Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Dec 11, 2010
468 posts
119 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Feb 20th, 2012 12:36 am
I believe, IRC, the only thing included gratis on that plan is a courtesy reach around...given by you...to Rogers.

I would have to say, without first having a long-standing & documented history of technical reports & complaints by you to said problem, and only after exhausting all efforts (ruling out something temporary, or your phone?), and the concession by Retentions or perhaps if needed OOP, *could* waive the ECF.

Without that, you can still try it all in one 15min call, but I'm doubtful of anything but you being pointed in the progression flow I suggested.

I'm assuming you want to PORT your number should you leave? If not, sell/dump your plan to someone as a TOR, and start anew elsewhere.

In the interim, ( do you even know which provider has better coverage?? ) You could pick said provider, set up a prepaid line or month2month line and full time CALLFWD your calls to that other number. That way you can see if your missed calls problem is solved by that provider. Better to experiment BEFORE a contract, than bothering with all this only to end up with another provider with the same performance levels LOL.

Yes, I am starting the documentation process and have already logged in my first complaint before I switched to the Samsung. I was kind of hoping the new phone would have solved the problem, but that was wishful thinking on my part and am now sure that it's a network issue.

I do want to keep my number as I've had it for over 15 years, so a TOR wouldn't be an option at this point. I have a friend that lives down the street and he gets excellent reception/call quality on Mobilicity. He says he never drops calls when calling from home and never has calls that go straight to voice mail. So, who has the "premium service"? lol

I've looked at the cell towers mapping and from what I can see there's a Bell and Telus tower half the distance from my home than the nearest Rogers tower. Not sure if that means anything. Thanks for the tip on testing the other network providers, however I think I'm done with signing 3 yr contracts. I'm leaning towards Virgin being my first choice and Koodo being the second. This is my first smartphone and by looking at it or any other phone these days, I somehow doubt that they will last a full 3 years.
Mar 8, 2010
78 posts
5 upvotes
chibsta08 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2012 1:17 am
I just signed a contract with Rogers, how long do I have to wait until I can conctact Retentions to negotiate a better deal. I'm on that $64.35 + ValuePlan that works out to be $77 before taxes.

Are you a new customer? If so then I guess after 6 months and see if they will give you some credits/ work with your plan to lower your price.
If you are an old customer then you should of contacted rogers to negotiate a retentions plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2007
1003 posts
344 upvotes
Junction
Hey guys,

I have been away for a few months but I am looking at the forums and trying to get myself up to speed. I have a few questions:

1) What is the deal with the new cancellation policy? I keep reading something about $12.50 cancellation fee? Or am I mis-reading?

2) What are the current standard retentions offers? $17.50 plan? $20 plan? $25 plan? Is it still difficult to get discounts? When I left it was hard to get a $5 credit let alone a $10 or $15 + on the Retention Plans?

3) I am travelling to New York for the weekend, are there any retention Travel Packages that include say 50 texts, 20 minutes and 10 mb of data to check email?

Thanks for your responses in advance, much appreciated!

Just noticed this thread has hit 2000+ pages! Congrats.
Koodo $40/6gb + 1000 LD International mins
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1127 posts
209 upvotes
I have a couple lines with credits expiring from 3 yrs ago -- but we all want to wait for the iphone 5 to HUP

do you guys think they will extend the credits a couple months until the new iphoen comes out? then we can HUP and renew contracts
Aug 1, 2008
242 posts
4 upvotes
Perhaps 3rd time's a charm? this was my first call which I was offered the following:

- $17.50: 200 Weekday Mins/Unlimited Eve/Weekends
- $0.00: 100 Bonus Minutes
- $7.00: 6PM Early Evening Calling
- ($7.00): 6PM Early Evening Calling Credit
- $3.00: Call Forwarding/Transfer
- ($3.00): Call Forwarding/Transfer Credit
- $0.00: Unlimited Network Calling
- $0.00: 100 Canadian LD minutes

THE ABOVE IS THE SAME AS MY PREVIOUS PLAN (negotiated 3 years ago).

- $35.00: 2GB LTE Data Plan - $30.00: 6GB LTE Data Plan
- ($10.00): Data Plan credit - ($10.00): Data Plan Credit
- $20.79: Value Pack (Unlimited Canadian Text/Video Messages, CD/VM) - Same Value Pack
- ($10.00): Value Pack credit ($4.00): Value Pack Credit
- $2.35: GRRF - Same GRRF Fee

- $55.64 before Tax $56.64 before Tax
- $62.87 $64.00 All in

What's in Bold is what I was offered on the third try (my second try didn't go well at all). I'm just confused to why the first offer/rep was able to give $20 in credits (to the data and value pack), where my third offer (and 2nd) were saying that $14 was the MAX in credits they can give?

I really didn't want to pay more than what I'm paying now at $54.34 all in, but that was with only 500 megs BIS and 10,000 texts (as opposed to the 6gigs and unlimited texts) I do have a ref #, in your opinion guys is there anymore I can do to lower the cost? I really don't need all those extra texts.... and of course still urked and how some people have this plan at $50 or under all in :(
Dec 15, 2007
249 posts
27 upvotes
SiR_YOI wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 11:30 pm
Perhaps 3rd time's a charm? this was my first call which I was offered the following:

- $17.50: 200 Weekday Mins/Unlimited Eve/Weekends
- $0.00: 100 Bonus Minutes
- $7.00: 6PM Early Evening Calling
- ($7.00): 6PM Early Evening Calling Credit
- $3.00: Call Forwarding/Transfer
- ($3.00): Call Forwarding/Transfer Credit
- $0.00: Unlimited Network Calling
- $0.00: 100 Canadian LD minutes

THE ABOVE IS THE SAME AS MY PREVIOUS PLAN (negotiated 3 years ago).

- $35.00: 2GB LTE Data Plan - $30.00: 6GB LTE Data Plan
- ($10.00): Data Plan credit - ($10.00): Data Plan Credit
- $20.79: Value Pack (Unlimited Canadian Text/Video Messages, CD/VM) - Same Value Pack
- ($10.00): Value Pack credit ($4.00): Value Pack Credit
- $2.35: GRRF - Same GRRF Fee

- $55.64 before Tax $56.64 before Tax
- $62.87 $64.00 All in

What's in Bold is what I was offered on the third try (my second try didn't go well at all). I'm just confused to why the first offer/rep was able to give $20 in credits (to the data and value pack), where my third offer (and 2nd) were saying that $14 was the MAX in credits they can give?

I really didn't want to pay more than what I'm paying now at $54.34 all in, but that was with only 500 megs BIS and 10,000 texts (as opposed to the 6gigs and unlimited texts) I do have a ref #, in your opinion guys is there anymore I can do to lower the cost? I really don't need all those extra texts.... and of course still urked and how some people have this plan at $50 or under all in :(

This is expensive dude.... I'm paying $46 in this plan.

250 Mins.
Visual Voice Mail
Call Display
Unli after 5 PM and Weekends
Unli TXT World Wide
My 5 Canada Wide
6gb Data
Tethering

I only did a price change they didn't renew my contract at all :D

They already flag you since you call couple of times saying the same thing Bla bla bla offer me this

rogers retention wouldn't give you a better plan if you threaten them. Think about a different

case/scenario but its to late your account was noted already lol
Aug 1, 2008
242 posts
4 upvotes
Devram wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 11:37 pm

250 Mins.
Visual Voice Mail
Call Display
Unli TXT World Wide
My 5 Canada Wide
6gb Data
Tethering

They already flag you since you call couple of times saying the same thing Bla bla bla offer me this

rogers retention wouldn't give you a better plan if you threaten them. Think about a different

well looks like I'm SOL then.... if anything will get worse since the $30 for 6GB is gone after this month. What do you mean by think of a different case/scenario. What other reason would they give a better plan without "threatening" to cancel.

Also, do specific plans/credits really depend on what promo's are currently available? ie. if $30 6GB is no longer available, I would absolutely have no chance in hell to get that price even after credits?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2106 posts
823 upvotes
London
Devram wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 11:37 pm

250 Mins.
Visual Voice Mail
Call Display
Unli TXT World Wide
My 5 Canada Wide
6gb Data
Tethering

Did you just get that contract recently? If so, congrats. Otherwise, it's nothing special,

They probably wouldn't want to renew your contract anyway, it IS pretty good. Better than what they're offering these days for sure

I myself have:
250min unl after 6
unl texts
1000 LD minutes
CID+VM
500mb
=$32 -- Other members have had plans better than me or similar to yours and those who needed to renew lost their credits.

I'm definitely going to lose my credits when I try to renew too unless I get an angel when I call in! They're pretty strict right now -_-

I'd say his $64 is just 'okay' It's not bad but I dunno what you can do with retention these days
Aug 1, 2008
242 posts
4 upvotes
datako wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2012 12:12 am
Did you just get that contract recently? If so, congrats. Otherwise, it's nothing special,

They probably wouldn't want to renew your contract anyway, it IS pretty good. Better than what they're offering these days for sure

I myself have:
250min unl after 6
unl texts
1000 LD minutes
CID+VM
500mb
=$32 -- Other members have had plans better than me or similar to yours and those who needed to renew lost their credits.

I'm definitely going to lose my credits when I try to renew too unless I get an angel when I call in! They're pretty strict right now -_-

I'd say his $64 is just 'okay' It's not bad but I dunno what you can do with retention these days

perhaps my timing to renew isn't the best.... I don't HAVE to renew at this point, but figure that this would be my best opportunity to get the $30 6GB promo before it's done this month. I just missed out on that 3 years ago. I am not currently under contract as it ended in January. That being said, i wanted to get this out of the way for the next 3 years and be ready when I get a new phone this year (most likely the Galaxy SIII).

Would I have a better chance calling back to retention and just asking them what the next steps are in actually cancelling and hoping they don't call my bluff and then bring up my latest offer and asking them if they'll knock of $X amount more I'll resign right now? or will they actually call my bluff and I'm screwed?
Dec 15, 2007
249 posts
27 upvotes
SiR_YOI wrote:
Feb 21st, 2012 11:51 pm
well looks like I'm SOL then.... if anything will get worse since the $30 for 6GB is gone after this month. What do you mean by think of a different case/scenario. What other reason would they give a better plan without "threatening" to cancel.

Also, do specific plans/credits really depend on what promo's are currently available? ie. if $30 6GB is no longer available, I would absolutely have no chance in hell to get that price even after credits?

Just think about it.... rogers retention is there to help you.... think of them as friends.... If you threat them they will hate you.... If you respect and be friends with them they will help/accommodate your request

Don't wanna say much about my strategy because of RFD effect :razz: .

Dude I regret having 6gb its useless. I have 5 exchange server and I'm receiving approx 50 email per day and yet I cant break 1gb. I'm also using my tethering and lol cant even break 2gb..... trust me 1gb is ok

Regarding your plan... dont call in wait till your plan goes month to month (no contract) then call and do what I mentioned above
Aug 1, 2008
242 posts
4 upvotes
Devram wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2012 12:35 am
Just think about it.... rogers retention is there to help you.... think of them as friends.... If you threat them they will hate you.... If you respect and be friends with them they will help/accommodate your request

Don't wanna say much about my strategy because of RFD effect :razz: .

Dude I regret having 6gb its useless. I have 5 exchange server and I'm receiving approx 50 email per day and yet I cant break 1gb. I'm also using my tethering and lol cant even break 2gb..... trust me 1gb is ok

Regarding your plan... dont call in wait till your plan goes month to month (no contract) then call and do what I mentioned above

I've taken the approach as they're there to help me, in the 3 times I've called I've never once "threatened" to cancel. I being asking them what they can do to help me stay with Rogers and tell them my needs which is more or less the same plan (voice portion) and more data since I'm going to get an LTE device for sure in the next few months. I've shown nothing but respect and even done my best to build rapport and talk about common things (ie. kids etc...).

Lastly my plan is already month-to-month. My 3 years finished in January this year, but I'm wondering if my timing isn't so good of what they have to offer in general right now vs say how lenient they were a year or 2 ago. I guess my question is, am I more likely to get something better by quoting a previous ref # and getting some of that knocked down or starting from scratch.
Dec 15, 2007
249 posts
27 upvotes
SiR_YOI wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2012 12:55 am
I've taken the approach as they're there to help me, in the 3 times I've called I've never once "threatened" to cancel. I being asking them what they can do to help me stay with Rogers and tell them my needs which is more or less the same plan (voice portion) and more data since I'm going to get an LTE device for sure in the next few months. I've shown nothing but respect and even done my best to build rapport and talk about common things (ie. kids etc...).

Lastly my plan is already month-to-month. My 3 years finished in January this year, but I'm wondering if my timing isn't so good of what they have to offer in general right now vs say how lenient they were a year or 2 ago. I guess my question is, am I more likely to get something better by quoting a previous ref # and getting some of that knocked down or starting from scratch.

Your not in a wrong timing... I just revise my plan last January as well. Yes try quoting the prev ref with the plan that you want...

Say..... Really he didn't note this on my account... start your drama be firm yet be professional. Use professional and diplomatic statement to intimidate the rep. :razz:
Dec 15, 2007
249 posts
27 upvotes
datako wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2012 12:12 am

I myself have:
250min unl after 6
unl texts
1000 LD minutes
CID+VM
500mb

Yes I talked to rogers last January. I renew my credits with out renewing my contract + they give me a better plan :)
Jun 18, 2011
42 posts
2 upvotes
WATERLOO
you can see how well rogers is gouging us by their Q4 earnings release today...

they have higher customer defection rate
least new subscriber additions
but are still able to outperform the bottom line

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

petrpuck