Shopping Discussion

Rogers Terminating 'Financially Inefficient' Accounts

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 7:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6064 posts
4325 upvotes
MyLastWord wrote: Those made their decisions to sleep with the devil, deserve the outcome. Learn from this and vote with your wallet, regardless of CRTC or government policy. Until then, stop complain about Robellus.
From Rogers-Free for 15+ Years, Free of Bell 10+ Years, and Telus-Free of 5+ years
That's called a choice that's not really a choice, when it becomes virtually impossible to function in society if you "choose" it. For instance, can you really say that you're never going to email anyone with a gmail or hotmail account because they don't respect privacy?
Jan 16, 2008
271 posts
94 upvotes
Brampton
caltran wrote: Who do you use?
Teksavvy for Internet/Home phone, Shaw for TV and Zoomer for Cell.
You would not hear me complaint about Robelus again. If any complain would about Tek or Shaw or Zoomer. You have choices (even if limited). Choose wisely.

From this thread, the way I see it it's the small-greed vs the big-greed.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4339 posts
701 upvotes
Waterloo
engineered wrote: Sounds like those users got extra greedy, asking for more when they already has sweetheart deals grandfathered? No?
Anyways, they have other options, just switch to teksavvy or something.

Also, LOL at a dealseeker with $400 in overages. wtf

I don't know why anyone are signed up with scum like Bell/Rogers in the first place.
From what I can make out, the people who got cancelled were heavy users of phone calls to Rogers to ask for more deals and kept on calling. Last I remember , each phone call costs about $30. So for example one person called 112 times in a month. 30X112 = 3360.

Yeah thats expensive.
----
Pay it forward.
Jan 16, 2008
271 posts
94 upvotes
Brampton
Supahhh wrote: From what I can make out, the people who got cancelled were heavy users of phone calls to Rogers to ask for more deals and kept on calling. Last I remember , each phone call costs about $30. So for example one person called 112 times in a month. 30X112 = 3360.

Yeah thats expensive.
And we know this because the effectiveness of this very RFD forum, of the many threads suggested other RFDers about 'Grandfather plan' this, 'Retention plan' that. Now we also know the the Office of the President of Rogers do read RFD forum and closed the loophole.
Where to now?Winking Face
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3457 posts
2090 upvotes
Vancouver
There's two sides to this and playing devil's advocate...

From a business side of view, business are in it to make money. If they find a source that is costing them money, they will look for ways to fix it. One such way is stop doing business with the individual. Since this is better for their bottom line, it really makes sense for them to do it. As far as legal or not, i'm guessing they got a department of lawyers that concluded its legal to do.
Jul 21, 2019
328 posts
640 upvotes
About time a company starts doing this, all companies should. People need to learn the customer is not always right and not entitled to anything.
I used to work for an ISP, and there were customers that cost us thousands of dollars and hours and we never cancelled them and always were nice to them, it shouldn't be that way, it's a business and if you are not generating the business money they have every right to not offer you service.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4339 posts
701 upvotes
Waterloo
MyLastWord wrote: And we know this because the effectiveness of this very RFD forum, of the many threads suggested other RFDers about 'Grandfather plan' this, 'Retention plan' that. Now we also know the the Office of the President of Rogers do read RFD forum and closed the loophole.
Where to now?Winking Face
I rarely call rogers ( or any other service provider for that matter since I hate talking to them and know if I do I will end up cancelling the service ). it took me two ( maybe 3 ) calls to get the deal I wanted. So I have to wonder what the people who are calling Rogers 50 or a 100+ time are doing?

IMHO its not at all about the deals. But the callers tying up phone lines.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3457 posts
2090 upvotes
Vancouver
Supahhh wrote: I rarely call rogers ( or any other service provider for that matter since I hate talking to them and know if I do I will end up cancelling the service ). it took me two ( maybe 3 ) calls to get the deal I wanted. So I have to wonder what the people who are calling Rogers 50 or a 100+ time are doing?

IMHO its not at all about the deals. But the callers tying up phone lines.
Agreed... most of the time if i call any company, its about warranty. The last time i called a ISP was due to service not working (not to get credit). Otherwise its them calling me after i cancelled and switched
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13840 posts
2354 upvotes
Toronto
MyLastWord wrote: Teksavvy for Internet/Home phone, Shaw for TV and Zoomer for Cell.
You would not hear me complaint about Robelus again. If any complain would about Tek or Shaw or Zoomer. You have choices (even if limited). Choose wisely.

From this thread, the way I see it it's the small-greed vs the big-greed.
Teksavvy for Internet/Home Phone = Rogers or Bell rebranded services
Zoomer Wireless = Rogers Cell Service

Granted, you are not paying them directly but you are STILL using services from the 4 Mafia Families.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13840 posts
2354 upvotes
Toronto
[removed]
I had Teksavvy for years and still do for home phone. Their cable support issues can be stressful as you are stuck between Teksavvy opening tickets to Rogers tossing the issue back.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 10th, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and your response were removed

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless