Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Nov 11, 2009
28 posts
Spoke to a nice rep.... 1 call got me this.... and took it.....

2 Plans
- Iphone 32GB - $279.99
- GS3 32GB - $99.99
- No Activation fee for both phones...

$57 + Tax
- 6GB
- 200 Min
- My 10
- Free after 6pm
- VM/CID
- 100 Min Long Distance
Mar 30, 2011
6 posts
Hi there,

I have a 3 year contract that expired last month. I just switched from a blackberry to an iPhone so i needed to change up my plan ASAP so that I wouldn't be going over my data limit. I just took a deal with Rogers but I am still unhappy with it.

4GB LTE plan
200 daytime min
Evenings and weekends at 6
unlimited text/pic/vid messaging
My10 Canada wide
100 US and intl text messages
Value pack w/ CID & VM

I was able to get 50% off on the Value pack plus a $5 credit to offset the remainder but I am still paying $74.00 a month before taxes. This was after speaking to retentions for about 40 minutes and being told that there was nothing that they could offer me at the moment for 6gb LTE.

I have friends that have gotten much better offers and I am reading about them here as well.

My friend just called in yesterday and received:

6GB
200 daytime
early evenings and weekends
unlimited texting
VM and CID

My friend is paying $57 before taxes.

The only difference is the 2 extra gigs (which I would really like), the my10 (which with free evenings and weekends plus unlimited texts, I may not need), and $17 a month (which I'd like to save).

How do I go about getting a plan like this? Would it be safe for me to call back again this weekend?

I was told that I have 15 days after agreeing to a new contract to cancel. Should I threaten to cancel? I have never used that approach.

Also, they are offering me regular plans that they currently have rather than retention plans. How do I get them to offer me a retention plan without asking for it?

It just angers me that they tell me they can't do something when clearly they can because my peers are receiving the plans that I would like.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Mar 30, 2011
6 posts
RFD_1 wrote: Spoke to a nice rep.... 1 call got me this.... and took it.....
$57 + Tax
- 6GB
- 200 Min
- My 10
- Free after 6pm
- VM/CID
- 100 Min Long Distance
That is exactly what I want. Refer to my post above.
Jun 18, 2009
419 posts
20 upvotes
ElektrovaporX wrote: Is Business Retentions as good as regular Retentions or are they more difficult in giving discounts? Any experience to share?
honestly its hit and miss. all depends on the agent and the plan you have.
My Plan: 650 mins $20/ 250 Bonus mins until March 1 2013/ 8pm E/W / CID/ VM/ 500 Txt $5/ 6GB Data $20/ 911 $0.75/ Free Company Calling
Credits: VM Credit/ 3 Year Plan Credit $10/ Data Credit $10/ SAF Credit $6.95/ Bundle Disc $3.60 Total $36.33
Nov 9, 2007
182 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow how did u guys get such a sweet deals???
The rep could only give me $60 6GB plan + 50%off voice mail&caller ID :(

I want....
$57 + Tax
- 6GB
- 200 Min
- My 10
- Free after 6pm
- VM/CID
- 100 Min Long Distance
Oct 11, 2012
4 posts
6 upvotes
Waterloo
Did somebody get that Government Recovery Fee waived?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1589 posts
202 upvotes
Switching to telus and getting basically the same as the $57 plan above but for $50 +tax. Plus $250 porting credit to cover my $200 cancellation fee. Plus $100 device credit. Hello iPhone5!

Rogers kept dicking around with me and wouldn't offer the $57 plan, their best offer was $60/mth. 13 years as a Rogers customer is coming to an end, wish me luck. I hope Telus isn't worse....
Aug 8, 2009
181 posts
35 upvotes
Windsor
I was with rogers on a 3 year then when that ended I switched to pay as you go then that expired so I called retentions asking for their regular 53/month lte plan with voicemail/caller ID for free...which is what telus provides for 50 a month. I got rejected of course. Is that really something unrealistic to ask for? I don't even care for data. Happy with 100/200mb. I'd happily go with telus if there s3 wasn't for 150(rogers currently 0) :( . Maybe telus can do a pricematch? :S
Nov 8, 2011
44 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
How do I go about getting my $15 monthly service discount credited for full 3 year term? As of right now, it is only for a year.
Nov 8, 2011
44 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
RFD_1 wrote: Spoke to a nice rep.... 1 call got me this.... and took it.....

2 Plans
- Iphone 32GB - $279.99
- GS3 32GB - $99.99
- No Activation fee for both phones...

$57 + Tax
- 6GB
- 200 Min
- My 10
- Free after 6pm
- VM/CID
- 100 Min Long Distance
What did you say to get such a sweet plan? Is this for the full 3 year term? I was only able to get it for $58 after tax for the first year and its going to be $75 after tax for the 2nd and 3rd year since my $15 discount only applies for the first year.
Feb 20, 2011
165 posts
19 upvotes
London
I called into rogers because my LTE wasn't working and got it fixed. Then I got an email that one of my $8 credits got cancelled (Granted I wasn't supposed to have it anyways....) but all my credits and such are from after I talked to someone from the OOP and he said my credits can't be touched. Are they allowed to remove it? Or should I call in and complain
Jul 22, 2011
682 posts
143 upvotes
Carleton Place
Had signed a 3 year plan last January 5, 2012. Was a family share plan for 3 years. Two weeks ago my credits were starting to disappear. Called in and was told they couldn't renew. After 2 weeks of talking to retentions and than the office of the president I was offered the following.
Super 6g Plan with a $15.00 credit for 3 years x 3 lines
100 bonus minutes
Unlimited incoming for 3 years
Value pack $12.79 with 50% off for 3 years
Total of $51.40 + hst

I still was not happy as I lost long distance on every line. I told the OOP that I wanted to be contacted by someone higher and within half hour was called and had unlimited Canadian long distance added to every line for 3 years credited. I'm still paying $51.40 a month per line for 3 years. I'm bery happy and this has restored my faith in Rogers.
Sep 14, 2012
9 posts
Ajax
So I was offered this plan, sounds pricey to me :

200 mins ( He couldn't even give me bonus minutes )
Unlimited Evening and Weekend 6pm
Unlimited Incoming
My 10 Canada Wide
Unlimted Text/pic/video
2 GB Data
Mini CD and VM
$65 +tax = $73.45

Disappointed in Rogers.

Does it matter if you call back for another try 10 mins later ? Or should I try again the next day ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
any tips on how to renegotiate a plan after you accepted but before the 30 day return period?

I just did my HUP and I am good with the plan except they didn't renew my unlimited incoming credit. Any better chance I can get that credit seeing that they have more to loose?(used returned phone etc.)
Jun 24, 2007
38 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Sorry ahead of time for this long message!

I have the 17.50 voice plan, which I use with the 40 blackberry data/value pack (500mb unlim text voicemail etc). plus a few other freebies = 57.50 before tax. I know the plan isn't that good, but I was satisfied with it.

I am upgrading to the iphone 5. Rogers waived the $250 EUF when I asked about switching to Fido for $100 (I have never seen anyone else mention this tactic -- I asked if it was true that I could switch to Fido for $100 after 1 year of my contract - this got me to retentions right away, with noone ever confirming lol). They offered the 6GB data for 30 dollars. She said I could switch at any time. I agreed to this because I will likely be using much more data than I am used to.
So my plan is now:
$17.50 voice
$30 data
$16.79 value pack
~64+tax
and my plan of attack is to use this for a month, see what my usage is like and call back to negotiate, using the fact that the CSR said I can change at any time. I will also use the fact that I've been with Rogers for over 10 years, with my family having internet, cable and 3 phones. My tactic is always to be polite with Rogers. Even though I read this thread, everything I get from Rogers (the waived EUF, the retentions voice plan) is offered to me. Because I have never asked, I am curious as to what to even ask for. It appears there aren't any credited value packs anymore, and it is difficult to get credit on the 6GB data...wondering if anyone had any thoughts? thanks.
Jul 24, 2009
38 posts
5 upvotes
rsxmachine wrote: Here is my current plan that I just got.

550 anytime min
iphone value pack CD/VM/100 Int. txt
Unl Eve/Wkn 6pm
6gb LTE
Unlimited messaging

51.50 + tax
Great Plan, I wish I can negotiate this plan with Rogers, I am currently with Fido with similar plan, need some advice to get this plan...
Oct 9, 2012
15 posts
ANOLA
kayee wrote: Great Plan, I wish I can negotiate this plan with Rogers, I am currently with Fido with similar plan, need some advice to get this plan...
Well that plan has a $15 credit, with 50% off the value pack. That's exactly the same plan I got, and to the best of my knowledge to be able to get even $5 credit, let alone $15 credit, you need to have been with rogers for at least 1-3 yrs. I don't know if a brand new rogers customer can get any credits. Rogers gave me $10 credit after I'd been with them for 2 yrs, I had that $10 credit for three years now and they just gave me another $5 making me have $15 credit on my new 3 yr contract. Soo I think maybe, maybe you'd be able to get a $5 credit as a brand new customer. Maybe the 50% value pack too if your good at asking nicely.
Sep 8, 2007
140 posts
Hey guys,

I understand that this is a thread for wireless only. But, I was wondering if someone can help me out. We recently received a huge bill for our internet service in which it states we went over by 26GB. Quite honestly, I did not download anything in the month. My father just streams some news thats all. Is there anyway I can call and get this reversed? I can't imagine us using the internet that heavily.

Any experiences?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)