Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers: Netflix free for 6 months ($60 Netflix Credit), PRIOR Shomi Cust.

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2017 1:09 pm
[OP]
Dec 7, 2010
33 posts
112 upvotes

[Rogers] Rogers: Netflix free for 6 months ($60 Netflix Credit), PRIOR Shomi Cust.

Hey, a nice 'gift' from rogers today....

Just got an email just now from Rogers about the cancellation of Shomi (Dec 1) and then instructions on getting 6-months free Netflix (or $60 netflix credit if you already have it)...

I think I had Shomi with Rogers for free because of my cable package or internet package? Either way, never used it, so was nice to apply the $60 towards my netflix account.

I"m guessing it will apply to everyone who had shomi with Rogers?

from replies:
Link is rogers.com/redeemnetflix

not everyone is eligible for this though. Only those that got notice back in September that they would get 6 free months of netflix due to the cancellation of Shomi.
If you aren't sure, it won't hurt to try. If you aren't eligible, it will tell you so.

**updates***

Seems that you probably need to have had a 2 service bundle with shomi....although someone mentioned it worked with only one service...so it could be 'random'?

there is no 'code', you simply follow the link and it will take you to where you can sign-up or login to existing Netflix account...then a credit will be applied to that netflix account.

**new**
This other promo says you can get 6 months of premium netflix if you're on a 3 bundle, and 3-months if you're on a 2 bundle.....if you're on a 3 bundle maybe try it first? can you combine both?

I think if you go here: https://www.rogers.com/netflixresipromo you get premium.. while if you go here: www.rogers.com/redeemnetflix you get the regular one..

**another update**
Seems that Rogers is all-over-the place with this 'credit'. For many it is working and for many other people that should qualify they are getting the "Sorry, we didn’t recognize your account number and postal code. Please try again.".
Rogers CSR agents are giving people all sorts of excuses like "you haven't used shomi in past 90 days....your shoe size is too small....etc". Many CSR are saying that the rogers website is having issues and to try back with your code in the next 24-48hrs.

So don't despair! you can try back in a few days....or like many on here have done, contacted rogers directly and 'politely' demanded that they get the 6-months (or even more)...which has worked for many it seems.
Last edited by pixelguy on Dec 1st, 2016 11:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
536 replies
Mar 28, 2003
724 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
So, since they give you the credit for netfilx, can't you sign up, get a free month from Netflix, then apply the credit? effectively giving you 7 months of Netflix for free.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2010
33 posts
112 upvotes
swales wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:27 am
What's the instructions?
the email has a link where you put in your existing rogers customer # and postal code....that's it...
May 6, 2010
378 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
pixelguy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:29 am
the email has a link where you put in your existing rogers customer # and postal code....that's it...
Link is rogers.com/redeemnetflix
not everyone is eligible for this though. Only those that got notice back in September that they would get 6 free months of netflix due to the cancellation of Shomi.
If you aren't sure, it won't hurt to try. If you aren't eligible, it will tell you so.
Nov 9, 2013
553 posts
645 upvotes
Barrie
pixelguy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:22 am
Hey, a nice 'gift' from rogers today....

Just got an email just now from Rogers about the cancellation of Shomi (Dec 1) and then instructions on getting 6-months free Netflix (or $60 netflix credit if you already have it)...

I think I had Shomi with Rogers for free because of my cable package or internet package? Either way, never used it, so was nice to apply the $60 towards my netflix account.

I"m guessing it will apply to everyone who had shomi with Rogers?
Can you tell us which bundle you have with Rogers? Internet TV, and phone? Just 2 services?

Trying to figure out why I don't have this yet.
Sep 13, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
RyanD163 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:34 am
Can you tell us which bundle you have with Rogers? Internet TV, and phone? Just 2 services?

I had 3 services. Have you checked your mail? They don't send you an email, it is an actual letter with your code/info.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2010
33 posts
112 upvotes
RyanD163 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:34 am

i have a retention plan with ignite 100u internet and "extra plus" cable package (the one with hbo)....no phones....
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2100 posts
230 upvotes
ncr
nah... standard doesn't have 4k. you need premium package to get 4k.
Oct 23, 2012
44 posts
14 upvotes
For people who already have Netflix, is there a way to take advantage of this offer?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
2140 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hmm... I just tried the link but didn't get anything :(
Nov 9, 2013
553 posts
645 upvotes
Barrie
CEMONSTER wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 11:38 am
I had 3 services. Have you checked your mail? They don't send you an email, it is an actual letter with your code/info.
I haven't, BUT I did use the link provided above and put in my account number, and I was already eligible. Sweet thing is, I already had a 3 month promo going from Rogers, so in total I have a $83.92 credit.

Question though, my 3 month promo was for Premium Netflix. The 6 month must be for standard. What is the difference and will it automatically switch on my account?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
1910 posts
671 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm getting this error when I try to fill in my details "Sorry, we didn’t recognize your account number and postal code. Please try again."
Last edited by yo2boy on Dec 1st, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Sep 21, 2009
23 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got this email too, I had shomi included in my $100 gigabit internet bundle deal from the summer. It's a $59.94 credit added to your Netflix account. Upgraded my plan to 4k for $11.99 per month, basically got 4k Netflix free for 5 months.