Rogers Ultimate and Ultimate Fibre speed increase

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2013 6:30 pm
Dec 12, 2013
104 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto

Rogers Ultimate and Ultimate Fibre speed increase

Rogers have increased there speeds for their Ultimate and Ultimate Fibre Packages.
Not sure if this has been posted but, looks like the speed increase on Ultimate and Ultimate Fibre has arrived. With a nice cap increase too. You can call in now to get it if you have the proper equipment.

Ultimate
250Mbps download
20Mbps upload
1TB cap
$125.99/month

Ultimate Fibre
350Mbps download
350Mbps upload
2TB cap
$225.99/month

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeed ... faultPlans

I Currently Have the 150/10 Ultimate package, once I heard about this increase in speeds I immediately called them to increase me to new speeds and it was done instantly. Please note that you will require the newer 12$ a month Hitron CGN3 modem to be able to access the new speeds of 250/20.

Also Another cool thing I found out after the upgrade was even thought it says 1TB of data usage, on my Rogers account online it says Unlimited for data usuge which is pretty cool. All these increases with no additional monthly billing increase for me :D
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
pcmania wrote: You can call in now to get it if you have the proper equipment.
OMG that's so cool, which employee do i say referred me to this cool deal...
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
shabby wrote: OMG that's so cool, which employee do i say referred me to this cool deal...
Lol, are you contesting OP's genuineness here? Yeah, looks pretty suspicious to see someone with less than a handful of posts blogging about how wonderful it is to pay a king's ransom for home internet.
Dec 12, 2013
104 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
shabby wrote: OMG that's so cool, which employee do i say referred me to this cool deal...
its not a deal, if you already have an ultimate package you can simply call in to get the new increased speeds. they are not going to increase you automatically unless you call them.
Also I am not an employee for rogers or anything, just found out about this from a friend and decided to share about this on here. since it has not been posted yet.
Dec 12, 2013
104 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: Lol, are you contesting OP's genuineness here? Yeah, looks pretty suspicious to see someone with less than a handful of posts blogging about how wonderful it is to pay a king's ransom for home internet.
I dont understand what I am doing wrong here? I am not telling people to get these plans or anything. I am Simply informing people that already have these packages/plans can increase there speeds/ data usage for free with no extra cost. The previous ultimate package was 150/10, the new speeds are 250/20. just call rogers and ask them to update your speeds. I am sorry, If i was not making it clear in my original post. Also I dont see what my post count has anything to do with this. yes I am a new member, but I have been browsing these forums for a long time before i decided to make an account recently.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Your not doing anything wrong, people here hate on Rogers, for their own reasons so expect hate anytime rogers is mentioned lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2012
1132 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
not offering in markham, thornhill and richmond hill yet
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
pcmania wrote: I dont understand what I am doing wrong here? I am not telling people to get these plans or anything. I am Simply informing people that already have these packages/plans can increase there speeds/ data usage for free with no extra cost. The previous ultimate package was 150/10, the new speeds are 250/20. just call rogers and ask them to update your speeds. I am sorry, If i was not making it clear in my original post. Also I dont see what my post count has anything to do with this. yes I am a new member, but I have been browsing these forums for a long time before i decided to make an account recently.
Guilty by pontential association! There have been instances where people start accounts to promote an "agenda". Promoting Rogers offerings unless it is a hot deal raises huge suspicions amongst the many in the RFD community. So, if you come with good intentions, sorry for over reacting.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
pcmania wrote: I Currently Have the 150/10 Ultimate package, once I heard about this increase in speeds I immediately called them to increase me to new speeds and it was done instantly. Please note that you will require the newer 12$ a month Hitron CGN3 modem to be able to access the new speeds of 250/20.
Ah man, a new hitron modem. I just bought mine last year.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
r1lee wrote: Ah man, a new hitron modem. I just bought mine last year.
Big mistake considering they are offering them with no rental fee.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10107 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on the old ultimate (75/2) and just switched back to the Cisco gateway because I couldn't stand the Hitron hardware. The 1TB cap is nice but I average around 200GBish.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
will888 wrote: Big mistake considering they are offering them with no rental fee.
The package I'm on, I would have to pay the fee. I get 50% off of my cable.
Dec 12, 2013
104 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I am currently on some kind of discount I received last year called Multi product discount which gives me 70% off my internet. which is why I got the ultimate package, the 70% discount also applies to the modem rental so its a super good value. I am really liking this new modem, only issue is it seems the port forwarding doesnt seem to be working....
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
r1lee wrote: The package I'm on, I would have to pay the fee. I get 50% off of my cable.
I hope it comes out better than $45 for 300 gigs with free modem rental.