Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

[AB/BC/ON] Non-Shared Plan: 10GB Unlimited Nationwide $60 BYOP

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2017 9:09 am
Jun 12, 2010
844 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
Called into Rogers right now. Got some deets:
  • not available to existing customers. Workaround here is just to port over to Fido or if you're on Fido, port the other way back.
  • apparently corporate doesn't know the deal exists. i have a 30% discount on my primary Roger's line right now, and they weren't able to find the deal on their systems. Perhaps it was due to it being limited to new activations, though...
  • HUP is available with these plans, at $85/month for premium tab + 10gb discount. iPhone X with this deal is $799 upfront (with possible $100 bill credit depending on how long you've been with them).
Sep 5, 2016
21 posts
How can you get this plan? I can't find it on their website!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
sad.. this is new activation only. doesn't apply to existing customers.
Mar 2, 2016
130 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Momo10 wrote: How can you get this plan? I can't find it on their website!
I had this trouble too.
I noticed that the link in RFD took me to the Ontario side of the Rogers website, you might see "ON" in the top right corner.
I switch to BC, and now see the details on their website:
Capture.PNG
Oct 2, 2017
23 posts
7 upvotes
Just had a back and forth with CSR with Rogers on the web chat. They are ridiculous!
Not willing to help at all. And I got bounced around about 5 times since I'm on a business plan. For some reason they couldn't comprehend that I wanted to take advantage of the consumer plans.

My understanding.
The 5+5 for $60 is for new activation only.
Sep 2, 2017
473 posts
540 upvotes
Edmonton
ndy4eva wrote: sad.. this is new activation only. doesn't apply to existing customers.
I would just threaten to leave. Or better yet tell them you’ll leave to there sister carrier Fido for the same plan! Haha it’s funny how they do that.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1788 posts
219 upvotes
Edmonton
Anybody tried PMing with Telus/Koodo?
Unknown wrote: Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
Feb 15, 2008
363 posts
92 upvotes
Calgary
What does "Access to Roam Like Home" mean? I'm assuming it is not included in this price right?
Aug 31, 2017
115 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary, AB
JayRoc wrote: What does "Access to Roam Like Home" mean? I'm assuming it is not included in this price right?
it IS included. see below:

Excluding prepaid accounts, most enterprise plans as well as monthly plans that include roaming services. Additional restrictions apply for My 5/10 customers. See FAQ for details. Taxes extra. Roam Like Home daily fee is a Pay-Per-Use rate and subject to change without notice. Fee is charged per line (added to your monthly service fee) and applies for 24 hours from first use while in the U.S. See rogers.com/terms for full terms and conditions. Roaming charges apply when outside the eligible destination. Data: Usage exceeding plan allotment charged in increments rounded up to next MB or GB (as per plan). Texts: Includes texts sent to local wireless number while in eligible destination or to Canadian wireless number. Sent/received premium texts and sent international texts to destinations other than eligible destinations charged at applicable rates. Calls: While in eligible destination, includes unlimited calls to local numbers or Canadian numbers. International long distance rates apply to calls to other destinations. See rogers.com/terms.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1179 posts
468 upvotes
JayRoc wrote: What does "Access to Roam Like Home" mean? I'm assuming it is not included in this price right?
Roam Like Home always costs extra, but not all plans can access it.
Nov 22, 2017
366 posts
304 upvotes
Great deal, from Fido or Rogers...banking on Telus/Koodo or Bell to match soon. Currently on a grandfathered Bell plan *impatiently waiting*
Feb 15, 2008
363 posts
92 upvotes
Calgary
TheHeeyyy wrote: Roam Like Home always costs extra, but not all plans can access it.
Ok that's what I thought. Thanks.
Sep 21, 2015
254 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Another thing to note...one difference between the Rogers and Fido offering is that Fido allows texting to international numbers from Canada. Rogers only has texting to Canadian numbers.
Nov 27, 2010
64 posts
9 upvotes
This isnt 10GB a month is it? I read this as 5GB a month and they put 5GB in your account that you dwindle down over the 24 months when you go over your 5gb a month?
Mar 28, 2016
460 posts
199 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
So after 24 months, you will default to 5GB for $60 a month, is that right?
Dec 21, 2008
329 posts
42 upvotes
Airdrie
kr8zyduke wrote: So after 24 months, you will default to 5GB for $60 a month, is that right?
Correct. You would just move to a different (better) contract at that point.
Mar 28, 2016
460 posts
199 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
CanadianTSi wrote: Correct. You would just move to a different (better) contract at that point.
Perfect. I have just called Rogers and jumped ship from Koodo. I was on the Koodo MB/SK $55 for 5GB plan which was revolutionary back then. But now $55 for 5GB is average among all good plans. I hope it is a sign of things to come to the wireless world in Canada.

The beauty of the Rogers plan is that after 2 years, 5GB/$60 is still not too bad and RFDers will have time to find better plan to jump to.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
Jaylay14 wrote: I would just threaten to leave. Or better yet tell them you’ll leave to there sister carrier Fido for the same plan! Haha it’s funny how they do that.
Too much work. I switched to Fido 10gb promo plan with large tab (iphone7, 256gb, $379 and $85/month for 2 years).
Nov 26, 2015
161 posts
98 upvotes
If you go with the $85 Premium Tab+ for the 10GB option (to get a new phone plus the good 10GB deal), what happens after the two year term? You have to get a new plan completely, or what does it revert to?
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Apr 18, 2017
37 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary, AB
manubear wrote: Great deal, from Fido or Rogers...banking on Telus/Koodo or Bell to match soon. Currently on a grandfathered Bell plan *impatiently waiting*
I just called Telus and since it's only available in AB & BC, they were only able to offer me 9GB of permanent data + an extra 2GB for 2 year for $70. They also mentioned that they are releasing their Boxing Day sale tomorrow and will have to get back to me tomorrow regarding that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)