Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers Wireless] Sportsnet ($24.99/month) Goes Direct to Consumers to Target Cord-Cutters

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2016 3:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8532 upvotes
GTHA

[Rogers Wireless] Sportsnet ($24.99/month) Goes Direct to Consumers to Target Cord-Cutters

Deal Link:
Price:
$24.99
More offers from Rogers Wireless
Read this at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... get-879659

Launches April 1st

With a subscription to Sportsnet NOW, customers will receive:

-- Live streaming of Sportsnet Ontario, East, Pacific, West, ONE, and 360 – online, on tablets, and through mobile devices

-- Content includes:
· NHL*, MLB, NBA, junior hockey, soccer, tennis, Grand Slam of Curling, IndyCar, CIS, Tour de France, and much more
· Original programming such as Tim & Sid, Sportsnet Central, Hockey Central, Gotta See It, Misplays, Plays of the Month, and Sportsnet Presents

Pricing:
-- Live streaming for $24.99 (plus applicable taxes) on a month-to-month basis
-- 7-day trial period for new subscribers
-- Included for existing cable, IPTV, and satellite customers

Subscriptions, Downloads, and Devices:
-- Sports fans can subscribe directly to Sportsnet NOW via Sportsnet.ca/NOW, then stream on a PC or laptop from a web browser at now.sportsnet.ca
-- The Sportsnet app will be available via the iTunes App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and compatible with Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, as well as Android mobile and tablet devices. Apple TV and other additional platforms to be announced in the near future for direct-to-consumer purchase.

The video platform for Sportsnet NOW is provided by NeuLion Inc.

*Regional restrictions apply. Content availability subject to change. Visit Sportsnet.ca/NOW for full details.
133 replies
Jan 2, 2014
42 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Hahahahahhahaahahahahah that price hahahhahahahahaha
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
957 upvotes
Victoria
MaximumSpeed wrote: Hahahahahhahaahahahahah that price hahahhahahahahaha
Does that mean to say you know of a cheaper way of getting the same content at the same video quality?
Nov 24, 2011
722 posts
411 upvotes
Ottawa
What a joke, should be $4.99 monthly.. max.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
Only one concurrent stream per account, better be forever alone to enjoy this service.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17304 posts
5172 upvotes
Toronto
Price is a joke. As others have said $4.99/month is about right.
Aug 24, 2005
769 posts
345 upvotes
Etobicoke
Wow. The price seems excessive. I think they are betting ppl will subscribe for Jays, but for that price I would just get mlb TV assuming they are still not blacking out local Jays game. Last year they didn't
Sep 9, 2014
544 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
MaxPower19 wrote: Does that mean to say you know of a cheaper way of getting the same content at the same video quality?
At this price, you are much better off actually paying for cable and get TSN AND Sportsnets. Especially if you watch a lot since this will use a lot of your bandwidth and you may go over your cap. This price is insulting and should never ever be in this forum.
Jan 2, 2014
42 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
MaxPower19 wrote: Does that mean to say you know of a cheaper way of getting the same content at the same video quality?
That means I pay $20 more for cable that includes all their channels plus hundreds more
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
[QUOTE]Pricing:

Included for existing cable, IPTV, and satellite customers[/QUOTE]

Does this mean if you get the $25 skinny package this service is included? What would be the incentive for someone to pay 24.99 for this service if they can get the basic + this for pretty much the same price? I must be missing something here.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1136 posts
460 upvotes
Sask
Cheapowill wrote: Wow. The price seems excessive. I think they are betting ppl will subscribe for Jays, but for that price I would just get mlb TV assuming they are still not blacking out local Jays game. Last year they didn't
Are they the seller of mlb tv? If not I bet they will try and black out jays games now that they have their own service. The only reason they haven't done that with the NHL is because Rogers are the ones who sell nhl gamecentre subscriptions in canada.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1136 posts
460 upvotes
Sask
markom wrote: Does this mean if you get the $25 skinny package this service is included? What would be the incentive for someone to pay 24.99 for this service if they can get the basic + this for pretty much the same price? I must be missing something here.
Does the skinny package even include any sports channels at all?
Aug 24, 2005
769 posts
345 upvotes
Etobicoke
ced2334 wrote: Are they the seller of mlb tv? If not I bet they will try and black out jays games now that they have their own service. The only reason they haven't done that with the NHL is because Rogers are the ones who sell nhl gamecentre subscriptions in canada.
No you subscribe directly with mlb, they drop the price this year too
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
ced2334 wrote: Does the skinny package even include any sports channels at all?
Nope, I guess when they say included with cable you actually have to have skinny + sportsnet on cable.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
3808 posts
2610 upvotes
Ottawa
Hahahahhaahahahhahhahaahaha

*deep breath*

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That price is beyond a joke. Ridiculous.