Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
akzes wrote: I would look at the review for the PLAY before getting it: http://tinyurl.com/65e4vlb

lol! That's great! good way to tell off the representative. I just act sooooo dumb all the time and they give me what I want ahahahaha

I find ALOT of iPhone4's from Rogers all the time when I walk into the store, etc. Maybe I can help you out if you want one. You don't want to go to Apple and do it that way?

Out of all the PSPs sony will make, The 1st gen PSP was still the best. It could do everything a smartphone still can do today. It will be #1 in my heart :razz:
The Hay is Red (for Rogers) right? :razz: just kidding...

Honestly there are no killer phones, just more horsepower for android phones....everyone has same old things, faster processor... thats why i'll play with the PLAY.

As for IP4...i'm in middle of no-where and MendesB knows...and he knows my luck with Ip4's as well( i forget if it was #6 or #7 defective )... Thanks for the offer though.

No need to tell rep off, just tell truth, i get same as new client at same price at competitor.....
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
originalnutta wrote: I'm a Telus customer at the end of my contract but thought i'd run this by you guys first...

Anyone care to guess what i would be paying for this type of plan...

250DT min e/w @ 6pm.
Unlimited text
CID/VM/CW
1GB

with a 3 year term on a negotiated Nexus S?

I'm hoping to keep it near $50+tax.

I don't need much, and those are my bare essentials.

I'm quitting my Rogers Internet, but still use them for TV services, and plan to shift from Telus to Rogers for my cellphone.

You'll pay same price as someone starting new contract, you maybe able to get a small discount for having tv with them as well.

Your best bet is to get a TOR but then you would need to buy outright phone...
for what you want if retentions you can get anywhere from $40-50
Jul 3, 2008
105 posts
143 upvotes
Missisauga
So $10 VP credit
$5-10 voice plan credit and
$5 data credit

any others?

how long do credits last if im renewing a contract
Jun 10, 2009
156 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
theguyz wrote: Honestly there are no killer phones, just more horsepower for android phones....everyone has same old things, faster processor... thats why i'll play with the PLAY.

As for IP4...i'm in middle of no-where and MendesB knows...and he knows my luck with Ip4's as well( i forget if it was #6 or #7 defective )... Thanks for the offer though.

No need to tell rep off, just tell truth, i get same as new client at same price at competitor.....

Man, thats the biggest bummer I have ever heard, I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT. My iPhone 4 works all the time, thats some luck :confused:

I would never tell a rep off, I'm saying in a way of "way to go and tell the rep a good legitimate excuse"... I guess :lol:

Aristar: duno how to go about the voice plan credit. Credits can be for a limit amount or time or your contract remaining time. You can get a lot of credits but its impossible unless you know something I don't that can get you what you want. If you look at the concluding paragraph of Engadget articles, it tells you the overall and specifically what parts are bad about the device. They usually aren't bias, like ex. they said in the PLAY article the screen is bad...duno, might be bright enough, but I understand there perspective BECAUSE they get new tech all the time and need the best...and when its a cheap price its a bonus on the good product. Like Apple :)

originalnutta: put some time and effort into it. You can definitely get the plan eventually down.

250DT min e/w @ 6pm. --> $25
Unlimited text, CID/VM/CW - $12-10
1GB $30-$5

It could be one day like that...
LOOKING FOR UNLIMITED DATA PLAN!

$35 - Rogers Unlimited CAN Calling, MMS, and 1GB Data on a White Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S 64GB
Apr 6, 2007
463 posts
54 upvotes
Called in to fix a billing issue. Eventually got transfered to retentions to fix the bill issues. Got it all sorted out and was trying to angle to get r2r added on (hopefully for free). So I ask how much it was, the rep says $10. So I'm thinking that must be network calling, which she had no idea what it was called, saying u can call rogers, fido and rogers home phone anywhere in canada. :| I asked if there was just a r2r local option, shes like nope. :|

Man oh man, I finally realize what Rogers is doing. There hiring all these new ppl and sticking them into retentions, and they have no idea what there doing. I guess it could be that she was new, but I think its a contributing reason as to why all of us are having difficulties with retentions (and also b/c of the clamp down on discounts too). We take for granted those veteran retention reps that know the system.
Jun 10, 2009
156 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
benedict18 wrote: Called in to fix a billing issue. Eventually got transfered to retentions to fix the bill issues. Got it all sorted out and was trying to angle to get r2r added on (hopefully for free). So I ask how much it was, the rep says $10. So I'm thinking that must be network calling, which she had no idea what it was called, saying u can call rogers, fido and rogers home phone anywhere in canada. :| I asked if there was just a r2r local option, shes like nope. :|

Man oh man, I finally realize what Rogers is doing. There hiring all these new ppl and sticking them into retentions, and they have no idea what there doing. I guess it could be that she was new, but I think its a contributing reason as to why all of us are having difficulties with retentions (and also b/c of the clamp down on discounts too). We take for granted those veteran retention reps that know the system.

Sounds like your right actually...I probably would have never gotten my way with the plan I got...Quick everyone! keep calling to get the newbies! :lol:

Time to do some over kill. :cheesygri

Thanks for the realization! just in time for the summer rush plans ;)
LOOKING FOR UNLIMITED DATA PLAN!

$35 - Rogers Unlimited CAN Calling, MMS, and 1GB Data on a White Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S 64GB
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
da_way wrote: Why does mrperfect shows that he is viewing the thread but it shows as mrperfect+? lol

cause that means mrperfect is on your friends-list ;)
Aug 29, 2008
709 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
I took over my friend's plan. Negotiated the following:
200 minutes
Evenings and weekends from 6pm
unlimited incoming (free)
unlimited network calling (free)
Value pack
100 long distance minutes (free)
500 mb data (10$ discount)
GRRF
44.93+ tax = $50.8

I accepted it renewing for 3-years. Today I called to change the number, and I asked him to repeat my plan, the rep saw the estimate of my next bill an did not see unlimited network calling included. I said I've got 3 different reference numbers with that feature included. He told me a manager must have removed it because of too many credits!. I was very upset, I threatened to cancel the account for free because that's not what I agreed on. He then told me that sometimes it is included but it does not appear on the bill estimate or something like that, so I have to wait until my next bill arrives.
Does this happens or he just lied in order to get rid of me?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1304 posts
562 upvotes
the 6ix
Gero43 wrote: I took over my friend's plan. Negotiated the following:
200 minutes
Evenings and weekends from 6pm
unlimited incoming (free)
unlimited network calling (free)
Value pack
100 long distance minutes (free)
500 mb data (10$ discount)
GRRF
44.93+ tax = $50.8

I accepted it renewing for 3-years. Today I called to change the number, and I asked him to repeat my plan, the rep saw the estimate of my next bill an did not see unlimited network calling included. I said I've got 3 different reference numbers with that feature included. He told me a manager must have removed it because of too many credits!. I was very upset, I threatened to cancel the account for free because that's not what I agreed on. He then told me that sometimes it is included but it does not appear on the bill estimate or something like that, so I have to wait until my next bill arrives.
Does this happens or he just lied in order to get rid of me?

The rep is right, sometimes it does appear on the bottom of the bill but it is not included under your features. For me personally, I have it set this way. I have spoken to a number of reps and it does have to do with credits being added on..the senior retentions rep's essentially know how to add the Network Calling on the back end but none of the new reps I have called seem to know about this.

Look at your next bill and under your features where it shows total minutes it should tell you Network Calling.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1304 posts
562 upvotes
the 6ix
originalnutta wrote: I'm a Telus customer at the end of my contract but thought i'd run this by you guys first...

Anyone care to guess what i would be paying for this type of plan...

250DT min e/w @ 6pm.
Unlimited text
CID/VM/CW
1GB

with a 3 year term on a negotiated Nexus S?

I'm hoping to keep it near $50+tax.

I don't need much, and those are my bare essentials.

I'm quitting my Rogers Internet, but still use them for TV services, and plan to shift from Telus to Rogers for my cellphone.
Unfortunately, theguyz is correct, you will be treated as if you were a new customer. You will essentially be given a plan directly from the Rogers website, with a small possibility of a $5 credit towards your 1GB of data but I would expect to be paying $60+grrf+tax for that plan.
Aug 29, 2008
709 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Vanilla88 wrote: The rep is right, sometimes it does appear on the bottom of the bill but it is not included under your features. For me personally, I have it set this way. I have spoken to a number of reps and it does have to do with credits being added on..the senior retentions rep's essentially know how to add the Network Calling on the back end but none of the new reps I have called seem to know about this.

Look at your next bill and under your features where it shows total minutes it should tell you Network Calling.

Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1304 posts
562 upvotes
the 6ix
akzes wrote: Sounds like your right actually...I probably would have never gotten my way with the plan I got...Quick everyone! keep calling to get the newbies! :lol:

Heh, you actually don't want to get the newbies right now. They are pretty much sticking by the book and do not know any override codes or special features. I have been getting fairly lucky in that I have been getting senior reps who understand the situation and are very helpful.
Jul 31, 2005
382 posts
51 upvotes
Got the following plan for a friend

500 Daytime
UL Inc, Weekends, Evenings 6PM
VM/CID/2500 txt
1 GB of data

$57.83+tax=$65.34

Is this a decent plan? I was hoping to get UL Local calling but it would be over $80/month.

No renewal, I'm about 1 year into my existing 3 year contract. Saved about $50/month
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1304 posts
562 upvotes
the 6ix
sketchED wrote: Got the following plan for a friend

500 Daytime
UL Inc, Weekends, Evenings 6PM
VM/CID/2500 txt
1 GB of data

$57.83+tax=$65.34

Is this a decent plan? I was hoping to get UL Local calling but it would be over $80/month.

No renewal, I'm about 1 year into my existing 3 year contract. Saved about $50/month

Pretty decent, the main thing here is not only did you not have to renew but you saved $50 a month..which is the main goal. Depending how the credits are configured, you may be able to get an additional $5 off your data (if your existing credit is only $5). Don't forget to upgrade to 6gb from 1gb for free when the new iphones come out in July.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1754 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
benedict18 wrote: Called in to fix a billing issue. Eventually got transfered to retentions to fix the bill issues. Got it all sorted out and was trying to angle to get r2r added on (hopefully for free). So I ask how much it was, the rep says $10. So I'm thinking that must be network calling, which she had no idea what it was called, saying u can call rogers, fido and rogers home phone anywhere in canada. :| I asked if there was just a r2r local option, shes like nope. :|

It is YMMV what happenned to you. I have at times walk reps through the system to get some options. Once I had a bet with a rep there was network calling Canada wide, I won and she gave me an extra $10 MFD.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
Vanilla88 wrote: Unfortunately, theguyz is correct, you will be treated as if you were a new customer. You will essentially be given a plan directly from the Rogers website, with a small possibility of a $5 credit towards your 1GB of data but I would expect to be paying $60+grrf+tax for that plan.

Thanks for the heads up, i appreciate it.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1107 posts
2 upvotes
GVR
What additional features do you get in the $25 max air vs the $17.50 EPP?
I was just offered a plan and the rep pointed out it was based on a $17.50 plan. Aside from being easier to get credits on the max air plan, what else is included?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1754 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
RSD wrote: What additional features do you get in the $25 max air vs the $17.50 EPP?
I was just offered a plan and the rep pointed out it was based on a $17.50 plan. Aside from being easier to get credits on the max air plan, what else is included?

200 mintues
evenings at 6

250 mintues
CID
evenings at 8
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
da_way wrote: 17.50
200 mintues
evenings at 6

250 mintues
CID
evenings at 8

i thought CD wasnt "officially" included in the plan? :confused:
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Apr 6, 2007
463 posts
54 upvotes
akzes wrote: Sounds like your right actually...I probably would have never gotten my way with the plan I got...Quick everyone! keep calling to get the newbies! :lol:
Newbie rep did help me with another plan of mine, but I have had much better results with more senior reps, as they know how to work the system.
Vanilla88 wrote: Heh, you actually don't want to get the newbies right now. They are pretty much sticking by the book and do not know any override codes or special features. I have been getting fairly lucky in that I have been getting senior reps who understand the situation and are very helpful.
+1, definitely agree
da_way wrote: It is YMMV what happenned to you. I have at times walk reps through the system to get some options. Once I had a bet with a rep there was network calling Canada wide, I won and she gave me an extra $10 MFD.
Oh man, I wish I was able to make that bet with this past rep, lol. Definitely agree its a YMMV with this, but it looks like more newbie hires are present, and like vanilla88 says, there sticking by the book (most new hires do that in any job) and we just have to wait for them to get 'comfortable' and let them slowly test the waters and limits of their so called "powers", lol. Also, combo plans aren't that bad, esp if a rep is willing to discount it a lot. But again, it depends on the person and what kind of plan (and features) they want.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)