Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Post $99 VIP Cable /Gigabit 2 yr term expiry retention deal (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 1:43 am
Sep 16, 2011
889 posts
1431 upvotes
LONDON
adortok wrote: On Rogers website I see Gigabit Internet for $152.99 and Popular TV for $74.99. I was offered the same discounts so after adding modem and box rental it comes to $99.42 all in. Not sure how OP got those different TV/Internet prices...
They offer different pricing for each customer, for example I got offered 158,116,99 within 2 days. I refsed them and put a cancellation request to get the winback email which is not guaranteed. I want the 76.82 all in pricing which includes the gigabit and popular tv.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2298 upvotes
Barrie
zackaroli wrote: Whoever went with the cancellation way, did Rogers mention anything about partial charges since you put a cancellation request then back out? I was told that putting a cancellation then backing out would result in partial charges, I asked them just in case " I change my mind or in case of emergency"
You just set the cancellation for the last day of your billing cycle, then there are NO partial charges. I know this for fact as I did just 8 weeks ago.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
g3lo wrote: What about the NetBox reciever rental?
I have a 4k pvr and there is no rental charge for it.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
adortok wrote: On Rogers website I see Gigabit Internet for $152.99 and Popular TV for $74.99. I was offered the same discounts so after adding modem and box rental it comes to $99.42 all in. Not sure how OP got those different TV/Internet prices...
mine is $76.82 that includes all rental fees for 4k pvr and gigabit wifi modem as well as tax.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
The thing is, Rogers gigabit sucks. That's why they are doing steep discounts, and Bell isn't responding as much. It's like the old telecom days when Rogers had GSM and Bell/Telus invested in CDMA. Then the iPhone came, and Rogers really took off. Now, Rogers is offering steep discounts while they continue to roll-out and update their infrastructure. The discounts are great, not complaining, but the quality sucks. Bell in terms of service, is now superior on this end.

Edited: Still upvoted OP!
Sep 16, 2011
889 posts
1431 upvotes
LONDON
MyNameWasTaken wrote: The thing is, Rogers gigabit sucks. That's why they are doing steep discounts, and Bell isn't responding as much. It's like the old telecom days when Rogers had GSM and Bell/Telus invested in CDMA. Then the iPhone came, and Rogers really took off. Now, Rogers is offering steep discounts while they continue to roll-out and update their infrastructure. The discounts are great, not complaining, but the quality sucks. Bell in terms of service, is now superior on this end.

Edited: Still upvoted OP!

I have the opposite experience, Rogers for me clocks 950 download and 40ish on upload on peek hours. Bell can offer 50 max in my building.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
I’m going to try to call in tomorrow. Thanks OP.
I had the same plan from 2 years ago, it expired a month ago but they didn’t had any good deals so cancelled TV and was able to get gigabit internet at $90.40 all in. No one called me back after I cancelled.

Now I have directTV now which is great but I’ll try to get this deal
Jun 10, 2012
101 posts
48 upvotes
Just called the main number and spoke with the rep.
They were able to apply the extension as of the date my current contract ends, and mentioned that everything should 'stay the same' ... so I hope this means I'll still have the NHL network all access as well. So basically "nothing should change" come the new term... although I'm a little hesitant saying it worked as throughout the 20 minute call there was about 3 minutes of dialogue back and forth for information, and the rest was the rep clicking on a computer. Whether it was done right we will see.

Asked for a 'confirmation ID' and was given an Interaction ID... and I should also be getting a confirmation in my email about this as well.

EDIT - received a confirmation a few minutes later and the details looked sketchy. Called back and spoke to another rep who said everything looks good on their end, and that the 'new method' is to show the full price of the deal and when the term starts the discount comes into effect.

... :-S
Deal Addict
May 22, 2007
1023 posts
174 upvotes
GTA ON
dannycheeko wrote: Just called the main number and spoke with the rep.
They were able to apply the extension as of the date my current contract ends, and mentioned that everything should 'stay the same' ... so I hope this means I'll still have the NHL network all access as well. So basically "nothing should change" come the new term... although I'm a little hesitant saying it worked as throughout the 20 minute call there was about 3 minutes of dialogue back and forth for information, and the rest was the rep clicking on a computer. Whether it was done right we will see.

Asked for a 'confirmation ID' and was given an Interaction ID... and I should also be getting a confirmation in my email about this as well.

EDIT - received a confirmation a few minutes later and the details looked sketchy. Called back and spoke to another rep who said everything looks good on their end, and that the 'new method' is to show the full price of the deal and when the term starts the discount comes into effect.

... :-S
When does your current promo expire?
Jan 17, 2012
312 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Just yesterday I got from the retention team Gigabit Internet + Select TV with PVR for 64.99 for a year, no contract.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2298 upvotes
Barrie
I just got Popular TV, Gigabit Internet and basic home phone for a friend for $91.00+tx a month yesterday so these deals are still on going.
Sep 16, 2011
889 posts
1431 upvotes
LONDON
I decided to remove the TV and kept the cable GIG for 34.99 / 1 year.
Mar 14, 2011
384 posts
207 upvotes
GTA
Rogers maxes out at 500 down for me but realistically it's about 200 very inconsistent wired speeds, but bell has 1.5GBPS infrastructure in my building for 50 a month. I like having VIP tv but those speeds are nuts.
Mar 7, 2011
35 posts
8 upvotes
Whitby
zackaroli wrote: I decided to remove the TV and kept the cable GIG for 34.99 / 1 year.
How did you do this? They offered me Premium TV and Gig internet for $110 taxes in and I asked what it would be for internet only and she said $90 taxes in.
Oct 21, 2013
312 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RunnerForDeals wrote: I just got Popular TV, Gigabit Internet and basic home phone for a friend for $91.00+tx a month yesterday so these deals are still on going.
Mind sharing your process here? Just called in and was offered Popular/Gigabit for $115 all-in, that was it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2298 upvotes
Barrie
paperplanez wrote: Mind sharing your process here? Just called in and was offered Popular/Gigabit for $115 all-in, that was it.
Ya I got offered the same so I told them to add in home phone and try and get me the best deal. They came back with the $91 offer next.
Oct 21, 2013
312 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks!

Insane that 3 services = $91 all in and that 2 services = $115
Mar 7, 2011
35 posts
8 upvotes
Whitby
They are offering me
Popular TV and Rogers Ignite Gigabit internet for $88.12/month including taxes for 24 months. Not quite $76 but getting closer
Dec 5, 2002
326 posts
236 upvotes
Do you lose the "premium channel" (e.g. TMN/HBO) when moving from VIP to Premier?

EDIT: I believe I was mistaken. VIP never had the premium channel, but the "Extra Plus", "Extra Sports" and "Extra Lifestyle" packages did.
May 18, 2010
504 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
Got this deal as a new customer. Tried calling in. Was quoted $130. I denied. 1 week later this offer was made. Thanks everyone!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)