Rogers Terminating 'Financially Inefficient' Accounts

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 7:20 am
[OP]
Apr 4, 2017
567 posts
309 upvotes

Rogers Terminating 'Financially Inefficient' Accounts

A few members in the '[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans' thread have had their accounts terminated by the Office of the President at Rogers for being 'financially inefficient' (too many inquiries/credits and calls to customer service on account, etc).

Examples:
Wheezser wrote:
Sep 27th, 2019 12:11 pm
I called yesterday to ask about the $60 for 15 gig deal and my advisor from The Office of the President told me no and then proceeded to send me an email saying that they are cancelling my service because they cannot provide me with adequate service anymore. The next few days are going to be fun!
munchkin2221 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2019 8:09 pm
Has anyone ever been messaged from the office of the president and have your services terminated? I just had it happen.... gave me 30 days and said good bye we don't want your business.... I had a legendary plan but they gave it to me! They said an internal review flagged me and their is nothing I can do.... Kinda rattled I always pay my bills.... I had $400 in overages the last two month coincidentally and feel so cheated...

Some threads from the Rogers community forums regarding this issue:
https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/A ... d-p/445448
https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/A ... d-p/432392

Thoughts?
Last edited by IHavocI on Oct 8th, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Aug 23, 2019
511 posts
244 upvotes
considering they are regulated by CRTC, not sure they can do that.

how's that fair?
-protection from competition : check
-price manipulation: check
-unethical business practices: check
-can fire customers at will: check

looks like they hold all the cards. What's next.

If it wasn't such a highly regulated industry / so protected, I would say - good they can fire who ever they want.. But considering they benefit from GOVERNMENT intervention... that's total BS.
[OP]
Apr 4, 2017
567 posts
309 upvotes
Doebird wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 7:54 pm
considering they are regulated by CRTC, not sure they can do that.

how's that fair?
-protection from competition : check
-price manipulation: check
-unethical business practices: check
-can fire customers at will: check

looks like they hold all the cards. What's next.

If it wasn't such a highly regulated industry / so protected, I would say - good they can fire who ever they want.. But considering they benefit from GOVERNMENT intervention... that's total BS.
The CRTC informed the customer that it's within their right to terminate his account:
munchkin2221 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 3:20 pm
The kicker is the CRTC told me it's within their right provided they give 30 days notice! This is definitely a story. How many has this happened to? I know I haven't been abusing call in privileges as I have had my plan for multiple years.... The nerve on the company abandoning customers and raising the prices on it's remaining more ignorant base should be a punishable offence.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11774 posts
11413 upvotes
Oakville
Sounds like those users got extra greedy, asking for more when they already has sweetheart deals grandfathered? No?
Anyways, they have other options, just switch to teksavvy or something.

Also, LOL at a dealseeker with $400 in overages. wtf

I don't know why anyone are signed up with scum like Bell/Rogers in the first place.
Aug 23, 2019
511 posts
244 upvotes
IHavocI wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 7:59 pm
The CRTC informed the customer that it's within their right to terminate his account:
that's actually crazy.
they should start a class action lawsuit.. what a load of BS that is.. so CRTC/government gives these companies freedom to do whatever they want with ZERO competition.. they collude on prices... then when someone has "too good of a good deal" with them, they cut them off??

wow..
That's like them signing contracts with all of us for 10gb plan, and then CANCELLING the deal all together..... what a fraud. this is absurd.

I think everyone that had their service terminated should band together... Contact CBC marketplace.. Keep those letters!!! call a lawyer... this is crazy.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2157 posts
1141 upvotes
I don't understand why the people who complain about Bell/Rogers/Telus's pricing don't just buy shares in the companies. Instead of wasting so much effort complaining? What's wrong with the phrase, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6935 posts
2154 upvotes
Mississauga
Lol. That's awesome. I like it!
[OP]
Apr 4, 2017
567 posts
309 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 8:31 pm
Sounds like those users got extra greedy, asking for more when they already has sweetheart deals grandfathered? No?
Anyways, they have other options, just switch to teksavvy or something.

Also, LOL at a dealseeker with $400 in overages. wtf

I don't know why anyone are signed up with scum like Bell/Rogers in the first place.
I happily left, but their winback offer pulled me back in.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
3330 posts
2529 upvotes
We've discussed this ad nauseam before. No point starting another thread to say the same stuff all over again.

Recall this:
rogers-terminating-my-services-2292595/#p31067557
Friendly reminder: South Street is the second coming of Licks, and Works Burger is a bad ripoff of Red Robin put out by those purveyors of garbage, MTY Shit Restaurants Group.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
3330 posts
2529 upvotes
Doebird wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 7:54 pm
considering they paid off the CRTC and have them in their back pocket, of course they can do that.
Fixed. One need only compare CRTC's handling of Robbers getting into the wireline phone business, vs Bell/Telus getting into the TV business, as proof of that.
Friendly reminder: South Street is the second coming of Licks, and Works Burger is a bad ripoff of Red Robin put out by those purveyors of garbage, MTY Shit Restaurants Group.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
5709 posts
3757 upvotes
The code should be amended and the like of Rogers should be forced to offer a cellphone service, just like they are forced to offer Internet access and landline phone access. Many people nowadays forego any landline and only use a cellphone, this would effectively deprive people of phone access.

Big deal that some people are smart enough to exploit loopholes that they are too dumb to fix. They are already a privileged oligopoly. Suck it up.
Jan 16, 2008
237 posts
70 upvotes
Brampton
Those made their decisions to sleep with the devil, deserve the outcome. Learn from this and vote with your wallet, regardless of CRTC or government policy. Until then, stop complain about Robellus.
From Rogers-Free for 15+ Years, Free of Bell 10+ Years, and Telus-Free of 5+ years
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1385 posts
359 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
MyLastWord wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 3:54 pm
Those made their decisions to sleep with the devil, deserve the outcome. Learn from this and vote with your wallet, regardless of CRTC or government policy. Until then, stop complain about Robellus.
From Rogers-Free for 15+ Years, Free of Bell 10+ Years, and Telus-Free of 5+ years
Who do you use?
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11774 posts
11413 upvotes
Oakville
MyLastWord wrote:
+1, I've been with Teksavvy or Start.ca for at least 20 years I think.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13364 posts
1957 upvotes
Toronto
MyLastWord wrote:
Who is your Internet/Cell Phone/TV Provider then?

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless