Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jan 24, 2008
233 posts
48 upvotes
Scarborough
bubble.tea wrote:
Apr 15th, 2012 1:44 am
LOL...K THANKS. Only about 8 years too late. Rogers has already adopted 'modest cancellation fee cap' of $12.50. Oh well...better late than never.

Good for you!!! So Telus Bus Share $94, including port credits, plus save $80 on hardware purchases, VICE Rogers scummy offer? So you've ported? You're gone? For good? :cheesygri

I actually did ported, but before I tried again with Rogers but they couldn't do any better so after 8 years with Rogers they lost a customer.
Mar 5, 2009
21 posts
Ottawa
i was offered family plan by rogers retentions

Line 1
200 Local Mins
Unld Evenings and Weekend at 6
My 10 canadian LD
6GB Data
Unld Text
Caller ID/ VM

Line 2
200 Local Mins
My 10 canadian LD
1GB Data
Unld Text
Caller ID/ VM

3 years contract for $126.49 plus tax

what do you guys think?
Dec 18, 2011
163 posts
8 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Dman_ottawa wrote:
Apr 15th, 2012 3:25 pm

Line 1
200 Local Mins
My 10 canadian LD
6GB Data
Unld Text
Caller ID/ VM

Line 2
200 Local Mins
My 10 canadian LD
1GB Data
Unld Text
Caller ID/ VM

what do you guys think?
Thats actually the normal my10 + 1gb plan, and you got both of them for 63.xx each. Which is really a crappy deal. look a few pages back and you can see this deal for less than 60. Myself got this plan for 1 line for $56
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1001 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
Dman_ottawa wrote:
Apr 15th, 2012 3:25 pm

Line 1
200 Local Mins
My 10 canadian LD
6GB Data
Unld Text
Caller ID/ VM

Line 2
200 Local Mins
My 10 canadian LD
1GB Data
Unld Text
Caller ID/ VM

what do you guys think?
Petro Canada gives you 200 Canada wide minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data for $33 each. All you give up is My 10 and evenings/weekends, so if they are worth paying double..... same phone, new sim for $5, no contract. Same network.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
5550 posts
1351 upvotes
Brampton
Strange retention lady calling news is back :) ( just like some one mentioned few pages before ) .. i left a complain with retention saying that my lumia 900 is eating a lot of data due its nature of fetching a lot of pics and info from facebook ( and there is no way of turning it down besides disabling fb) .. and in the eve i got a call from a lady said she enrolled me to 6GB LTE for $30 promotion .. lol .. i am like i am happy and got the interaction number and name .. after 20min called back rogers and confirmed i am on it ..
Apr 15, 2012
2 posts
Does anyone have an unlimited calling plan with Rogers and is it worth paying a bit more for it? I don't use my phone that much, but trying to reneg since my contract is up and I'm considering just leaving.

They're almost matching Fido with the $35 unlimited calling and texting. thoughts? I am considering a family plan with some data and cid/vm and unlimited texting/calling. Comes to 100 bucks for 2 lines. Is this good?

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance, this thread has been extremely helpful!
Oct 31, 2010
777 posts
178 upvotes
Ottawa[]/GTA[X]
brondago wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 7:03 am
Does anyone have an unlimited calling plan with Rogers and is it worth paying a bit more for it? I don't use my phone that much, but trying to reneg since my contract is up and I'm considering just leaving.

They're almost matching Fido with the $35 unlimited calling and texting. thoughts? I am considering a family plan with some data and cid/vm and unlimited texting/calling. Comes to 100 bucks for 2 lines. Is this good?

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance, this thread has been extremely helpful!

I have the unlimited family plan if that helps
Rogers: $65 10GB | Koodo: $75 16GB
Nov 1, 2004
741 posts
Toronto
Mayoo wrote:
Apr 15th, 2012 5:35 pm
Strange retention lady calling news is back :) ( just like some one mentioned few pages before ) .. i left a complain with retention saying that my lumia 900 is eating a lot of data due its nature of fetching a lot of pics and info from facebook ( and there is no way of turning it down besides disabling fb) .. and in the eve i got a call from a lady said she enrolled me to 6GB LTE for $30 promotion .. lol .. i am like i am happy and got the interaction number and name .. after 20min called back rogers and confirmed i am on it ..

wow is the 6gb plan back?
Apr 15, 2012
2 posts
Guess what I'm asking is what you pay for your unlimited family plan with Data for 2 lines?
Oct 31, 2010
777 posts
178 upvotes
Ottawa[]/GTA[X]
brondago wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 3:49 pm
Guess what I'm asking is what you pay for your unlimited family plan with Data for 2 lines?

For 4 lines we pay around $352 excluding tax and discounts and that includes unlimited talk and text, 6gb per line, and the 20.79 value pack
Rogers: $65 10GB | Koodo: $75 16GB
Jun 25, 2009
662 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
dragon_drift wrote:
Apr 11th, 2012 8:36 pm
wow that's pretty good, did you accept?
xeryusdvirus wrote:
Apr 12th, 2012 8:10 pm
I just called Rogers... retentions just told me this doesnt exist. Guess not for me...
kit25 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2012 11:33 pm
i would like to know how you got on this deal as well.

seems like you're on an older plan since you're paying SAF. so in total you're paying 45.35 plus tax...which still isn't bad.

mind sharing what kind of credits you got? and did they renew your expired credits or gave you new ones?

from what i know..they don't have individual credits for CID and VM anymore, they only have the 50% off of value pack promo.
shenmecar wrote:
Apr 14th, 2012 3:36 am
wow thats a fantastic plan, how can they still offer plans with SAF unless its a plan you already have?
Well i got my phone on friday, and the paper with my plan on it came as well, and it was NOT what I agreed upon with Rogers.

After calling billing they sent me to CSR, and the dude was like sorry we can't offer you this plan as the credits can't be put into the system.

After arguing with him for quite some time he worked out the following:

LTE SP Unltd Plan w/Unltd Msgs
200min + 100 bonus min
1gb data (says 500mb on the plan, but data usage meter on the website shows 1gb available)
unlimited Canada wide texting
iPhone Value Pack w/Vvmail 50% off
~$43 + tax

I will wait till my bill arrives to make sure they aren't screwing me around again. So I guess they did mess up and give me a plan that didn't exist.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1025 posts
165 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I just called rogers and some dude who was very rude and didn't sound that enthuiastic offered me this

200 anytime
unlimited evening/weekend from 6pm
picture/video txting
500mb data
voicemail/cid
he said that the plan was 50 +12.79 for the call ID stuff

He said he's giving my account a 16 dollar credit to make it 46.40 before tax (54.60 after)

He gave me the option to sign up for only 1 year contract (but after the 1 year my credits expire)

Does this sound decent? i'm currently paying 47 after tax and the only difference is 100mb data and regular txting (no pictures)
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28363 posts
1164 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Jenniyah wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 9:24 pm
...some dude who was very rude and didn't sound that enthuiastic offered me this
...He said he's giving my account a 16 dollar credit...
He gave me the option to sign up for only 1 year contract (but after the 1 year my credits expire)

A sign of the times?

Perhaps with their adoption of $12.50 cancellation penalties, CR has been given new direction to offer *good* deals on 1yr terms vice 3...unless of course you're doing a hup.

lol., a $16credit from an unenthusiastic rep isn't that bad at all LOL.
PayTM - $70 (24+hours waiting on the damn servers to wake up)
PC OPT: $3953 Ebates: $59.70
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1025 posts
165 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
bubble.tea wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 10:16 pm
A sign of the times?

Perhaps with their adoption of $12.50 cancellation penalties, CR has been given new direction to offer *good* deals on 1yr terms vice 3...unless of course you're doing a hup.

lol., a $16credit from an unenthusiastic rep isn't that bad at all LOL.

haha, I guess it's a ok deal... but i currently have 14 dollars credit on my account, and all I'm getting extra is 400mb and picture/video txt for the extra 7 bucks charge. I'm a bit on the fence... because my 14 dollar credit hasn't expired after my plan, but the new one will according to the rep :(
Dec 11, 2011
10 posts
KANATA
I have 3 cell phone plans on my account.

Main Line...the one I use. Works out to be $60.47 all in ($53.52 + HST)...I have 1000 weekday minutes (usually average about 800 minutes/month and I also have Rogers One Number on this), unlimited evening/weekend, Canadian LD anytime option, the Value Pack (call display, name display, enhanced VM, 2500 sent/unlimited incoming texts)..no data. There is also $1/month for a magazine on that account. Three year term ends 23/08/12

2nd line - my wifes. She hardly uses it. 250 minutes d/t, unlimited evening/weekend. 100 CDN LD, 500 texts, 6 pm early calling, voice mail, call display, call forwarding/call transfer, $20.85 + HST = $23.56..expires 31/10/13

3rd line - teenager daughters. Unlimited student plan w. browsing. 150 weekday calls, unlimited evening/weekend, unlimited on-device browsing, unlimited sent and received texts. $27.85 + HST = $31.47...expires 31/10/13.

The 1st plan expires the end of August. I want to keep the # of minutes, I could do without call waiting, the early evening option (I pay $7 - $3.50 = $3.50/month for it) but I want to get an Iphone with some data included.

The other plans so far meet peoples needs.

What would be my best method to upgrade to an Iphone with some data, and keep the same price on the Main Line...should I renew before or after August 23...I have usually dealt with retentions and I have been polite and friendly but reminded retentions about other wireless companies in the market

Many thanks for any assistance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)