Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1021 posts
20 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I'm not sure if the current rules are still the same, but take a read thru this:

[url]http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo ... ead-id/101[/url
Called Rogers from Fido store, even the Rep was surprised that the 100 credit info was changed since Feb 2014

Since the phone was locked to Rogers we ended up having to pay 50 to unlock before the to Fido.

So yes, we had to pay 360+50 for total before switching to Fido. Now with Fido on $44.00 plan minus 10% for BYOD

Thanks
Feb 26, 2007
88 posts
25 upvotes
Edmonton
So I got what I feel is a really solid plan from rogers, my contract is up in december '14. I'm kinda interested in either the note 3 or the s5, with all this talk about the HUP changes coming june 17th, i'm kinda nervous since my plan only costs me < $50 / month and I don't wanna have to pay for a more expensive plan to upgrade to a new phone.

Right now I'd have to pay ~$50 bucks to do early HUP. I honestly wouldn't mind getting the note 3, it looks amazing, (would be nice to hold out for the note 4, but im scared of waiting that long because they might make me upgrade to a new plan). Is there a way to go about getting them to upgrade the phone and extend my plan with all my credits?

Or is it safe enough to wait till september with the release of the Note 4? If I wait till september, willl I still be able to keep all my credits and discounts?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
HamsterGirl35 wrote: Called Rogers from Fido store, even the Rep was surprised that the 100 credit info was changed since Feb 2014

Since the phone was locked to Rogers we ended up having to pay 50 to unlock before the to Fido.

So yes, we had to pay 360+50 for total before switching to Fido. Now with Fido on $44.00 plan minus 10% for BYOD

Thanks
Wow, that sucks, having to pay $360. What kind of phone was it? An iPhone? Some Rogers phones will work on Fido without unlocking.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
WJ wrote: So I got what I feel is a really solid plan from rogers, my contract is up in december '14. I'm kinda interested in either the note 3 or the s5, with all this talk about the HUP changes coming june 17th, i'm kinda nervous since my plan only costs me < $50 / month and I don't wanna have to pay for a more expensive plan to upgrade to a new phone.

Right now I'd have to pay ~$50 bucks to do early HUP. I honestly wouldn't mind getting the note 3, it looks amazing, (would be nice to hold out for the note 4, but im scared of waiting that long because they might make me upgrade to a new plan). Is there a way to go about getting them to upgrade the phone and extend my plan with all my credits?

Or is it safe enough to wait till september with the release of the Note 4? If I wait till september, willl I still be able to keep all my credits and discounts?
Well right now if you want a subsidized phone they need you to have a $60 plan before credits. After Tuesday it'll get MUCH MUCH harder to pay less than $80 a month on a new phone.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
WJ wrote: So I got what I feel is a really solid plan from rogers, my contract is up in december '14. I'm kinda interested in either the note 3 or the s5, with all this talk about the HUP changes coming june 17th, i'm kinda nervous since my plan only costs me < $50 / month and I don't wanna have to pay for a more expensive plan to upgrade to a new phone.

You said you're paying < $50 per month for your plan. Are there credits involved? Is your plan between $60 & $80 without credits? If so, then it seems you'd better upgrade before Tuesday!
Feb 26, 2007
88 posts
25 upvotes
Edmonton
Rogido wrote: You said you're paying < $50 per month for your plan. Are there credits involved? Is your plan between $60 & $80 without credits? If so, then it seems you'd better upgrade before Tuesday!
My plan is over 70 without credits, its just everything is heavily discounted. When I phone them to upgrade, they should extend my discounts right?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
WJ wrote: My plan is over 70 without credits, its just everything is heavily discounted. When I phone them to upgrade, they should extend my discounts right?
You'll definitely lose some credits, typically they'll do $10 off and maybe $15 if you get to a manager who's willing.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
WJ wrote: My plan is over 70 without credits, its just everything is heavily discounted. When I phone them to upgrade, they should extend my discounts right?
Well, if your plan is > $70, and you are 99% certain you will stay with the plan for 2 yrs, then you should hup before Tues. to get a subsidized, or free phone. To me, that's a no-brainer, unless your device balance is high. As for your credits, don't count on all of them getting extended. I would bet dollars to donuts some of them will come off and won't get extended. Be prepared to hear this explanation: "The code is no longer in the system".
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
Called in today to see if I can upgrade my 6gb superplan.

I can keep my plan at $60 for 6gb, and get a hardware upgrade to iPhone 5S for $149 + $15 admin fee. This is for a 2 year contract. As of tomorrow, I can't do this because it will require an $80 plan minimum.

What should I do? I really wanted to wait for an iPhone 6, but not if I'm going to have to get an $80 plan in a few months time.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1021 posts
20 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Wow, that sucks, having to pay $360. What kind of phone was it? An iPhone? Some Rogers phones will work on Fido without unlocking.
Hi it's iphone 5.
Rogers tech support was ok with no fee, but, after transferred to retention, the lady was adamant that we get $50 charge for unlocking....(shocked Fido lady as well - as we were all on speaker phone)
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Slawek wrote: Called in today to see if I can upgrade my 6gb superplan.

I can keep my plan at $60 for 6gb, and get a hardware upgrade to iPhone 5S for $149 + $15 admin fee. This is for a 2 year contract. As of tomorrow, I can't do this because it will require an $80 plan minimum.

What should I do? I really wanted to wait for an iPhone 6, but not if I'm going to have to get an $80 plan in a few months time.
The killer is that the $80 plan will have 500mb instead of 6gb data. Get the 5S and sell it, and use the money towards the iPhone 6.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
HamsterGirl35 wrote: Hi it's iphone 5.
Rogers tech support was ok with no fee, but, after transferred to retention, the lady was adamant that we get $50 charge for unlocking....(shocked Fido lady as well - as we were all on speaker phone)
Hmm, something tells me Retention lady didn't do you any favour. But I'm not an expert on iPhones. Maybe Rogers and Fido iPhones cannot be used interchangeably. Too bad you didn't have a Fido sim to try it before calling them.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
I have a $105 6 gig shared phone. With tax it is $118
I just got it Nov 30/ 2013

I phoned Rogers up 2 months ago, and told them the price was outrageous and to please find me the full price so I may buy out my deal and go elsewhere and he said give me 2 minutes.. Came back and told me that he could give me $15 off a month for one year IF i stayed.
There was no way I was going to get more than that so I took it.
When that year is over, I will only have about 7 months at full price before i leave......

Its worth a shot. Its only $15 but better in your pocket then theirs.
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11167 upvotes
Slawek wrote: Called in today to see if I can upgrade my 6gb superplan.

You need to do it NOW.

I did exactly this yesterday, to beat the June 17 deadline for the change. Kept my $60 6gb superplan, and got a free Nexus 5, and Galaxy S4. 2 more years of $60 / month, per line!

I only needed to go to Loyalty too. Not even as far as retention dept.
Sep 25, 2006
650 posts
92 upvotes
St. Lawrence, Toront…
Gutty96 wrote: You need to do it NOW.

I did exactly this yesterday, to beat the June 17 deadline for the change. Kept my $60 6gb superplan, and got a free Nexus 5, and Galaxy S4. 2 more years of $60 / month, per line!

I guess those of us with the older retention plan + 6GB are out of luck in this case.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER

Loyalty = Retention = Customer Relations
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
slicecom wrote: I guess those of us with the older retention plan + 6GB are out of luck in this case.
Is your total monthly fee > $60? If so, call in and ask to hup. Although I'm not sure if your 6GB addon is counted towards the $60 min threshold. No harm to ask though.
Sep 25, 2006
650 posts
92 upvotes
St. Lawrence, Toront…
Rogido wrote: Is your total monthly fee > $60? If so, call in and ask to hup. Although I'm not sure if your 6GB addon is counted towards the $60 min threshold. No harm to ask though.
Its $53, but at this rate, it might be better if I remove a couple credits to bring it up over $60 and lock in for another 2 years with a HUP. Thanks, I'll look into it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario

Okay I just did it.

$129.99 for iPhone 5S, no admin fee, $50 credit on top.

My plan is 6gb super plan, my10, 200min anytime, unlimited text, 6gb data.
+5 long distance addon (which I'm cancelling)
+7 call ID and VM

Total will be $72+tax, but I'll cancel long distance add on so $67+tax.

NOW, what colour phone do I get? I plan on selling it brand new in box. Black, white or gold?
Sep 25, 2006
650 posts
92 upvotes
St. Lawrence, Toront…
Slawek wrote: Okay I just did it.

$129.99 for iPhone 5S, no admin fee, $50 credit on top.

My plan is 6gb super plan, my10, 200min anytime, unlimited text, 6gb data.
+5 long distance addon (which I'm cancelling)
+7 call ID and VM

Total will be $72+tax, but I'll cancel long distance add on so $67+tax.

NOW, what colour phone do I get? I plan on selling it brand new in box. Black, white or gold?
Black is by far the most popular, so I'd go with that.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)