Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
adeel wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 12:33 am
Originally Posted by aljavi
Hi, thanks for your comments. This plan includes Value Pack so Voice mail, visual caller id are included.
Unltd Value w/ E&W 6pm = $22
150 Weekday Minutes + 100 Bonus Minutes
Unl w/ E&W 6pm Minutes - Call Fwd/Transfer, Detailed Billing
Unlimited Text, Photo, Video (Canadian numbers)
MMS Value Pk, Call display, visual voice mail w/100 US&Intl Txt $12.79/month
Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee $2.53
Monthly Fee Discount - $5 (3y)
Monthly Fee Discount - $10 (3y)
500MB LTE Data$25.00/ -$5 discount (3y)
==================================
Total $42.32 + tax *** and get the phone with discount

I tried to get 6g, but they say its not available, so what do u recommend me?
take it...id stick with the 500mb lte data...eventually (when iphone 5 comes out), they will bring back 6gb/30 for everyone, and you can increase it then (since 500mb on lte is prob going to burn up fast).

You actually have a model plan...if I can get same plan on my renewal in about 6 months id be very happy
Posted by adeel at 11:33 PM Jul 17th, 2012
I just called to ask for 6GB again, and they can give me, but no discounts because is a promotion.. So what can I do? I never have data plan before, so no idea how much i will use
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3071 posts
564 upvotes
aljavi wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 9:13 am
I just called to ask for 6GB again, and they can give me, but no discounts because is a promotion.. So what can I do? I never have data plan before, so no idea how much i will use
You don't need 6GB if you've never had data - I can assure you that. What type of phone do you have? If you can get 1GB for cheaper than $30 (say like $20 or so?) I would go with that. However, the extra $10 is worth not having to ever worry about going over.

edit: just saw your plan. I would keep the 500MB for $20. However, like I said above, if you don't mind paying the extra $10: the 6GB is worth not every having to worry. Also having the ability to use personal hotspot for your tablet/laptop/whatever else is good to have too.
Newbie
Sep 1, 2005
92 posts
5 upvotes
I am paying more than 65 + taxes but no local and no US Text so thought it is good as i make lots of calls in some months.
Newbie
Jul 17, 2012
2 posts
BELLE RIVER
So I called yesterday to add data to my old family plan with free incoming.

My bill before calling was $86 taxes in for both lines ($43 each).

Plan before calling:
600 minutes (200 each + 200 shared)
Free evenings after 6 and weekends
Free Incoming
Unlimited texting (no picture messaging)
Voicemail + Caller ID + Call waiting/forwarding/etc...
$10 credit

Plan after calling:
600 minutes (200 each + 200 shared)
Free evenings after 6 and weekends
Free Incoming
Unlimited texting with picture messaging
Voicemail + Caller ID + Call waiting/forwarding/etc...
$10 credit
1GB shared data
An additional 100 minutes for each line


Cost jumped from $86 to $97 taxes in ($48.5 each) and I can bring it down futher by $2 if I go for online billing.

What do you guys think? Is it a good deal or should I push them for more? I have been a Rogers customer since 2008 and I mentioned to them yesterday that I had other deals from other providers. The rep was very nice and gave me the 1GB data right away. I pushed here further for extra minutes and she ended up adding the extra 200 shared minutes.

I just want some feedback from other Rogers customers out there and hopefully my story above helps people get a better idea of what they have. :)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28352 posts
1160 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
xsever wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 12:04 pm
So I called yesterday to add data to my old family plan with free incoming.
...
Whenever someone joins rfd (todays join date), and their sole post starts in mid-stride as though they've been on RFD for years, it makes me wonder why they didn't just post from their own account?
PayTM - $70 (24+hours waiting on the damn servers to wake up)
PC OPT: $3953 Ebates: $59.70
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Newbie
Feb 15, 2010
99 posts
Markham
How did you guys get to retention again?

I tried my luck yesterday (#611, then 4 and so on). I told the rep that I wanted to cancel and would like to find out how much it costs to cancel my wireless service. To my surprise, she simply quoted me $200 for the cancellation fee and that's it. She didn't even approached me by offering me a better plan?!?!?!? I plan to call again later today.... but what do I say?
Newbie
Jul 17, 2012
2 posts
BELLE RIVER
bubble.tea wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 1:04 pm
Whenever someone joins rfd (todays join date), and their sole post starts in mid-stride as though they've been on RFD for years, it makes me wonder why they didn't just post from their own account?
What?!
Newbie
Oct 9, 2009
60 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
[quote="red_red" post_id="15050508" time="1342552890" user_id="18126"]but no CID and Voicemail
How much to add CID and voicemail
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 10, 2003
827 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
wrx64 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 1:28 pm
it seem to be free with Virgin Mobile + 300 min instead of 200 with Rogers, or Bell.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2004
1532 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
I just called. The rep told me I HAVE TO get a phone from Rogers in order to talk about further discounts. Is that true???
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
hvc wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 9:17 am
You don't need 6GB if you've never had data - I can assure you that. What type of phone do you have? If you can get 1GB for cheaper than $30 (say like $20 or so?) I would go with that. However, the extra $10 is worth not having to ever worry about going over.

edit: just saw your plan. I would keep the 500MB for $20. However, like I said above, if you don't mind paying the extra $10: the 6GB is worth not every having to worry. Also having the ability to use personal hotspot for your tablet/laptop/whatever else is good to have too.
I got only 5$ discount for data, the $10 is the monthly plan
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
45343 posts
3768 upvotes
Toronto
hOrnizuka wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 5:07 pm
I just called. The rep told me I HAVE TO get a phone from Rogers in order to talk about further discounts. Is that true???
Nope.. Not true at all. What they're doing Is tricking you Into getting a phone first therefore you HUP'ed and renewed back to 3 years.. After that's all set In done they're going to let you hang dry In heat..
I did the opposite and It's the best and safest method of getting a good plan.. Negotiate your plan first with all the discounts/features you ideally want and when you are comfortable with what you are playing and Is willing to renew back to 3 years after getting a HUP Is when you should go and get the phone upgrade.

Majority of the people who are currently In contract and ask for discounts/credits get little to nothing because Rogers knows you're locked already with them so they don't care about you anymore!
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
aka414 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 1:20 pm
How did you guys get to retention again?

I tried my luck yesterday (#611, then 4 and so on). I told the rep that I wanted to cancel and would like to find out how much it costs to cancel my wireless service. To my surprise, she simply quoted me $200 for the cancellation fee and that's it. She didn't even approached me by offering me a better plan?!?!?!? I plan to call again later today.... but what do I say?
Because you say.."How much it costs to cancel my wireless service"
You have to say.. "I want to cancel my wireless service"
Good luck!
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Questions about HUP

1. I just called to ask about the return policy for HUP, they say I have 15 days to return it, counted since I ordered not when i received (is that true?
2. When I spoke to retention, she told me that the Galaxy S3 wil cost me 159.99 and I will receive a bonus for upgrade $50, but I just read in a paper the I will charged 209.99 - 50 discount, do you know if the $50 discount is for the 159.99 (web price) or the increase the price to 209.99 - $50 to became a 159.99

Does someone has a similar expirience? Thanks for your comments

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)