Rogers shutting down Mobilicity

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2016 6:32 pm
163 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1415 posts
145 upvotes
No grandfathering. It's been a good run. I knew $26 after tax unlimited plan couldn't last forever.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7632 posts
1399 upvotes
stock_junkie wrote: No grandfathering. It's been a good run. I knew $26 unlimited plan couldn't last forever.
+1

It's not hard to keep the current plan and coverage area.
Aug 25, 2011
144 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
farewell and thanks for the memories.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2012
1765 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
Crap .. got a few lines in family on Mobilictity - everyone with talk and text $15 . .

Comparable Chatr plan is $35!! Whats the option here?
Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t15.htm

An Android a day keeps the Apple away.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5554 posts
2111 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
AndroidRootGuy wrote: Crap .. got a few lines in family on Mobilictity - everyone with talk and text $15 . .

Maybe they'll offer Mobi customers slightly better Chat-r plans than those listed on the website. Otherwise, you can move to Public Mobile or Wind.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5554 posts
2111 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
From the article: "“They will offer similar features and in a lot of cases offer more value.". LOL, I'd like to see what this "value" is? Perhaps national coverage, but still....

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1860 posts
1968 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dealseaker101 wrote: From the article: "“They will offer similar features and in a lot of cases offer more value.". LOL, I'd like to see what this "value" is? Perhaps national coverage, but still....
Bro, this is Rogers we're talking about. They mentioned similar features and offering more value, but see how they clearly omitted something along the lines of "similar or reasonable monthly costs". So yea, sure they'll offer more value but just like the choose your own cable channels, they'll molest you come the monthly bill.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5554 posts
2111 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Cue RFD Mobi customers and their "lifetime" plans. There's going to be a riot and bonfire on RFD for sure. When Rogers bought Mobilicity, some RFD Mobi customers mentioned of wanting to start a lawsuit to protect their "lifetime" plans. :rolleyes:

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Banned
Apr 9, 2016
208 posts
9 upvotes
AndroidRootGuy wrote: Crap .. got a few lines in family on Mobilictity - everyone with talk and text $15 . .

Wind Mobile if its just talk and text. $ 25 plan will get you that and some more, than your current $ 15 Mobi plan.
Nov 13, 2013
889 posts
1678 upvotes
Kingston, ON
hot deal or what? you think its worthwhile to switch to Mobilicity now and reap benefits when it turns into ChatR? Hoping for grandfathered unlimited plans not to change...