Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jun 22, 2009
154 posts
14 upvotes
Oakville
I have a credit on my account for $10 a month. It shows up like this:

Credit: Montly fee discount $10.00

There is no expiry date. Can rogers take this away?

Can anyone give me any info on this? Thanksin advance :)
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1550 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
hu_guy wrote: Not sure where you're getting your information from but there have been different revision SIM cards that did in fact introduce LTE capabilities. It's not just the handset that determines whether an LTE session will be established and there was a transition point where a newer SIM was required for LTE. Best if you do more research.
sim essentially is just a micro chip that holds information. the sim card is a UICC universal integrated circuit card. there is a small processor and ram inside that little chip.

when you get plan x or y with a carrier they push the subscriber information to the card. This is done with the USIM universal subscriber identity module application. for 3g the usim application has to run on the uicc processor to verify the customers file and make the data connect by authenticating from encrypted keys on the sim, for lte its different. LTE doesnt have to use the same USIM application to get the info but it authenticates by the network communicating with the UICC processor. This is because unlike old sims UICC have a IP stack so it can communicate over Internet protocol and authenticate over the network with the UICC processor.

If your sim is a UICC it should work fine on lte
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
gtown324 wrote: I have a credit on my account for $10 a month. It shows up like this:

They'll take it away when your credit expires, doesn't matter if they don't list the date.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2693 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
They might not take it away but if you ever change your plan to anything, they will for sure
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
gtown324 wrote: I have a credit on my account for $10 a month. It shows up like this:

there is always an expiry
1st log in to your "myrogers" and then click on this link it will give you more details
https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServic ... less_Plans
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Jun 22, 2009
154 posts
14 upvotes
Oakville
I am with Fido but we had 2 lines one was 350min unlim eve weekends $45 /month and other line was $45 month 6gigs plan. For the past 18 months we got a credit: monthly fee discount $10 on both lines so 6gig line was $39.xx after tax and other line 39.xx after tax as well. Neither line on contract and under description neither line showed an expiry date. I ported the 350min line last month to bell for a better plan and now this months fido bill shows the $10 monthly credit with an expiry date of
jan 17/2014 is this deliberate? Or was always going to expire on this date?

Keigotw wrote: there is always an expiry
1st log in to your "myrogers" and then click on this link it will give you more details
https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServic ... less_Plans
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
gtown324 wrote: I am with Fido but we had 2 lines one was 350min unlim eve weekends $45 /month and other line was $45 month 6gigs plan. For the past 18 months we got a credit: monthly fee discount $10 on both lines so 6gig line was $39.xx after tax and other line 39.xx after tax as well. Neither line on contract and under description neither line showed an expiry date. I ported the 350min line last month to bell for a better plan and now this months fido bill shows the $10 monthly credit with an expiry date of
jan 17/2014 is this deliberate? Or was always going to expire on this date?
not sure about Fido
but for rogers, just by logging in online, you don't see expiry dates
you need that special link, which will display more info
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Nov 22, 2013
4 posts
Calgary
Alright, it took me three calls in to Customer Relations, but I ended up with this plan after threatening to switch to Koodo/Virgin who are offering similar plans right now for $50/month with a 10% monthly credit for bringing your own device.

Unlimited Canada Wide Talk & Text
2 GB Data
Call Display and Voicemail
Cost = $55/month
This is essentially their $65/month bring your own phone plan for $55/month

Currently in Alberta Koodo is offering the following plan which was my minimum requirements and threat to switch to:

1000 Canada Wide Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends after 5pm
Unlimited Incoming
Unlimited Text
1GB of Data
Caller ID & Voicemail
Cost = $50/month - 10% for bring your own device = $45/month

If I'd made the switch I would have had to pay the $50 unlock fee on my iPhone 4, plus had the hassle of switching, by staying I get unlimited talk & text and double the data I had before. My current plan was 200 weekday minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends, MY5 talk, 100 Long Distance minutes, unlimited incoming and 1GB of data for about $52/month, but that was going up to $70/month on Monday, so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Hopefully some of you can use the same strategy to save some money!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1166 posts
286 upvotes
Ottawa
Was just offered this plan.

1000 Canada wide min's
Unlimited Eve/Wknds @ 6 pm
Unlim Text, CID, VM etc
500 MB data

$55 - $10 credit for two years.

$45.

Would appreciate the feedback. Thank you
Aug 20, 2013
131 posts
31 upvotes
sindh1963 wrote: Was just offered this plan.

1000 Canada wide min's
Unlim Text, CID, VM etc
500 MB data

$45.

tell them that koodo/fido offers $50 plan with 1000 minutes and 1 GB data, with bring your own phone you can get the same price. See if they would match, and then still apply the $10 credit.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
sindh1963 wrote: Was just offered this plan.

1000 Canada wide min's
Unlim Text, CID, VM etc
500 MB data

$45.

PurplePandas wrote: tell them that koodo/fido offers $50 plan with 1000 minutes and 1 GB data, with bring your own phone you can get the same price. See if they would match, and then still apply the $10 credit.
If they don't match. Then just go to Fido, is Rogers anyways
Or go to koodo and be free from having to beg Rogers or fido every time
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/technology/story/1.1312769
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2008
1166 posts
286 upvotes
Ottawa
PurplePandas wrote: tell them that koodo/fido offers $50 plan with 1000 minutes and 1 GB data, with bring your own phone you can get the same price. See if they would match, and then still apply the $10 credit.
Keigotw wrote: If they don't match. Then just go to Fido, is Rogers anyways
Or go to koodo and be free from having to beg Rogers or fido every time
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/technology/story/1.1312769
Thanks, i'll try that. I do have 10 months left on my contract but i am allowed to upgrade with no early upgrade so that's a plus.
I was skeptical but confirmed that 3 times over past 3 weeks. Only thing required to pay is $15 admin fee.

So might jump on this and get S3.
Jan 4, 2009
674 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
Question. I just signed up for a contract with Fido 2 days ago but today I decided that it would be better to switch to Rogers' $35 unlimited m2m instead and would like to keep my existing phone number.

Does anyone know how fast are Fido to Rogers port ins are ??? What is the procedure ? ??? Can I go to fido/rogers store and do it there right away ?

Please help !! Thank you
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1216 posts
2204 upvotes
Demonoid wrote: Question. I just signed up for a contract with Fido 2 days ago but today I decided that it would be better to switch to Rogers' $35 unlimited m2m instead and would like to keep my existing phone number.

Does anyone know how fast are Fido to Rogers port ins are ??? What is the procedure ? ??? Can I go to fido/rogers store and do it there right away ?

Please help !! Thank you
Once you are done with Fido contract, you can switch to Rogers any time without penalty.
You don't have to notify Fido anything, simply tell Rogers you want to port your number to them, and they will do the work for you.

I would suggest you to *phone* Fido to tell them you want to move to Rogers, their retention department would likely to provide you some decent deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
41 upvotes
wongeh wrote: Previous contract:
250 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd $25.00
Savings: Monthly Fee Discount - ends Sep 15/13 $-15.00
Savings: Data Discount $-10.00
6GB Smartphone Data Plan $30.00
6pm Early Eve & Wknd Calling - ends Oct 01/13 $0.00
100 Anytime Canadian LD Mins $5.00
Savings: 100 Canadian Anytime LD Mins $-5.00
Unlimited Incoming Calls $10.00
Savings: Incoming Calling Option - ends Sep 15/1 $-10.00
Value Pack* $10.00
Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee $2.13
Call Forwarding/Call Transfer $3.00
Savings: Call Forwarding/ Call Transfer $-3.00
Total after taxes: 47.61

New Plan offered (Credits expired) - Loyalty Wireless Plan
Loyalty Wireless Internet Plan* $90.00
Unlimited shared Canadawide Minutes
6gb shared LTE data
Unlimited text/video messaging
Call display/voicemail
Savings: Monthly Service Fee $-5.00
Total after taxes: $96.05

More than double the price....WTF. The worst thing is that my existing contract does not expire until Nov 2014.
I had the same issue. 1.5 years into a 3 year contract, Rogers decided to expire my credits, notwithstanding what the rep said when I renewed my contract. I had a HUGE FIGHT with Rogers over this, they refused to cancel without penalty, as they claim their contracts allow them to do anything in regards to price plans mid-contract.

Long story short, I had to escalate from retention -> "Management Team" (FYI, They are useless but you are required to speak with them) -> Office of the President WEBCHAT (They refused to speak on phone) .
They offered a special deal for 12 months. I took it because I was stuck but rest assured, I'm cancelling my Rogers accounts (Cable and Wireless) as soon as I can.

Rogers are a bunch of crooks and liars. Be warned, Rogers reps can promise and claim anything, but Rogers has every right to unilaterally change the price plan and force you to take a new plan and refuse to waive termination fees. CCTS, CRTC, Government Reguations are all BS, Rogers has it all in the small print of the contract allowing them to do this and be in line with the CRCT/CCTS Laws
Dec 23, 2007
160 posts
3 upvotes
My previous Rogers plan was:
200 daytime
100 Free minutes (Discount)
Unlimited Evenings/Weekends after 6pm
Caller ID, Voicemail, 2500 Texts
Unlimited Rogers to Rogers(Discount)
Unlimited incoming(Discount)
1000 Canada Wide calling(Discount)
6GB of data
All for $67 a month TAX INCLUDED.

This month, all the discounts of the plan above expired and my monthly bill went to, $90 a month (after tax).

I just got off of the phone with retentions and they offered my this:
Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
Voicemail 3, Caller ID, Unlimited text
6GB of data
Total = $85 before tax

If I pay off the remaining $175 of my Flextab, they can bring the bill down to $75 a month before tax.

Should I pull the trigger on either option?
Apr 30, 2009
619 posts
85 upvotes
London
My current plan ending in January (I've had for 3 years) consists of:

My 10 (10 numbers unlim calling)
200 Daytime Minutes
100 Long Distance Minutes
Unlimited Text
500MB of Data

That was $41.96 a month including taxes (Normally the plan was $64.56 I never went over in all 3 years).

I've been with Rogers for 5-6 years and never missed a payment or tried to weasel a billing error adjustment or anything. I actually need to update my plan since I graduated recently and am working at a job that's going to require me to use my phone in the day time a lot more and the best they can offer me is a standard price plan with only a $10 discount. I've usually been able to get a lot of discounts/addons to my plan but they don't seem to be budging anymore. The plan that Blackstar posted seems like it is the best they can offer which is really only changing the unlimited Canada-wide calling and adding on $18 a month for that. I don't use my phone as a media hub only to check business/news reports, emails, etc. so I don't need a lot of data but the alternative plan someone offered me was:

Upgrade to an iPhone 5S, Samsung S4 or Blackberry Q10 with a $50 discount to what is already subsidized on the phone (ie Q10 is $149.99 I would get for $100).
Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
Voicemail, Caller ID (Name+Number), Call-Forwarding, Unlimited Canada-Wide Texting
250MB of Data (Can upgrade to 2GB a month for $70 a month)

That would be $60 a month before tax ($67 with tax). I can get all that with Wind Mobile for $50 + tax ($56.50) a month and get unlimited data usage =\ with a Blackberry Q10 for $200. They said they cannot price match Wind cause they are a premium service and Wind is a starter company so they cannot compete with their cheaper plans (contrary to what business school teaches). I mainly want a cheap price plan and get a Blackberry Q10 at the subsidized price. Anyone have recommendations or am I asking for the impossible here? I've pulled some crazy stuff off with Rogers before in terms of getting discounts on renewal plans and upgrades and I am hoping I can do it again but the last 2 reps I spoke to said they cannot do anything cause they can't discount addons, it's just a predetermined plan and they can only apply 1 discount.
N/A
Dec 14, 2009
257 posts
114 upvotes
Keswick
I was wondering as I am going to be switching to Rogers before the end of the year as contract expires with telus. Now I was told a few weeks ago when working on a deal on rogershelp twitter account and told me I could talk to loyalty after 6 months so work on a better deal. Is this true or kind of bull. I have been with Telus for 13 yrs so I have no idea how much of this is true. If I'm under a contract is it possible as only 1 phone will be signing contract. I'm going to get the $105 3gb plus bonus 3gb and getting a bundle 12% discount. I know my telus plan is the same as the rogers super plan but due to slow data issues for over a year I need to switch. If anyone could help me out that be great. Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
blackstar360 wrote: My previous Rogers plan was:
200 daytime
100 Free minutes (Discount)
Caller ID, Voicemail, 2500 Texts
Unlimited Rogers to Rogers(Discount)
Unlimited incoming(Discount)
1000 Canada Wide calling(Discount)
6GB of data
All for $67 a month TAX INCLUDED.

This month, all the discounts of the plan above expired and my monthly bill went to, $90 a month (after tax).

I just got off of the phone with retentions and they offered my this:
Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
Voicemail 3, Caller ID, Unlimited text
6GB of data
Total = $85 before tax

If I pay off the remaining $175 of my Flextab, they can bring the bill down to $75 a month before tax.

Should I pull the trigger on either option?
No phone upgrade right
Sajiko wrote: My current plan ending in January (I've had for 3 years) consists of:

My 10 (10 numbers unlim calling)
200 Daytime Minutes
100 Long Distance Minutes
Unlimited Text
500MB of Data

That was $41.96 a month including taxes (Normally the plan was $64.56 I never went over in all 3 years).

I've been with Rogers for 5-6 years and never missed a payment or tried to weasel a billing error adjustment or anything. I actually need to update my plan since I graduated recently and am working at a job that's going to require me to use my phone in the day time a lot more and the best they can offer me is a standard price plan with only a $10 discount. I've usually been able to get a lot of discounts/addons to my plan but they don't seem to be budging anymore. The plan that Blackstar posted seems like it is the best they can offer which is really only changing the unlimited Canada-wide calling and adding on $18 a month for that. I don't use my phone as a media hub only to check business/news reports, emails, etc. so I don't need a lot of data but the alternative plan someone offered me was:

Upgrade to an iPhone 5S, Samsung S4 or Blackberry Q10 with a $50 discount to what is already subsidized on the phone (ie Q10 is $149.99 I would get for $100).
Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
Voicemail, Caller ID (Name+Number), Call-Forwarding, Unlimited Canada-Wide Texting
250MB of Data (Can upgrade to 2GB a month for $70 a month)

That would be $60 a month before tax ($67 with tax). I can get all that with Wind Mobile for $50 + tax ($56.50) a month and get unlimited data usage =\ with a Blackberry Q10 for $200. They said they cannot price match Wind cause they are a premium service and Wind is a starter company so they cannot compete with their cheaper plans (contrary to what business school teaches). I mainly want a cheap price plan and get a Blackberry Q10 at the subsidized price. Anyone have recommendations or am I asking for the impossible here? I've pulled some crazy stuff off with Rogers before in terms of getting discounts on renewal plans and upgrades and I am hoping I can do it again but the last 2 reps I spoke to said they cannot do anything cause they can't discount addons, it's just a predetermined plan and they can only apply 1 discount.
All they're giving nowadays is $10 off, maybe look at Fido and something like a MotoX?
Aug 16, 2011
372 posts
235 upvotes
OTTAWA
Is your $105 for 1 phone or for 2 phones... if its just one.. then you aren't getting anything special since the 3+3gig + a BYP is only $55 + $35 = $90 or if you were to get a new one, its $110, so at most you get $5 off.
BDLouie wrote: RATE MY OFFER!
$105 month shared plane
Iphone 5 & hoping to get a 5s for the wife boxing day
Shared 6 gb
Unlimited canada call/txt
Visual voice mail
Caller display
Wife is currently out of contract with bell I'm one year in contract