Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Sep 2, 2008
93 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
nothing really beats the fido and virgin plans of 39$/50$...if your plans are expiring why not make the switch? Similar/decent service + LTE speeds too vs the even cheaper wind mobile
Oct 31, 2012
507 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
goothu99 wrote: nothing really beats the fido and virgin plans of 39$/50$...if your plans are expiring why not make the switch? Similar/decent service + LTE speeds too vs the even cheaper wind mobile
details?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
y2gray wrote: Like I said, I use about 400-600MB give or take. I'm concerned that it could go up with LTE. Although I guess I wouldn't be using more data, it would just be faster, lol.

I really don't like that I have to pay the same price as everyone else on the hardware upgrade, but they couldn't give any discounts or match Best Buy's 99$ price on the S4. I might be better off waiting a few weeks and see if a promo price comes up on the phone.
I looked at their policy and it doesn't price match best buy but here is Walmart who they do price match with.

http://i.imgur.com/tzfK0zt.jpg

Btw you might notice from that sign and rogers website they raised the price of the s4 to $230
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
I was offered unlimited canada everything(calling/text), with CID/VM with 4gb of data for $72 all in. Is that good?
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
My 3 year is coming up... :(

My current plan

200 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd
1000 Canadian Anytime LD Mins
Unlimited Incoming Calls
Value Pack
500MB BlackBerry (BIS) Service
6pm Early Evening Calling
Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee

Paying $50... see if they will do anything... or I will go to Fido for the $50 plan
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
Tijuana wrote: I was offered unlimited canada everything(calling/text), with CID/VM with 4gb of data for $72 all in. Is that good?
bump
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
wrdeal24 wrote: Yeah, they don't allow 3 year contracts without a phone as a rule, since let's say somebody was under contract with a phone and then renewed a few months later for another 3 years then that person's cancellation is just the admin fee despite having gotten a 3 year contract phone just a few months ago. So they want to avoid any chance of getting into that situation with a general rule.

As for the corporate plan, about 1-2 years ago, Rogers tried to make people pay for LTE enabled plans that were more expensive than the non LTE alternatives, when no other provider followed through they dropped it on their new plans though older plans and corporate plans might not be provisioned for LTE access so I guess that's one the cases. On consumer plans you can usually get them to add the LTE provisions but it's probably more strict with pre-negotiated corporate options.
i'm still on an old Blackberry BIS 6gb plan and I get LTE speeds on my android phone
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
geokilla wrote: How'd you get offered that? Can you break it down? Retentions wants to charge me $57.50 for the $17.50 + $10VP + $30 6GB data... No long distance, MMS, nothing.
that's basically just the corp350 plan..i guess there's a retention equivalent? that's what I have
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Tijuana wrote: I was offered unlimited canada everything(calling/text), with CID/VM with 4gb of data for $72 all in. Is that good?
What are the details - before and after - of your plan?? Too vague as stated. Need details. Does it include canada wide LD? value packs? etc. Was that 4GB there to begin with? They dont have a retentions or retail plan that gives 4GB in ontario so assume this was a possible grandfather plan. PQ has a 60 dollar plan with 3GB, unlimited canada wide, no vp. Your plan less hst is about that. Approx $64 b4 taxes. With extra 1GB for ontario it's not bad but you need to get vp included. Get it down to at least 55 plus tx include vp wouldnt be bad.

-unlimited canada wide
4GB data
-unlimited txt/video/pics
-unlimited canada/us/intl text
-value pack vvm, cid/name, who called
-internet share ready
-rogers one number
-2500CF, call waiting, group calling

If you can get above for 50-55 plus tx is ok.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
Just called in, wow these guys don't budge. Offered me the $70 plan with $10 credit. No luck getting them to waive upgrade or admin fee either.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
aznnorth wrote: What are the details - before and after - of your plan?? Too vague as stated. Need details. Does it include canada wide LD? value packs? etc. Was that 4GB there to begin with? They dont have a retentions or retail plan that gives 4GB in ontario so assume this was a possible grandfather plan. PQ has a 60 dollar plan with 3GB, unlimited canada wide, no vp. Your plan less hst is about that. Approx $64 b4 taxes. With extra 1GB for ontario it's not bad but you need to get vp included. Get it down to at least 55 plus tx include vp wouldnt be bad.

-unlimited canada wide
4GB data
-unlimited txt/video/pics
-unlimited canada/us/intl text
-value pack vvm, cid/name, who called
-internet share ready
-rogers one number
-2500CF, call waiting, group calling

If you can get above for 50-55 plus tx is ok.
Well looks like you got the $80 plan -$20 credits + $5 Long Distance, so I'd say it's the best offer they'll give on that plan. IDK where aznnorth is getting $50 from as nobody in Ontario has been offered anything that low.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
gilboman wrote: i'm still on an old Blackberry BIS 6gb plan and I get LTE speeds on my android phone
Like I said they upgrade you on the consumer side.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
belfour wrote: My 3 year is coming up... :(

My current plan

200 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd
1000 Canadian Anytime LD Mins
Unlimited Incoming Calls
Value Pack
500MB BlackBerry (BIS) Service
6pm Early Evening Calling
Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee

Paying $50... see if they will do anything... or I will go to Fido for the $50 plan
Usually they will offer unlimited canada-wide calling, 2gb of data for $55 + tax, which is about what you're paying with GRRF added on.
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
wrdeal24 wrote: Usually they will offer unlimited canada-wide calling, 2gb of data for $55 + tax, which is about what you're paying with GRRF added on.
Yup

Got unlimited local
Unlimited Canada wide
Unlimited txt/pic
Vm CID
2gb
For $50 month to month.. No contract
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
belfour wrote: Yup

Got unlimited local
Unlimited Canada wide
Unlimited txt/pic
Vm CID
2gb
For $50 month to month.. No contract

Urgh right now I got:

Unlim Local
1GB Data
Unlim Text picture video msging + 100 international texts
CID/VM

For 45+tax, I wouldn't mind getting unlim local and 2GB and get rid of the international texts for the extra 5 bucks but they wont go anywhere for me.. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
daviiiiiid wrote: Urgh right now I got:

Unlim Local
1GB Data
Unlim Text picture video msging + 100 international texts
CID/VM

For 45+tax, I wouldn't mind getting unlim local and 2GB and get rid of the international texts for the extra 5 bucks but they wont go anywhere for me.. :(

I take it you just resigned recently
Aug 20, 2012
877 posts
31 upvotes
I am sure this has been asked before, but I am trying to see if there are any new updates on plan/price matching the $39 Fido plan thru retention? Any luck with that Or any close-success to it?
Jul 9, 2008
128 posts
12 upvotes
netbounty wrote: I am sure this has been asked before, but I am trying to see if there are any new updates on plan/price matching the $39 Fido plan thru retention? Any luck with that Or any close-success to it?
No one's going to match that plan from fido, they can't. And btw, they're not crediting any EHUPs over 6 months, you're SOL for that--new policy.
That's not bad at all----I'm assuming you have a better choice bundle somewhere in there.
1ton wrote: Just called in, wow these guys don't budge. Offered me the $70 plan with $10 credit. No luck getting them to waive upgrade or admin fee either.
If you're in 30+months since last HUP, you'll get a credit for it in 1-2 months for the admin fee/upgrade fee
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2594 posts
99 upvotes
gilboman wrote: that's basically just the corp350 plan..i guess there's a retention equivalent? that's what I have
aznnorth wrote: ^
I think Sniper has a corporate plan. All of them are either 5-6 GB incl. to begin with...
Exactly. Its the Corp 350 plan ($20/month) combined with my existing 6GB Data Plan ($30/month.) :)
wrdeal24 wrote: Usually they will offer unlimited canada-wide calling, 2gb of data for $55 + tax, which is about what you're paying with GRRF added on.
Exactly. Basically the $70/month plan with a $5 add-on and a $20 monthly plan discount (the maximum they can give, apparently.) Try to get this to take advantage of the 1GB + 1GB promo, and wait till a better plan shows up to switch again.