Entertainment

Rogers TV Customers: Four New HD Channels (free til March)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2008 11:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes

Rogers TV Customers: Four New HD Channels (free til March)

For those interested, Rogers TV added four new High Definition channels:

Treasure HD - 548
Oasis HD - 549
Equator HD - 550
Rush HD - 551

24/7 HD and commercial free. These are free until March.

More info on the channels here:

www.hifihdtv.ca

C.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2469 posts
1415 upvotes
Civuck wrote: For those interested, Rogers TV added four new High Definition channels:

Treasure HD - 548
Oasis HD - 549
Equator HD - 550
Rush HD - 551

24/7 HD and commercial free. These are free until March.

More info on the channels here:

www.hifihdtv.ca

C.
Thanks, though I've never even HEARD of these channels :lol:
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10908 posts
1061 upvotes
Mississauga
OASIS HD is the first nature channel committed to continuous, clutter-free programming, showcasing the endless beauty of the natural world. Oasis HD lets viewers explore, reflect, and embrace the essence of our exquisite planet, with stories woven together from the finest Canadian and international documentary programming available.

EQUATOR HD brings the world's most intriguing places and people into intimate and personal contact, with exclusive stories of remote cultures, rare geography and unique rituals that hold a mirror to ourselves and how we interact with the planet. Equator HD takes viewers on the incredible paths that connect us all.

RUSH HD is Canada's high-octane, no-fear, no-limits extreme sports HD Channel, exploring the human need to completely ignore the physical limits. Imagine launching yourself off a thousand-foot cliff with nothing but a hand-held parachute, and a serious hope that it works. If it challenges the human spirit, Rush HD brings it to you.

TREASURE HD is about exploration, the thrill of the hunt, and the joy of discovering that rare unique find. From the sunken treasures off the Florida Keys to incredible flea market finds; from the eccentric collection of The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum to a compilation of every Pez dispenser ade, Treasure HD takes you there.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
Tijuana wrote: OASIS HD is the first nature channel committed to continuous, clutter-free programming, showcasing the endless beauty of the natural world. Oasis HD lets viewers explore, reflect, and embrace the essence of our exquisite planet, with stories woven together from the finest Canadian and international documentary programming available.

EQUATOR HD brings the world's most intriguing places and people into intimate and personal contact, with exclusive stories of remote cultures, rare geography and unique rituals that hold a mirror to ourselves and how we interact with the planet. Equator HD takes viewers on the incredible paths that connect us all.

RUSH HD is Canada's high-octane, no-fear, no-limits extreme sports HD Channel, exploring the human need to completely ignore the physical limits. Imagine launching yourself off a thousand-foot cliff with nothing but a hand-held parachute, and a serious hope that it works. If it challenges the human spirit, Rush HD brings it to you.

TREASURE HD is about exploration, the thrill of the hunt, and the joy of discovering that rare unique find. From the sunken treasures off the Florida Keys to incredible flea market finds; from the eccentric collection of The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum to a compilation of every Pez dispenser ade, Treasure HD takes you there.
Hot damn that sounds good.

In the UK i used to watch this program called One Place One Hour. All it was, was a HD camera setup in some place in Europe just recording a different view in the city. You would see the morning traffic and people setting up shop, or the boats sailing on the river. Mundane stuff, but in HD it looked great. I'd like to see that brought to N.America.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
Those channels sound interesting ...

but where is SpaceHD? I want to watch the final season of Battlestar in HD. :mad:
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2045 posts
74 upvotes
I have been getting these channels for free when I switched to Aurora Cable. Great for people who like watching the outdoors and extreme sports.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
originalnutta wrote: Hot damn that sounds good.

In the UK i used to watch this program called One Place One Hour. All it was, was a HD camera setup in some place in Europe just recording a different view in the city. You would see the morning traffic and people setting up shop, or the boats sailing on the river. Mundane stuff, but in HD it looked great. I'd like to see that brought to N.America.
Sounds like a very interesting idea - I would like to see that too.

C.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
Civuck wrote: Sounds like a very interesting idea - I would like to see that too.

C.
Very simple to do, and it was always on in the early mornings. so it feels like you'r experiencing an early rise with the rest of the world.

Every now and then it would tell you which city. I think the best ones i saw were Istanbul, Rome, and Lyon. It wasn't on any landmark or anything. Just of of an everyday view of an intersection, dock, building or bridge or whatever. Sometimes the camera would be setup on the median between two lanes of traffic. Very cool, and the visuals were breath taking.

Wish i could find a link or any info on this program. :(
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13159 posts
3725 upvotes
Mississauga
Tijuana wrote: OASIS HD is the first nature channel committed to continuous, clutter-free programming, showcasing the endless beauty of the natural world. Oasis HD lets viewers explore, reflect, and embrace the essence of our exquisite planet, with stories woven together from the finest Canadian and international documentary programming available.

Very interesting, thanks! Oasis and Equator in particular sound really interesting. Remember when TLC used to air nature/history documentaries before they became the Jon & Kate + 8 Network? Even the Discovery Channel focuses on different things now.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
Carnage wrote: Those channels sound interesting ...

but where is SpaceHD? I want to watch the final season of Battlestar in HD. :mad:
Good luck with that :) . At least you get Space. I'm stuck with the A-Channel. They are just finishing up the first 10 episodes of season 4. Which is a hell of a lot quicker than when City Tv aired the show. So I guess I shouldn't complain though City Tv has a HD channel and A-Channel doesn't. grumple
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote: the HDNet channel has some interesting shows :|
It does although it does tend to be a bit more skewed towards the guys for programming. These new channels are certainly more family/wife friendly.

C.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Still bitter about the TSN2 fiasco. This is not enough for me to forgive them.
Aug 25, 2005
74 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Cas77 wrote: Still bitter about the TSN2 fiasco. This is not enough for me to forgive them.
Bitter? Seriously now...
Jan 24, 2007
334 posts
22 upvotes
carnage wrote: those channels sound interesting ...

But where is spacehd? I want to watch the final season of battlestar in hd. :mad:

+1
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
3030 posts
348 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: Still bitter about the TSN2 fiasco. This is not enough for me to forgive them.
wat exactly is the tsn2 fiasco?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
neato.

Also speedHD is free right now.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
Badman wrote: neato.

Also speedHD is free right now.
Thanks, just found out it's channel 504.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)