ for 500u + select TV. Took it.

All amounts tax in
LUL

That's not a bad offer by any stretch of the imagination, considering you're also getting, SELECT TV, and that price is TAXES IN , most people are paying $60 ~ $80 for 1gb alone and before taxes.
Mar 12, 2012
67 posts
93 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I talked to a nice rep, my 29.99 ignite 500u expires Mid March. She told me straight up that the 29.99 1 GB promo is not available in my Postal Code (Mississauga by Heartland Mavis and Britannia). Said she would do it if she could. My package I pay total for Home phone (long distance US included), Popular tv and Net for a total taxes included for $112.97. The best they can give me is 112.97 + taxes (Phone $22.58, TV $46.80, net $56.40). If they break the bundle (even take TV out) my package will by about $110.42 + taxes. I was hoping for better and would ideally like the $29.99. May just jump to the Shaw deal, set cancellation for Mid March, if they can beat they can if not whatever personally do not want to waste too much time on this.