Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Home Internet 1Gbps $29 for previous/current customers. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2019 10:40 pm
Nov 14, 2017
47 posts
44 upvotes
I thought I would update my Rogers’ deal. Rogers just called me and the sales guy managed to twist my arm and got me to upgrade my order to a triple play. It was the cheapest triple play ever and given it included HBO and the fact that the finale for GoT is about to air, I grabbed it. The deal comes out to $65.28 + tax per month for 12 months and no contract
ie. [(89.99 x 1.13 x 12) - $300 - $35] / [12 x 1.13] = $65.28 + tax per month
Images
  • Capture Rogers bill jpg.JPG
Last edited by Andrew747 on Mar 18th, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1725 posts
328 upvotes
I have Ignite 150 on one year promo price of $29.99 + HST, expiring soon. I tried a few times to get this 1 Gbps deal but without any success; they said it is for targeted customers only.
In the end, they offered the same Ignite 150 which I currently have but with a higher price of $34.99 + HST for one more year, which I reluctantly accepted as there is nothing better available elsewhere.
Dec 22, 2010
211 posts
31 upvotes
London
Andrew747 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 12:27 pm
As I said in my first post, I visited the WirelessWave booth at the National Home Show. I thought the “X4Q Internet Stand-alone Offer(X4Q)” was suppose to be good till April 3 but perhaps they ended it early. As I said in my last post the sure bet would have been to head to the home show to grab it. The manager I dealt with at the show was from the Oshawa store. Give him a call and tell him you saw the offer at the home show and would like to take advantage of it today.

Edit: I just spoke to the manager at the Oshawa store and he in fact was giving the home show deal to someone today who he met at the show when I called in. He told me he can still give you the deal if you call in today and mention you saw the deal at the home show.

NB: This is for new customers and not for current customers looking for a retention deal.
So I gave some calls to couple of WirelessWave stores. Interestingly, they were all different. It wasn't completely hopeless though. One place told me that they do have the deal but he indicated the less amount of credit. Also told me that if I am an existing Rogers customer than I have to cancel it first. Another place told me that I have to go there and try the promotion code. Maybe they just want me to go there. The last place said they don't have the same deal but gave me some good news. He said they have a Fido deal $32.50 - 75/10 for 12 months-cancel anytime. I guess I'm left with visiting the stores now. I'll leave further feedback after visiting the stores.
Mar 18, 2019
1 posts
Hi. My 1GB unlimited home internet is expiring this month. Was paying 50.50 with tax.
Just called in and ask if they have anything similar. Was offered 56 tax in with the same plan by the loyalty department. I took the deal.

Some of you maybe able to get better deal with the retention department.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1326 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Joshyy wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 6:38 pm
Hi. My 1GB unlimited home internet is expiring this month. Was paying 50.50 with tax.
Just called in and ask if they have anything similar. Was offered 56 tax in with the same plan by the loyalty department. I took the deal.

Some of you maybe able to get better deal with the retention department.
which number did you call?
Sep 17, 2013
102 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just called and after cancellation and receiving that e-mail.

The best offer they were able to provide was still what the reps have been giving me so far:
500U - 44.99 + tax
Gigabit U - 49.99 + tax

She did offer me 2 months free so that was the only additional bonus I could get.

Sound similar to others that have their offers expiring?
Going Awesome Places - Best credit cards for Canadians for travel hacking, car rental coupon codes list, and travel deals.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1326 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
finally gave up... call three times, retention and cancellation also chat on rogers, no dice, best offer I got is $58.99 for 75u.. pathetic... so I cancelled and sign up with Fido for $32.50 - 75u , so much easy, and apparently, they don't need to check my credit again, because I have account with Rogers. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 7, 2008
516 posts
206 upvotes
for the people who got a code pop up in their browser, what number did you call?
I forgot to write the number that showed up with the code so I just called the support number and live chat and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
368 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
FWIW...got this done at the beginning of the week

Got offered these promos after receiving winback email after cancelling and quoting reference number in the email:
300 U for 49.99/month , add $10 more if you want 500U
First three months free
Dec 9, 2011
207 posts
136 upvotes
Ottawa
Well, Monday is D-day and Rogers has made no attempt to tempt me back. I guess they called my bluff. I just don’t understand what’s different about me from others on here that they don’t want my business... albeit at a discounted rate. I’ve been paying those bastards for years at full price before finding red flag deals... and for like 30 years. Words cannot describe how much I hate Rogers.
May 3, 2008
957 posts
472 upvotes
Markham
dovosk wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 7:50 pm
Well, Monday is D-day and Rogers has made no attempt to tempt me back. I guess they called my bluff. I just don’t understand what’s different about me from others on here that they don’t want my business... albeit at a discounted rate. I’ve been paying those bastards for years at full price before finding red flag deals... and for like 30 years. Words cannot describe how much I hate Rogers.
Rogers did not try to keep it as a customer either. Cancellation will kick in saturday and my cancellation request was put in 2 weeks ago. I think cuz they know fastest speed Bell offer at my house is a measly 10u, Rogers dont feel the need to budge. Best they ever offered at one point was $69.99 for 500u and since then have gone up to $84.99 when I called multiple times.

Will go ahead with my cancellation and leave Rogers for good.
Jan 4, 2008
20 posts
7 upvotes
pefferlaw
I cancelled Mar 1st and switched to Carrytel. 40 bucks a month for 75u and 5 for home phone. At least I know I will not have to beg every year or 2 to get a deal.
Oct 27, 2011
54 posts
1 upvote
kulb wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 6:31 pm
I have Ignite 150 on one year promo price of $29.99 + HST, expiring soon. I tried a few times to get this 1 Gbps deal but without any success; they said it is for targeted customers only.
In the end, they offered the same Ignite 150 which I currently have but with a higher price of $34.99 + HST for one more year, which I reluctantly accepted as there is nothing better available elsewhere.
I have the exactly same promo price as you do and yesterday I got the exactly same offer for one more year as you did.
Feb 3, 2014
2 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Sharing my experience:

I was a Rogers 500u customer for $49 a month (took that offer back in November 2018), but received an offer from Bell booth at a home show for Gigabit Unlimited for $45 a month for one year after they confirmed my condo was fibre eligible, no contract and no installation fee.

I called the number in the first post to cancel (1-866-737-4159) a couple of weeks ago, effective for 03/20. Rogers offered me Gigabit Unlimited for $55 a month so I told them to go ahead and process the cancellation - they said it was confirmed for 03/20 and to bring my modem back to a store that day. Called Bell, set up installation for 03/15 to give myself some overlap in case there were issues or in case Rogers called back with a better Winback offer.

Received no winback call from Rogers and the Bell speed/quality was amazing, so dropped the modem off at the Rogers store on 03/20. Except (you guessed it) they didn't create the cancellation order in the system when I had previously called in to cancel - there was a note that the store guy read to me recapping the call and that I wanted to cancel but nothing was actually done. Had to sit there for 15 mins while the store guy sorted it out over the phone with them to actually cancel it. The guy I called must have wanted to protect his stats? Explains why I didn't get a winback attempt I suppose.

So long Rogers!

Signed,
A former 21 year Rogers Internet customer.
May 3, 2008
957 posts
472 upvotes
Markham
Simayi78 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:39 pm
Sharing my experience:

I was a Rogers 500u customer for $49 a month (took that offer back in November 2018), but received an offer from Bell booth at a home show for Gigabit Unlimited for $45 a month for one year after they confirmed my condo was fibre eligible, no contract and no installation fee.

I called the number in the first post to cancel (1-866-737-4159) a couple of weeks ago, effective for 03/20. Rogers offered me Gigabit Unlimited for $55 a month so I told them to go ahead and process the cancellation - they said it was confirmed for 03/20 and to bring my modem back to a store that day. Called Bell, set up installation for 03/15 to give myself some overlap in case there were issues or in case Rogers called back with a better Winback offer.

Received no winback call from Rogers and the Bell speed/quality was amazing, so dropped the modem off at the Rogers store on 03/20. Except (you guessed it) they didn't create the cancellation order in the system when I had previously called in to cancel - there was a note that the store guy read to me recapping the call and that I wanted to cancel but nothing was actually done. Had to sit there for 15 mins while the store guy sorted it out over the phone with them to actually cancel it. The guy I called must have wanted to protect his stats? Explains why I didn't get a winback attempt I suppose.

So long Rogers!

Signed,
A former 21 year Rogers Internet customer.
similar experience here. the reps are so bad that they lied and did NOT actually proceed your cancellation. Think anyone they actually put in cancellation is marked as their failure on their sale count. Prob the reason why I did not receive any Winback offer either (had to call again a second time and they then put in actual cancellation on file.)
Returned my modem and done with them as of today.