Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2448 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton
Google CCTS and make a formal complaint. Then someone from corporate will contact you to resolve the issue. Almost any discrepancy can be fixed this way. Now it does take about 3-4 weeks for it to go through. But I have gotten out of paying my cancellation fee two times through this. So I saved about $700 and kept the phone on both contracts after they adjusted the price of my plan from what we negotiated.

Goodluck!
Dec 25, 2005
720 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
I left Rogers after 10 years when their best retention offer was worse than Koodo's promo offer.

That was 2+ years ago and couldn't be happier. Serious hate-on for Rogers and will be a cold day in hell before I consider signing on with them again.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4493 posts
3897 upvotes
Markham
maxgohan wrote: Google CCTS and make a formal complaint. Then someone from corporate will contact you to resolve the issue. Almost any discrepancy can be fixed this way. Now it does take about 3-4 weeks for it to go through. But I have gotten out of paying my cancellation fee two times through this. So I saved about $700 and kept the phone on both contracts after they adjusted the price of my plan from what we negotiated.

Goodluck!

thanks, found the website, will see if they can do anything for me at the moment.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
3203 posts
477 upvotes
Markham
Rogers gave me a Welcome Back package. Does its retention package continue after contract expiry? In other words, I'm continuing to pay this rate, assuming I don't want to upgrade.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Everyone see WorldIRC's post about new HUP policy?

new-hup-rules-rogers-price-plans-1492132/
WorldIRC wrote: As of June 17, all HUPs will require moving to the new Share Everything plans. Older plans will no longer be upgrade eligible.

There is an exception policy if your monthly spend is $80 / month (plan + features). That being said, reps are being strongly encouraged to migrate clients onto the new plans.

There is also an exception policy if your monthly spend is between $60 - $79 / month (plan + features). This exception requires store manager approval and an expectation will be set with the client that this is the last upgrade at your current price point.
Share Everything starts at $80/month. Compared to a year ago, when the minimum was $50 for a HUP, you will now pay $1920 for 2 years of service where before it was $1800 for 3 years of service. They'll basically be giving you 2 years of service and charging for 3 (more than 3), relative to previous pricing.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1598 posts
1609 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Slawek wrote: I like jam. Strawberry is my favourite. Discuss.
I was the same until I tried Cherry jam.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
fwlphoenix wrote: First off, apologies for posting this here since it isn't really a hot deal, more like seeking for help. But I am sure a lot of RFDers are in the same situation as I do, your contribution would be also appreciated and thanked by other fellow members.

So here it goes:

I had my cell phone plan with Rogers since 2006, and my current contract is ending this month. I called Rogers the other day to see if they can offer something better for renewal. Maybe knock a few bucks off from my current plan, or get me a new phone keeping the plan as-is. (My plan wasn't too bad 300 daytime minutes, text message, unlimited evening & weekend, call display, voice mail, and 500Mb data for less than $50 a month).

So I called them, selected 'cancel my service' option, which took to direct to retention guy, and heard something completely blew my mind! I told the guy about my situation, and what I want: A, a few bucks off, OR, B, a new phone. For new phone, I wasn't even expecting something top of the line like Galaxy S5, or HTC One M8. I was asking about those $0 phone(like LG G2, Galaxy S4) for better chance of success. In the end, all I was getting is a big NOPE!

The retention guy said, in order to get even a $0 phone like S4, my monthly bill has to go $65 and up. OR, if that's too much money, I can go for the lower option of getting a really old phone, like Galaxy S2, or Blackberry Bold, and keep the original plan. Although, there's a trick. It is not exactly my old plan since some of my old discount expires as my contract ends. As he said, those discount are gone in the system, cannot re-add them, meaning I get the same plans, but have to pay $10 or $20 more every time.

That's right! Renewing a contract, looking for a retention plan, have to pay more no matter which option to go.

I know they are not as profitable switching from 3-year contract to 2-year. But it sounds like there is almost no leeways of having a good cell phone plan. They no longer care about their customers regardless of years of commitment and good payment record.

What should I do at this point, folks? Do I have to go with Wind or Mobilicity?

(Admin: if you decide to move this thread elsewhere, I completely understand. But I just want more RFDers to see this, coz they may need it!)
Dude, if you are happy with your plan, keep it, as long as you are with Rogers regardless of having a contract or not, they can not change your plan or rate unless you request. If you are happy with services and plan, keep it and buy a phone from the market (new or used).
nobody even CCTS can not force a company to do something else. Rogers/Bell/Telus got advantage of switching from 3 years term to 2 years. if you calculate based on the new rate, you are paying more right now with 2 years term rather than a 3 years term, my suggestion is don't waste your time with retention/loyalty/customer care or other useless departments.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
I realize this may not be the appropriate thread, but it's worth sharing nonetheless:

I just received this month's Rogers bill and noticed my cell was charged $4.99 for #2030. A call is made to your cell phone from an 800 number (which I missed but then called back) which triggers your phone to enter #2030 while you're on the line. Obviously there's no indication/warning of an impending charge when you call. It's a scam.

Dispute the charge and have the $4.99 credited back to your account if you were charged this.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
amiratish wrote: Dude, if you are happy with your plan, keep it, as long as you are with Rogers regardless of having a contract or not, they can not change your plan or rate unless you request. If you are happy with services and plan, keep it and buy a phone from the market (new or used).
nobody even CCTS can not force a company to do something else. Rogers/Bell/Telus got advantage of switching from 3 years term to 2 years. if you calculate based on the new rate, you are paying more right now with 2 years term rather than a 3 years term, my suggestion is don't waste your time with retention/loyalty/customer care or other useless departments.
If you are off contract, they only have to give you 30 days notice to change your plan. Rogers is upping the rates for the 6GB/$30 add-on over the next few months to $35 and there really isn't much the consumers can do about it other than leave.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
amiratish wrote: Dude, if you are happy with your plan, keep it, as long as you are with Rogers regardless of having a contract or not, they can not change your plan or rate unless you request. If you are happy with services and plan, keep it and buy a phone from the market (new or used).
It appears he's getting credits for his bill already. Those expire after x amount of years. He can't stay on that plan with the discounts. No one can keep their plans. That's why I'm porting out of rogers once my plan ends. I highly doubt they'll do anything good for me.
Jun 1, 2006
743 posts
49 upvotes
I have 1 year and half left on my contract that I signed in November 2012. My phone, Samsung S3, has been getting slower and slower with each passing day. Any chance I might get a free upgrade from Rogers?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
jzy wrote: I have 1 year and half left on my contract that I signed in November 2012. My phone, Samsung S3, has been getting slower and slower with each passing day. Any chance I might get a free upgrade from Rogers?
pay the early upgrade fee. and take the gs5
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jzy wrote: I have 1 year and half left on my contract that I signed in November 2012. My phone, Samsung S3, has been getting slower and slower with each passing day. Any chance I might get a free upgrade from Rogers?
<br />
<br />
Flash a custom ROM
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Dec 22, 2008
799 posts
274 upvotes
London
I don't think you can make them not change your plan. Well they technically can't change your plan but all the discounts that were active will have expired and no matter what you tell them they say they can't do anything to your plan or give you discounts because you have the grandfather plan....
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
3py0n wrote: I don't think you can make them not change your plan. Well they technically can't change your plan but all the discounts that were active will have expired and no matter what you tell them they say they can't do anything to your plan or give you discounts because you have the grandfather plan....
I you are getting some specific time period discount, you probably will loos them. based on my experience if you don't change anything on your plan and you are not receiving any time based discount, they can not change it. I was with Bell, when my contract ended I called CRTC and they confirmed as long as I am with Bell and I don't make any changes, the Fee would be the same.
please read the following official wireless code, I would suggest Call CRTC and asked them about your situation
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm
Dec 22, 2008
799 posts
274 upvotes
London
amiratish wrote: I you are getting some specific time period discount, you probably will loos them. based on my experience if you don't change anything on your plan and you are not receiving any time based discount, they can not change it. I was with Bell, when my contract ended I called CRTC and they confirmed as long as I am with Bell and I don't make any changes, the Fee would be the same.
please read the following official wireless code, I would suggest Call CRTC and asked them about your situation
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm
yea mine was a time based discount. The discounts were only valid for 3 years :(
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
I hope everyone gets their renewals in before Tuesday, after Tuesday with the new HUP rules its going to get ever harder to get a decent deal out of Rogers.