Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers Wireless] BACK: Qc. Only BYOP 7GB Share Everything+ Plan $62/mo OR 12GB/$85 Canada wide unlimited eligible up to 30% corp rebate

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2347 posts
678 upvotes
Rockstead wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 8:14 am
Ok but to qualify as a new #, I can always transfer out to a Fido prepaid and then right back in to Rogers to qualify as a new customer, that still works? Which was the. Cheapest prepaid again? I think it was you that mentioned this strategy.

Also, does the Desjardins discount still exist for new customers?
No, it's not me who mentioned the Fido transfer strategy, and never heard of it... Anyone here can help Rockstead with this? I wonder why it wouldn't work...

And for the Desjardins members 10% off promo, here's what I've found...
Desjardins members, get more!
For: New and existing Rogers customers
Get $0 smartphones for as little as $60.30/month (after discount1) with 7GB of data when you activate select 2-year 7GB Share EverythingTM plans, for a limited time.

And here's the details: Offers subject to change without notice and apply for a maximum of two (2) years from the activation date (where applicable). Available to Desjardins members residing in Quebec and Ontario, to new and existing Rogers customers. To obtain the offers, Desjardins members must present their Access Card number so that the card number can be validated by Desjardins. The name that appears on the card must match the name of the Rogers account holder. Desjardins members also agree to allow Rogers to inform Desjardins of the members’ participation in the offer. $60.30 monthly cost calculated base on $62 7GB Share Everything plan with Canada-Wide Calling option on Smart tier subsidy minus 10% for Desjardins members.

So the 10% look to be available...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13552 posts
4330 upvotes
Gatineau
Rockstead wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 8:14 am
Ok but to qualify as a new #, I can always transfer out to a Fido prepaid and then right back in to Rogers to qualify as a new customer, that still works? Which was the. Cheapest prepaid again? I think it was you that mentioned this strategy.

Also, does the Desjardins discount still exist for new customers?
DoorCrasher wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 12:16 pm
No, it's not me who mentioned the Fido transfer strategy, and never heard of it... Anyone here can help Rockstead with this? I wonder why it wouldn't work...

And for the Desjardins members 10% off promo, here's what I've found...
Desjardins members, get more!
For: New and existing Rogers customers
Get $0 smartphones for as little as $60.30/month (after discount1) with 7GB of data when you activate select 2-year 7GB Share EverythingTM plans, for a limited time.

And here's the details: Offers subject to change without notice and apply for a maximum of two (2) years from the activation date (where applicable). Available to Desjardins members residing in Quebec and Ontario, to new and existing Rogers customers. To obtain the offers, Desjardins members must present their Access Card number so that the card number can be validated by Desjardins. The name that appears on the card must match the name of the Rogers account holder. Desjardins members also agree to allow Rogers to inform Desjardins of the members’ participation in the offer. $60.30 monthly cost calculated base on $62 7GB Share Everything plan with Canada-Wide Calling option on Smart tier subsidy minus 10% for Desjardins members.

So the 10% look to be available...
I did this back in early March. While on Rogers, went to a Fido store and had them sign me up on a $15 Prepaid plan (Had to buy a $20 voucher to pay for it - sim card was free). When I got home, called Fido and ported my Rogers number into it.

30 minutes later, I signed up by telephone for the new Rogers account (I already had an unactivated Rogers sim card that I had from months earlier) and then had Rogers port back the number that was on Fido onto the new Rogers account.

djino
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2347 posts
678 upvotes
djino wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 12:28 pm
I did this back in early March. While on Rogers, went to a Fido store and had them sign me up on a $15 Prepaid plan (Had to buy a $20 voucher to pay for it - sim card was free). When I got home, called Fido and ported my Rogers number into it.

30 minutes later, I signed up by telephone for the new Rogers account (I already had an unactivated Rogers sim card that I had from months earlier) and then had Rogers port back the number that was on Fido onto the new Rogers account.

djino
thanks for your update, this might help some to get the deal
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13552 posts
4330 upvotes
Gatineau
DoorCrasher wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 11:14 am
thanks for your update, this might help some to get the deal
Only issue is, those steps will no longer help those who wish to obtain the plan with their non-Quebec phone number. The Rogers system will throw an exception to the rep who attempts to port in a non-Quebec number onto the Quebec plan.

But if you live in Quebec with Quebec number OR if you are Outside of Quebec but are ok with keeping a Quebec phone number, then you will be successful.

djino
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
1046 posts
18 upvotes
What is the cost to get a second line on this plan? And can we get the 10% discount from desjardins on the second line?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13552 posts
4330 upvotes
Gatineau
boneca wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 9:50 am
What is the cost to get a second line on this plan? And can we get the 10% discount from desjardins on the second line?
2nd line (No Tab) is $35/month for 24 months (then increases to $45/month).

I can't confirm the Desjardin discount. Maybe someone else can.

djino
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2347 posts
678 upvotes
boneca wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 9:50 am
Yes, the Desjardins 10% is available on the second line. Also available on the first line, but only if you can't have the corp rebate, as those promos are non stackable

Edit: I have 4 lines on my account, first line with the 30% corp rebate, and the 3 other lines have the 10% Desjardins discount. My 4th line comes to less than $10/month!
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Jul 24th, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2347 posts
678 upvotes
Rogers posted on their share everything plans page that this offer ends July 25th, tomorrow... so hurry up if you want to sign in with this plan
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2347 posts
678 upvotes
And... one question: Why downvote if unable to get the deal? Should we downvote every post that we can't get deal? Example: here in Qc. every contest deals, Papa John's pizza deals, Lowe's hardware store deals, and so on? That sound ridiculous to me...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13552 posts
4330 upvotes
Gatineau
KombatVirus wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 9:21 am
How can I get this in Ontario?
djino wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 11:30 am
Only issue is, those steps will no longer help those who wish to obtain the plan with their non-Quebec phone number. The Rogers system will throw an exception to the rep who attempts to port in a non-Quebec number onto the Quebec plan.

But if you live in Quebec with Quebec number OR if you are Outside of Quebec but are ok with keeping a Quebec phone number, then you will be successful.
djino
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1577 posts
703 upvotes
Montreal
Can you combine the 30% discount and the 10% Desjardins discounts?
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13552 posts
4330 upvotes
Gatineau
deal_king wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 9:32 am
In another thread, it was mentioned that one could get the 30% corp discount on the mainline and the 10% Desjardins discount on a 2nd line. Other than that, the discounts do not stack.

djino
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1577 posts
703 upvotes
Montreal
djino wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 9:36 am
In another thread, it was mentioned that one could get the 30% corp discount on the mainline and the 10% Desjardins discount on a 2nd line. Other than that, the discounts do not stack.

djino
Ok then I think I'll stick with my $30 4gb Canada Unlimited plan...
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
2347 posts
678 upvotes
deal_king wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 9:32 am
answer is just 5 posts before yours... ;)