[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6018 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
MaxS wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 1:39 pm
I'd try to get the 10$ VP added on there. It's got CID, VM and 2500 txts. Most of the time you can either get it credited or they'll give you a 10$ MPC to off set it, so it's free. It's worth a shot, at the very least try to get CID added for free. I wouldn't want a phone without CID, it's pretty much essential in my mind.

Then if you needed it, you could call back in a little while and try to get unlimited incoming added on for free.

I tried, but so far the one rep i spoke to said they couldn't do it...

will call back again...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6018 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
dealcatcher wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 1:47 pm
No, it is not

I got the same thing , same price +

Free Caller ID
Free Voice Mail
Free unlimited incoming
150 Text outgoing , unlimited incoming text

that's what I tried for, but no luck so far...may end up cancelling to see if they bite...
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1627 posts
54 upvotes
skanji wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 1:47 pm
I tried, but so far the one rep i spoke to said they couldn't do it...

will call back again...

keep trying.... i tried to call in many times to get this deal
Dec 20, 2010
62 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
skanji wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 1:48 pm
that's what I tried for, but no luck so far...may end up cancelling to see if they bite...

I'd say try another rep to see what happens. If they don't budge, do what others have done, start there and work on getting a better plan in the future. You have to start somewhere!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
this was the final offer from Rogers, after many transfers.

$35 unlimited local calling
$10 value pack, 2500sms, vm, cid
$20 500mb data

still $65,,,, they wouldn't budge on anything.
trying to justify if their service is worth $25 more than Mobilicity and Wind... and i am still getting far less.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Jun 3, 2006
652 posts
44 upvotes
Markham
I'm currently on a corporate plan for $20 that gets me 200 minutes, weekends/evenings after 6pm, CID, and VM. Total bill is $30ish after tax and SAF. I called into retentions today and they offered me the $17.50 plan, $10 VP, and 500mb for $54.06 before tax. I tried to ask the rep if there were any credits for the data, but she said that that was the best that she could do if I wanted an Iphone HUP.

Based on what I've read in this thread, it seems a common theme is that it takes multiple calls to get the prices lowered. I'm trying to get everything down to about $40ish including taxes. Would you guys recommend I keep trying to get a better starting point before committing to a contract or start with this and call in afterwards to try to get credits?
Oct 8, 2009
245 posts
138 upvotes
SW20 MR2 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 3:40 pm
I'm currently on a corporate plan for $20 that gets me 200 minutes, weekends/evenings after 6pm, CID, and VM. Total bill is $30ish after tax and SAF. I called into retentions today and they offered me the $17.50 plan, $10 VP, and 500mb for $54.06 before tax. I tried to ask the rep if there were any credits for the data, but she said that that was the best that she could do if I wanted an Iphone HUP.

Based on what I've read in this thread, it seems a common theme is that it takes multiple calls to get the prices lowered. I'm trying to get everything down to about $40ish including taxes. Would you guys recommend I keep trying to get a better starting point before committing to a contract or start with this and call in afterwards to try to get credits?

I recommend just telling exactly want you want. Be honest, patient and polite. Tell them want features you want, and how much you're looking to pay, and they're usually very helpful.

Remember, they record your previous quotes on plans.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1898 posts
433 upvotes
Rogers must be in a bad mood...

Tried to match wiind's deal and the best I was offered was

$17.50 200 minutes UL we/wn@6pm + $2.43 GRRF
$10 VP (cid/vm/2500txt)
$10 flex rate data plan that starts at 100mb

No LD, peanuts data, even less minutes than what we have now.... (250 min $20 + free VP and R2R + SAF + 911)

Afraid to call in again.. probably going to get flagged soon... and yes, I've called and talked to 3 reps so far.. lol
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11984 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
hey was wondering if anyone knows the blackberry data plan works with Samsung Capataive?

called rogers and asked but reps gives me different answers. One saids some smart phone works and other saids no and is pushing me to switch to there 40$ smartphone data plan.

Another thing i am wondering is, does Futureshop/Bestbuy do HUP?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2010
1076 posts
60 upvotes
SW20 MR2 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 3:40 pm
offered me the $17.50 plan, $10 VP, and 500mb for $54.06 before tax. I tried to ask the rep if there were any credits for the data, but she said that that was the best that she could do if I wanted an Iphone HUP.

I would try to get a little better offer before committing. I know a lot of members will say you can get XYZ credited, it isn't always that easy, getting the VP credited is not easy, getting any data/MFD's on the $17.50 plan is pretty good. It looks like they offered you the $17.50 plan, $10 Value plack, $25 500MB and $2.43 gfft ... (Try to get them to give you incoming/rogers2rogers as $0 features rather than $5-$5 or $10-$10, it is easier to get more credits down the road)

I actually find it easier to get another $5 data credit then get the first, that it, it is easier to jump from $5 - > $10 then $0 - > $5

I wouldn't recommend asking for $40 with taxes, unless you get a really good agent (it's funny what classifies a good agent, one time this agent gave me a $20 data credit on the $500 MB plan and I was speaking to her again and she said she couldn't offer any credits on data ...), $40 taxes in is like $35 + HSt which would be $20 in general credits, a $10 and a $10, not so easy ....

OR, you can buy one of my (or MendesB) plans

mr_yellow wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 4:00 pm

$10 VP (cid/vm/2500txt)

No LD, peanuts data, even less minutes than what we have now.... (250 min $20 + free VP and R2R + SAF + 911)

Afraid to call in again.. probably going to get flagged soon... and yes, I've called and talked to 3 reps so far.. lol

Asking to match Wind's plan isn't always the best technique .... I am sure they would throw bonus minutes in for you, they really don't care about the extra 100 bonus minutes (-> 300 total minutes)
Nov 24, 2008
86 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Hey all, I'm gonna try and negotiate a wireless plan and was wondering if you could let me know if this plan would we a good one. My sister only really uses her phone for texting and BBM, so I'm thinking of going with one of those student plan out there and try to get a few discounts. This is what I think I would be able to get over retentions:

50.00 - student plan w/
- 200min 6pm (+100min cred)
- 500mb data (double data cred)
- unlimited txt
- my5 or double mins (i'm thinking the latter)
cred - 100 LD min
2.00 - CID, VM (10 cred)
2.50 - grrf
Total = 54.50

It more or less covers all her bases, infinite texting, enough data for basic use, and 500 mins for local calling, 55 bucks overall. Better than what we're paying now, that's for sure. Good deal, bad deal? Should I work out a retentions one instead?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
3361 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
I have two questions:

1) Today I called in to cancel a temporary feature and my call was redirected to the manager. They said that I've been calling too much, but I've only made around 6-7 calls in the past month or so. Should I assume that my account was flagged and stop calling in?

2) I'm also currently trying to get myself a decent plan and was offered:

200 daytime
6 pm E/W
1000LD minutes
VP (CID/VM)

17.5 + 10 + 10 = $37.5 + grrf + tax

Theres a 5 dollar credit on it, making the final total $39.93. I know I can probably get it down further but given the circumstances.. should I keep trying?
Dec 21, 2010
67 posts
22 upvotes
I called this week and got this :
200 min
100 bonus min
Top 10 nationwide
Unlim txt
1 Go + 1 Go bonus
Caller ID
No contract resigned, but still 14 months to go on previous contract
47.83$ + tx (including grrf)
May 13, 2007
153 posts
3 upvotes
Got offered this:

150min
evening/wknd 6pm
unltd incoming
unltd text
call id/vm
6gb

52 + tax

I said I would think it over. I still think the Wind deal is better because of the long distance.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3218 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
mr_yellow wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2010 4:00 pm

$10 VP (cid/vm/2500txt)

question,
is the FLEX DATA PLAN that starts @ $10 only for smartphones that aren't BlackBerrys??

I just called in and they said it wouldn't be compatible with it