Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers: Netflix free for 6 months ($60 Netflix Credit), PRIOR Shomi Cust.

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2017 1:09 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1250 posts
1202 upvotes
Ottawa
Didn't get a letter but contacted Rogers support and had them add my account # to the Netflix redemption list. We have the $7.99 tier (1 screen) so this will cover about 7.5 months of Netflix for us. Not ideal, but better than nothing and I didn't have to waste an hour+ to get it. I'm about 13 months into my contract so I'm losing out on 3.5 months of service. But I'll be switching to a different provider either way when my contract is up in November next year.
Dec 29, 2013
238 posts
68 upvotes
Markham
I've got the internet 100u and cable right now yet they didn't offer me the credit...Rogers suck.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Question: has anyone tried to add this to a subscription paid through iTunes? I can't get it to add the promotion to my account right now. Not sure if error or problem with billing method; or did the people who had problems above redeeming - have they been resolved? I get the same error.
Last edited by milhaus on Dec 3rd, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1993 posts
364 upvotes
Winterpeg
I only have wireless (mobile) account with rogerd....
Early novrmbet i chatted with rogers rep regarding shomi
She said she can only offer spotify
Transferred me to sup
Sup did the same thing and later on gave me 6 months neftlix and credit till the duration of the contract
Sup noted the credit but forgot to add netflix

Dec 1 comes and i cant log in to netfix
Chat again with rogerd
Rogers rep insisted that i was already given credit as promised but no netflix
What the f
Told her to rrad the chat log and she said she did and it matches the credit with no notes about netfli
Transffered to sup
Sup said no notes about netflic..... At this point i am already irritated
I told the sup to read the whole chat not just the last part
She then came back and apologized
I wanted to ask for more because of what happened
Im ok with netflic with credits :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
9356 posts
2211 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Gxgear wrote: It's not arbitrary guys, you have to be on a 2-yr contract offer bundled or otherwise that included Shomi.
No, it is arbitrary. I have 3 services in a bundle on a 2yr plan that included shomi and I am not getting it.
Dec 8, 2010
721 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
I received the code from Rogers for 6 months to access Netflix for free. Should I first register Netflix for a free 1 month trial, then immediately redeem the Rogers/Netflix's code? Will this get me a free Netflix for 7 months? That will be awesome.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
ot: whos on gigabit internet, and getting like half the speeds rated, and u called in to get a 50% off credit? i wonder if that works lol still
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
don242 wrote: No, it is arbitrary. I have 3 services in a bundle on a 2yr plan that included shomi and I am not getting it.
+1... I also have 3 services in a ignite bundle on 2 year term that also had Shomi free for 2 years and I'm told I'm not eligible. The website check returned an error when I plug in my account info and postal code.
Jul 27, 2008
486 posts
599 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote: ot: whos on gigabit internet, and getting like half the speeds rated, and u called in to get a 50% off credit? i wonder if that works lol still
I'm getting 200mbps on gigabit and am getting 50% off my bill. I've had three separate techs come in to troubleshoot. It's getting ridiculous. I lobbied hard to have 100% credit, but no luck.
Feb 1, 2007
861 posts
167 upvotes
Aurora
it automatic stop after 6 months or they will charge you after 6 month?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1668 posts
219 upvotes
So here is my experience. I signed a 2 year 100u contract that included Shomi and Gamecenter. No other services.

I tried plugging my account info in but it didn't work so I went to live chat. I explained that Rogers had changed the contract and that I wanted the 6 months of Netflix as compensation or the equivalent in account credits. The agent offered me 3 months of credit but I wanted 6 so we went to management. I explained the same thing and she gave me the legalese about Rogers giving notice about contract changes etc (wink: I'm a lawyer). I said that it was unfair as the promo was only extended to people who had multiple services and not everyone who had Shomi. I also said that I would file a complaint with the CRTC and Office of the President. She countered that the offer of 3 months was fair and that Shomi wasn't part of my contract. I said fine, I'll file my complaints anyway and take my business elsewhere if $~30 was too much for them to make it right. She came back a few minutes later saying she was going to credit my account for 6 months of Netflix value and that it was a one-time exception (I love how everything positive a CSR does for you is now an exception....) and I thanked her. So press for it, you'll get your credit even with only 1 service. Don't let them screw you over - you'd pay up the butt if you broke a contract with them.
Nov 28, 2013
117 posts
23 upvotes
Scarborough
I got Netflix for 6month and I only 100U internet with Rogers
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Darisan wrote: I got Netflix for 6month and I only 100U internet with Rogers
What did you say to get it?
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Darisan wrote: I got Netflix for 6month and I only 100U internet with Rogers
100U, but are you on a 2 year contract or anything?

Did anyone who only has 100U but on a 1 year guaranteed price NON contract get this?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
mfiguei wrote: got it!
For everyone who got this, can you say what plan you have / bundle you have, and if you're on a contract?
Jun 12, 2010
695 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
rvs007 wrote: +1... I also have 3 services in a ignite bundle on 2 year term that also had Shomi free for 2 years and I'm told I'm not eligible. The website check returned an error when I plug in my account info and postal code.
I'm in the same boat as you EXCEPT I got a letter from rogers saying I can get the Netflix credit. The entry doesn't work on the site though you could try to see if you can get it too
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2894 posts
334 upvotes
GTA
i happened to be on the phone with rogers tech support yesterday when i saw this thread
so i asked, about it, and they mentioned that i wasn't eligible due to not having enough products

after mentioning that Shomi was a part of my package and so on, the rep said they could give me Hollywood Suites package (4 movie channels + Hollywood Suites On Demand) for free for the remainder of my term (just re-signed my cable + internet a couple of months ago for 2 years)

taking a look at the hollywood suites on demand website, there seems to be a decent offering of movies

I'm content with the offer i received, and believe it to be better value than 6 months of Netflix
Feb 28, 2006
39 posts
7 upvotes
Got it! Only have 250U, on two year contract. Did not receive email just tried with my account # and it worked.