Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers Wireless

iPad Mini 4 32GB $389.00 Air 2 32GB $439 Apple iPad 32GB (2017 MODEL) $480

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 5:42 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Got my iPad this evening and now drunk setting it up. I'm updating to 10.3.2 I think. So far I'm pleased with it.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
For those who bought through Fido CS and couldn't get the $15 fee waived, don't give up!

Send a message through Share a Concern and a customer service manager will typically call you in a few days.

I just got the call today and the guy was very apologetic and confirmed in fact the CSR should have waived the $15 fee as iPad Mini is not available on Fido.ca. He said all CSR have access to the resource to waive the fee if the hardware purchase/upgrade cannot be performed online and instantly credited me the $15.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
nasa25 wrote: Got my iPad this evening and now drunk setting it up. I'm updating to 10.3.2 I think. So far I'm pleased with it.
Noooooo!!! Not the 'drunk setting it up.' LMAO, you just totally cracked me up and got a thumbs up thanks from me. :)
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
jory29 wrote: Noooooo!!! Not the 'drunk setting it up.' LMAO, you just totally cracked me up and got a thumbs up thanks from me. :)
Lol I managed not to f it up. I just need to figure out how to reduce the icon size. That's a sober task for tomorrow morning.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
nasa25 wrote: Lol I managed not to f it up. I just need to figure out how to reduce the icon size. That's a sober task for tomorrow morning.
Wait, it looks super easy! Tap the Home button to take you to your iPad's Home Screen. Locate the "Settings" application, tap it, and scroll to the option labeled "General." Tap "General," and tap "Accessibility." Open "Zoom" and turn the slider to "ON."
Just don't blame me if you f it up. ;)

Oh wait... maybe you need to turn the slider to off, come to think of it. Ha! This is why copying and pasting isn't always a good thing.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Dec 11, 2016
19 posts
9 upvotes
LeLwrence wrote: Rogers out of stock online and Fido refusing to sell it to me without an account online. Many stores out of stock too. Anyone else facing this issue?
Scratch that. Bought one from Bayshore Fido yesterday. Had to sign up for their $15 2 GB plan and the account fee shows up on my first invoice but is credited on my second or third invoice if i keep it that long.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1311 posts
498 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Got the iPad mini 4 128 through Fido online chat yesterday. Wondering what iOS version it comes with.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
nasa25 wrote: Lol I managed not to f it up. I just need to figure out how to reduce the icon size. That's a sober task for tomorrow morning.
Is that possible on default iOS?

When jailbroken, I use Springtomize 4. You can shrink the icons to any percentage and make as many rows and columns as you want.

Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
nahsha wrote: Got the iPad mini 4 128 through Fido online chat yesterday. Wondering what iOS version it comes with.
128GB might be current. The 32GB are no longer being made by Apple so they had a chance of being on an older jailbreakable version since they may have been shelved.
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2015
1311 posts
498 upvotes
Montreal, QC
AncasterRFD wrote: 128GB might be current. The 32GB are no longer being made by Apple so they had a chance of being on an older jailbreakable version since they may have been shelved.
Good luck!
Yeah, could be..I'll just wait for the next JB, when it comes.. TBH, the 10.2 jailbreak on ipad air 2 is a pain. It takes sometimes from 5-10 attempts before its successful (I haven't had the issue on my 6s) and the certificate expiration of 7 days is inconvenient. (I work around by using a developers certificate but for most its a headache, even the extender has to be worked around)

Now lets hope we have untethered jailbreak soon :)

I like the air 2, but since it only has 32GB of space it starts to be insufficient for things like PLEX.. I'll probably be posting it in BST shortly :)
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
AncasterRFD wrote: Is that possible on default iOS?

When jailbroken, I use Springtomize 4. You can shrink the icons to any percentage and make as many rows and columns as you want.

Thanks. I tried a few times to figure out how to shrink icons but, like you said, I don't think there's a way to do it without a jb.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
nahsha wrote: Yeah, could be..I'll just wait for the next JB, when it comes.. TBH, the 10.2 jailbreak on ipad air 2 is a pain. It takes sometimes from 5-10 attempts before its successful (I haven't had the issue on my 6s) and the certificate expiration of 7 days is inconvenient. (I work around by using a developers certificate but for most its a headache, even the extender has to be worked around)

Now lets hope we have untethered jailbreak soon :)

I like the air 2, but since it only has 32GB of space it starts to be insufficient for things like PLEX.. I'll probably be posting it in BST shortly :)
+1, jailbreaking currently isn't that easy for people.

Luca updated Yalu the other day for iPhone 7, resprings now don't force you into reboot where you have to run Mach Portal to get everything back (using Substrate Fix app was the workaround).

Either way you have to Fliza the ipa into the Ext3nder autosign folder and it renews before 7d, that's pretty much the untethered fix. Did the same on the iPad Mini, I agree it's glitchy running Yalu if you let the cert expire.

Hopefully, Pangu comes out with something easier. I would not recommend people update to 10.3.2 if they want to jb in the future. Apple may have closed something in it that Pangu is working on.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
AncasterRFD wrote: +1, jailbreaking currently isn't that easy for people.

Luca updated Yalu the other day for iPhone 7, resprings now don't force you into reboot where you have to run Mach Portal to get everything back (using Substrate Fix app was the workaround).

Either way you have to Fliza the ipa into the Ext3nder autosign folder and it renews before 7d, that's pretty much the untethered fix. Did the same on the iPad Mini, I agree it's glitchy running Yalu if you let the cert expire.

Hopefully, Pangu comes out with something easier. I would not recommend people update to 10.3.2 if they want to jb in the future. Apple may have closed something in it that Pangu is working on.
Shit this man knows his stuff.

I'm loving my 5th gen iPad. The software and overall experience is so much more polished than on my galaxy tab.

Now only how to get kodi and stb emu on my iPad lol.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
nasa25 wrote: Shit this man knows his stuff.

I'm loving my 5th gen iPad. The software and overall experience is so much more polished than on my galaxy tab.

...but I still can't get used to the lack of a back button on ios devices. lol
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
Rogido wrote: ...but I still can't get used to the lack of a back button on ios devices. lol
Swipe from left border?
I run back snd forth between two platforms and cant remember if lack of back button ever felt like something i missed.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2007
1008 posts
112 upvotes
Markham
iPad minis sold out on rogers website :(
RFD makes me poor =(
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Rogido wrote:
...but I still can't get used to the lack of a back button on ios devices. lol
No, assuming you mean back to the previous app, that is only an option in stock iOS when you leave Mail or Safari, in the top left corner you can tap and go back.
Otherwise, hold your finger down on the left of the page to open the App Switcher and go back (I find that cumbersome, so I use Tage, a jb tweak where you just swipe up from the bottom right corner and voila, App switcher). You can also use jb tweak "Activator" to invoke ANY action with ANY gesture, such as 3 finger swipe, or double tap the status bar as your "back button".
nasa25 wrote: Shit this man knows his stuff.

I can't get into it but there's a way to watch Movies and Live TV/sports, requires some profile management in your settings, and you don't need to be jailbroken, pretty much replaces Kodi.
Or if you're using Kodi to stream content from your computer/server, use AirVideo HD.
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/air-vid ... 54926?mt=8
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
After an hour of wait in Rogers store guy told me they dont sell them outright nor they sell them on $5 plans. Only to existing customers with share everything plans.
Is that normal?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
darkesha wrote: Swipe from left border?
I run back snd forth between two platforms and cant remember if lack of back button ever felt like something i missed.
I'm on android and only use the iPad when I'm over at my daughter's place, and I just find myself instinctively reaching to touch where the back button would normally be all the time. There are so many times when I would go into the wrong menu, or open the wrong page, and just simply want to reverse one step, when instead, I'd end up having to press the home button and start over. Face With Tears Of Joy I guess it doesn't help that I'm only using ios occasionally.