Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers Wireless] BACK: Qc. Only BYOP 7GB Share Everything+ Plan $62/mo OR 12GB/$85 Canada wide unlimited eligible up to 30% corp rebate

Sep 30, 2008
163 posts
19 upvotes
Grand Toronto Area
deelogic wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 12:39 am
Used to work for Rogers and this was the method I used. It worked.
Yeah but was it recently ?

cus i heard they changed the system abt 2mths ago regarding how the loophole is closed if you have a QC address and a ON #. The system will throw an exception or smthing preventing the rogers rep from making the change.
true
Sep 30, 2008
163 posts
19 upvotes
Grand Toronto Area
djino wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 3:34 pm
And for those who are asking about if its possible to get this plan with your non-Quebec phone number...

No. Rogers/Fido killed the loophole back in March no longer allowing a porting of a number onto a plan that is not from the province of that telephone number.

But if you are fine with keeping a Quebec phone number, then you should have no issues with getting this (even if you physically live outside of Quebec).

djino

^
This is what i meant.
true
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4167 upvotes
Gatineau
deelogic wrote:
Jul 1st, 2017 1:13 pm
I signed up with an Ontario BYOD plan and then changed the address online and got the online chat to change it to a Quebec number and Quebec plan. Once you have the token you can give it to them or fill out this form https://secure.rogersdirect.ca/acctmigration/ and Rogers will call you and verify your employment.
I did this as well with my Ottawa 613. Signed up getting a Quebec number. Applied my 30% Corp discount and then successfully ported in my 613-Ottawa number. I am now grandfathered into my Rogers Quebec 10GB BYOP $70 (-30% corp = $49/month).

But as of the end of March, Rogers/Fido killed that loophole. The system will always throw an exception if you try to port a non-Quebec phone number onto a Quebec plan.

---

So again, those who have this already in place (like myself) are lucky, because you won't be able to do this again. Furthermore, we are kinda stuck with what we have on the account because if we need to make any account changes (Adding any future add-ons, sim card changes, hardware upgrades, etc.) will throw an exception, which can't be fixed until we first choose a plan from the province of which our phone number resides.

----

But like I mentioned (and as quoted above), if you are ok with keeping a Quebec phone number, then you are good to go. Just simply sign up with a "national" plan with your non-Quebec address and ask the rep for a Quebec phone number (tell them you are planning to move there eventually, etc.). You will than be able to go online and "Change" the plan to any available Quebec plan.

djino
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2704 posts
101 upvotes
How many many share everything plans can I have on a corporate discount? My wife is on BYOD but she is a secondary in my share everything, for the cost, it would make sense to have her on her own share everything.

Can you have two separate share everything plans on the same account, each with their own 30% corporate discount ?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4167 upvotes
Gatineau
Rockstead wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 9:10 am
How many many share everything plans can I have on a corporate discount? My wife is on BYOD but she is a secondary in my share everything, for the cost, it would make sense to have her on her own share everything.

Can you have two separate share everything plans on the same account, each with their own 30% corporate discount ?
You would have to have 2 different accounts. You sign up with one with your corp discount and she signs up for her own account and applies the corp discount.

djino
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2761 posts
401 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:

Cheaper to each have your own SE+ Plans, but you'd need two separate accounts, I believe.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2331 posts
667 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:

Like other said only one share everything plan per account, and the corp discount applies only on the first line of the account. Other lines on the same account are eligible to Desjardins discount though... You will have to close your wife's account, and then she will have to open her own share everything account, with all what is required (aka credit check, proof of where she works at for discount availability check, etc.) and I wonder if she will be able to "port" her number to keep it or if she will have to change her number?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2704 posts
101 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Jul 1st, 2017 12:55 pm

It seems that there is a promo going on... Add more devices You can add up to 9 devices to your Share Everything or Share Everything+ plan. For a limited time, add a line and get 1GB of bonus shareable data (up to 3 additional lines) for 24 months.6 Plus, save $10/month when you activate a Premium+, Premium, or Smart Tab additional line 8 and save $20/mo. when you activate a No Tab additional line7.

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless ... anguage=en
Is it or me or did the promo change, I was sure when I first looked at it that it showed the 2nd line activation no tab on a share everything was $20 off, so $25 instead of $45, but now I see it is $35.

Am I looking at the wrong place? Also I don't see the 1GB bonus anymore.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3965 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Yragorn wrote:
Jul 1st, 2017 1:56 pm
Got my sexy new Samsung s8. Signed the plan 2 days ago with the corp code. It comes to 60.69$ +tax and free s8 (87$ x 70%)

You can also check the deal on dmobile.ca
Government workers can enter code PQ4 to visualize the deal online
Is this only for qc as well?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4167 upvotes
Gatineau
greg123 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 1:03 pm
Is this only for qc as well?
Corp codes are available to be applied to any Shareeverything plan from any province.

djino
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2331 posts
667 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 11:15 am
Is it or me or did the promo change, I was sure when I first looked at it that it showed the 2nd line activation no tab on a share everything was $20 off, so $25 instead of $45, but now I see it is $35.

Am I looking at the wrong place? Also I don't see the 1GB bonus anymore.
I just looked, and see what you reported... promos change very often, and maybe what we seen was a Canada Day promo, or something... the 7Gb at $62 no tab BYOP is still there though... Last spring there was a promo the 4th line on my account is $10-10% Desjardins discount... $9/month for a mobile phone line, I just don't want to lose this one... cheaper than a $10/month prepaid card, and no limit on the voice and MMS/SMS
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3965 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Yragorn wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 4:27 pm
Yes
How are you getting the s8 for $0 and 87/month before the corporate discount, I see 289$ and 87/month on. Oth rogers site and the site you listed after putting in the code.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2704 posts
101 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 7:59 am
I just looked, and see what you reported... promos change very often, and maybe what we seen was a Canada Day promo, or something... the 7Gb at $62 no tab BYOP is still there though... Last spring there was a promo the 4th line on my account is $10-10% Desjardins discount... $9/month for a mobile phone line, I just don't want to lose this one... cheaper than a $10/month prepaid card, and no limit on the voice and MMS/SMS
Ok but to qualify as a new #, I can always transfer out to a Fido prepaid and then right back in to Rogers to qualify as a new customer, that still works? Which was the. Cheapest prepaid again? I think it was you that mentioned this strategy.

Also, does the Desjardins discount still exist for new customers?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
1687 posts
267 upvotes
Montreal
greg123 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 8:06 am
How are you getting the s8 for $0 and 87/month before the corporate discount, I see 289$ and 87/month on. Oth rogers site and the site you listed after putting in the code.
The promo with s8 at 0$ is finished now, it lasted during St Jean Baptiste and Canada Day (it ended this week)