[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
adeel wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 12:33 am
Originally Posted by aljavi
Hi, thanks for your comments. This plan includes Value Pack so Voice mail, visual caller id are included.
Unltd Value w/ E&W 6pm = $22
150 Weekday Minutes + 100 Bonus Minutes
Unl w/ E&W 6pm Minutes - Call Fwd/Transfer, Detailed Billing
Unlimited Text, Photo, Video (Canadian numbers)
MMS Value Pk, Call display, visual voice mail w/100 US&Intl Txt $12.79/month
Gov't Regulatory Recovery Fee $2.53
Monthly Fee Discount - $5 (3y)
Monthly Fee Discount - $10 (3y)
500MB LTE Data$25.00/ -$5 discount (3y)
==================================
Total $42.32 + tax *** and get the phone with discount

I tried to get 6g, but they say its not available, so what do u recommend me?
take it...id stick with the 500mb lte data...eventually (when iphone 5 comes out), they will bring back 6gb/30 for everyone, and you can increase it then (since 500mb on lte is prob going to burn up fast).

You actually have a model plan...if I can get same plan on my renewal in about 6 months id be very happy
Posted by adeel at 11:33 PM Jul 17th, 2012
I just called to ask for 6GB again, and they can give me, but no discounts because is a promotion.. So what can I do? I never have data plan before, so no idea how much i will use
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3071 posts
564 upvotes
aljavi wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 9:13 am
I just called to ask for 6GB again, and they can give me, but no discounts because is a promotion.. So what can I do? I never have data plan before, so no idea how much i will use
You don't need 6GB if you've never had data - I can assure you that. What type of phone do you have? If you can get 1GB for cheaper than $30 (say like $20 or so?) I would go with that. However, the extra $10 is worth not having to ever worry about going over.

edit: just saw your plan. I would keep the 500MB for $20. However, like I said above, if you don't mind paying the extra $10: the 6GB is worth not every having to worry. Also having the ability to use personal hotspot for your tablet/laptop/whatever else is good to have too.
Sep 1, 2005
92 posts
5 upvotes
I am paying more than 65 + taxes but no local and no US Text so thought it is good as i make lots of calls in some months.
Jul 17, 2012
2 posts
BELLE RIVER
So I called yesterday to add data to my old family plan with free incoming.

My bill before calling was $86 taxes in for both lines ($43 each).

Plan before calling:
600 minutes (200 each + 200 shared)
Free evenings after 6 and weekends
Free Incoming
Unlimited texting (no picture messaging)
Voicemail + Caller ID + Call waiting/forwarding/etc...
$10 credit

Plan after calling:
600 minutes (200 each + 200 shared)
Free evenings after 6 and weekends
Free Incoming
Unlimited texting with picture messaging
Voicemail + Caller ID + Call waiting/forwarding/etc...
$10 credit
1GB shared data
An additional 100 minutes for each line

Cost jumped from $86 to $97 taxes in ($48.5 each) and I can bring it down futher by $2 if I go for online billing.

What do you guys think? Is it a good deal or should I push them for more? I have been a Rogers customer since 2008 and I mentioned to them yesterday that I had other deals from other providers. The rep was very nice and gave me the 1GB data right away. I pushed here further for extra minutes and she ended up adding the extra 200 shared minutes.

I just want some feedback from other Rogers customers out there and hopefully my story above helps people get a better idea of what they have. :)
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28352 posts
1160 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
xsever wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 12:04 pm
So I called yesterday to add data to my old family plan with free incoming.
Whenever someone joins rfd (todays join date), and their sole post starts in mid-stride as though they've been on RFD for years, it makes me wonder why they didn't just post from their own account?
PayTM - $70 (24+hours waiting on the damn servers to wake up)
PC OPT: $3953 Ebates: $59.70
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Feb 15, 2010
99 posts
Markham
How did you guys get to retention again?

I tried my luck yesterday (#611, then 4 and so on). I told the rep that I wanted to cancel and would like to find out how much it costs to cancel my wireless service. To my surprise, she simply quoted me $200 for the cancellation fee and that's it. She didn't even approached me by offering me a better plan?!?!?!? I plan to call again later today.... but what do I say?
Jul 17, 2012
2 posts
BELLE RIVER
bubble.tea wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 1:04 pm
Whenever someone joins rfd (todays join date), and their sole post starts in mid-stride as though they've been on RFD for years, it makes me wonder why they didn't just post from their own account?
What?!
Oct 9, 2009
60 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
[quote="red_red" post_id="15050508" time="1342552890" user_id="18126"]but no CID and Voicemail
How much to add CID and voicemail
Mar 10, 2003
827 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
wrx64 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 1:28 pm
it seem to be free with Virgin Mobile + 300 min instead of 200 with Rogers, or Bell.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1532 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
I just called. The rep told me I HAVE TO get a phone from Rogers in order to talk about further discounts. Is that true???
Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
hvc wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 9:17 am
You don't need 6GB if you've never had data - I can assure you that. What type of phone do you have? If you can get 1GB for cheaper than $30 (say like $20 or so?) I would go with that. However, the extra $10 is worth not having to ever worry about going over.

edit: just saw your plan. I would keep the 500MB for $20. However, like I said above, if you don't mind paying the extra $10: the 6GB is worth not every having to worry. Also having the ability to use personal hotspot for your tablet/laptop/whatever else is good to have too.
I got only 5$ discount for data, the $10 is the monthly plan
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45343 posts
3768 upvotes
Toronto
hOrnizuka wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 5:07 pm
I just called. The rep told me I HAVE TO get a phone from Rogers in order to talk about further discounts. Is that true???
Nope.. Not true at all. What they're doing Is tricking you Into getting a phone first therefore you HUP'ed and renewed back to 3 years.. After that's all set In done they're going to let you hang dry In heat..
I did the opposite and It's the best and safest method of getting a good plan.. Negotiate your plan first with all the discounts/features you ideally want and when you are comfortable with what you are playing and Is willing to renew back to 3 years after getting a HUP Is when you should go and get the phone upgrade.

Majority of the people who are currently In contract and ask for discounts/credits get little to nothing because Rogers knows you're locked already with them so they don't care about you anymore!
Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
aka414 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2012 1:20 pm
How did you guys get to retention again?

I tried my luck yesterday (#611, then 4 and so on). I told the rep that I wanted to cancel and would like to find out how much it costs to cancel my wireless service. To my surprise, she simply quoted me $200 for the cancellation fee and that's it. She didn't even approached me by offering me a better plan?!?!?!? I plan to call again later today.... but what do I say?
Because you say.."How much it costs to cancel my wireless service"
You have to say.. "I want to cancel my wireless service"
Good luck!
Jan 3, 2012
159 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Questions about HUP

1. I just called to ask about the return policy for HUP, they say I have 15 days to return it, counted since I ordered not when i received (is that true?
2. When I spoke to retention, she told me that the Galaxy S3 wil cost me 159.99 and I will receive a bonus for upgrade $50, but I just read in a paper the I will charged 209.99 - 50 discount, do you know if the $50 discount is for the 159.99 (web price) or the increase the price to 209.99 - $50 to became a 159.99

Does someone has a similar expirience? Thanks for your comments

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)