Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers Wireless

$60 10GB (previously 5+5) BYOD Unlimited calling plan

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2019 7:26 pm
Feb 12, 2017
35 posts
2 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: So Monday would be ONE business day, and Tuesday would be TWO business days. So you are not there yet.

I suspect we will all start seeing this straighten put tomorrow and Wednesday.
Oops my bad. Thanks.
Jan 27, 2014
39 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone successfully called in? Called 1 800 898 2355 but it's not going through
Don't have a good day, have a GREAT day!
Oct 9, 2017
91 posts
60 upvotes
For anyone who is having a hard time getting though to speak to anyone, I just called their 1-888-764-3771 number and followed the prompts to CANCEL ACCOUNT, and was talking to someone in Retentions dept in 20 SECONDS, literally.
Now that I'm actually cancelling I've been on hold for over 25m, of course.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Well - after doing the math and considering my needs I found out I could move to a new lower price EPP plan at $56/mo with 5 GB AND the ability to get a new phone in 3 months when my contract is up. I could get a Galaxy S8 for $15 now and pay the $50 penalty but I'll way and see what the S9 looks like.

Thing is I just don't use more than 4 GB /mo ever and the phone subsidy is worth more $$ than the data I'll almost never need. Even if I go over 5GB it's still way cheaper than buying a good phone cash.
Last edited by kool1 on Dec 18th, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
you can buy out your existing tab, and get on this $60 plan right?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Oscar11 wrote: you can buy out your existing tab, and get on this $60 plan right?
Yes
Oct 13, 2009
17 posts
3 upvotes
I'm still hesitating. We are on a share everything plan right now with a corporate discount. If we switch, it's going to be three different plans. So next time Robbers raises their prices, all three plans will get more expensive. Right now, only the main account would be affected, the add-on lines would not.
Mar 20, 2012
80 posts
7 upvotes
If I'm looking to do a HUP, are there any other equivalent plans? I'm fine with paying a little more, assuming that when the tab is paid, the extra $$ drops off.
Nov 17, 2003
565 posts
153 upvotes
Deal extended until tomorrow for existing customers?

In response to MobileSyrup‘s request for comment, Rogers apologized for the wait and promised it would extend the offers for existing customers until tomorrow. “We’ve seen tremendous response from Canadians and thank everyone for their patience and apologize for any wait,” said the carrier. “These offers expire for new Rogers and new Fido customers today (except Fido BYOP in Ontario). Because of overwhelming demand and longer wait times we will honour the offers for our existing customers for tomorrow only. Our Fido Bring Your Own Phone offer goes until tomorrow end of day in Ontario.
Jan 22, 2008
208 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Two things:

1. Will the 12% Better Choice Bundle discount still apply on top of this?

2. I noticed it comes with Enhanced Voicemail rather than Visual Voicemail. How much extra would that be to upgrade?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1081 posts
101 upvotes
kept on getting a busy signal.....took 20mins just to get into queue....then waited 1.5hrs....then got kicked off....gotta call again!....good luck to everyone!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2984 posts
2445 upvotes
Mississauga
flygirlk wrote: If I'm looking to do a HUP, are there any other equivalent plans? I'm fine with paying a little more, assuming that when the tab is paid, the extra $$ drops off.
no always. For example, I signed for a $110 6gb share everything plan two years back. Was told that the BYOD price at the time was $20 less. Fast forward to present day when my tab is paid off, the said the prices of plans increased. So the current in market offer was $130 (for my exact same plan) and $110 for the BYOD. Meaning, if I changed out of my grandfather pricing, I wouldn't get the $20 taken off (if I cleared my tab back then).

So careful, cause telcos reserve the rights to raise the prices of the plans, but they typically 'grandfather' existing plans/prices with nominal increases here and there
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Mar 20, 2012
80 posts
7 upvotes
vinnie1990 wrote: no always. For example, I signed for a $110 6gb share everything plan two years back. Was told that the BYOD price at the time was $20 less. Fast forward to present day when my tab is paid off, the said the prices of plans increased. So the current in market offer was $130 (for my exact same plan) and $110 for the BYOD. Meaning, if I changed out of my grandfather pricing, I wouldn't get the $20 taken off (if I cleared my tab back then).

So careful, cause telcos reserve the rights to raise the prices of the plans, but they typically 'grandfather' existing plans/prices with nominal increases here and there
INTERESTING. I'm looking to upgrade to the iPhone X, but I think I might be better off buying it outright, and sticking with the $60/10GB plan.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2984 posts
2445 upvotes
Mississauga
flygirlk wrote: INTERESTING. I'm looking to upgrade to the iPhone X, but I think I might be better off buying it outright, and sticking with the $60/10GB plan.
correct :). But honestly, my gut feeling is that 2 years from now, telcos will prob offer this or more data for the same or less of a price. There are some interesting things happening down south that I think telcos here will adopt sooner or latter (unlimited plans, etc.)
Vinh
Jul 29, 2014
3 posts
Ottawa
Is this offer national? Can I use it if I am currently on a Rogers Quebec plan? It would be $2/month cheaper but with 3GB of data more each month.
Has anyone in Quebec been able to switch to this plan successfully?

Thank you!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1736 posts
405 upvotes
Website not working.
Chat not working.
Phone line won't even go through.

damit. Wish I would have just taken the deal when I called on saturday.

Anyone got any numbers or tips for getting through?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2984 posts
2445 upvotes
Mississauga
Vanny106 wrote: Is this offer national? Can I use it if I am currently on a Rogers Quebec plan? It would be $2/month cheaper but with 3GB of data more each month.
Has anyone in Quebec been able to switch to this plan successfully?

Thank you!
not available in QC. You just missed their 7+ 2gb bonus on BF or shortly before. My coworker got that one. Prob wait till boxing day and see what they offer. I don't think this will just be a one off
Vinh
Mar 20, 2012
80 posts
7 upvotes
vinnie1990 wrote: correct :). But honestly, my gut feeling is that 2 years from now, telcos will prob offer this or more data for the same or less of a price. There are some interesting things happening down south that I think telcos here will adopt sooner or latter (unlimited plans, etc.)
I miss the days of Corp350 and being able to HUP and keep the same plan! :)
Dec 27, 2008
518 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver
chandans wrote: Website not working.
Chat not working.
Phone line won't even go through.

damit. Wish I would have just taken the deal when I called on saturday.

Anyone got any numbers or tips for getting through?
keep trying the website. it worked for me today after a few refreshes.